• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fire Emblem Fates General Discussion: Filled with Nohrian Scum

[...]

Watching Hamayama's stream, he did Normal/Phoenix mode to rush through the story, but it still looked pretty brutal. And I only watched the Hoshido path. People on the chat were saying it was pretty difficult to offset the grinding and no weapon durability that Hoshido has. (But removing the weapon durability is on both sides.) I only watched him play the first 2 chapters after choosing the Nohr path, but it's supposed to be a lot more difficult.

Nohr's path is actually paying homage to how the gameplay of any older Fire Emblem game that isn't named Gaiden, Sacred Stones and Awakening is. Players here are sticking on the rails of the plot without breaks and are stuck with more limited resources in addition to further mission completion requirements. The path of Hoshido is definitely more lenient than the other path, unless you don't take advantage of grinding and a lot of resources.
Maybe Nohr's path isn't difficult for Hamayama in the first two chapters of Nohr's path because his units have their stats properly managed before hitting those chapters. Then again, he isn't tackling on the harder difficulties.

From what I've seen so far, the Lunatic difficulty curve seems to be well-managed this time around. I couldn't be sure as I haven't touched on that difficulty in Awakening, so I had to search in Internet for that.
Someone on GameFAQs who began playing at Lunatic difficulty posted a thread. One was saying that the Nohr campaign raises the difficulty pretty high and quickly after choosing it in the sixth chapter. Another says that the enemy stats aren't ridiculously high and the same turn reinforcements are nowhere to be found, at least in an early-game playthrough.

I've just been looking around GameFAQs. I'm surprised not a lot of people imported a 3DS and the game tbh considering how hyped up it is. Avoiding spoilers for months and months will be hard ~_~ The link is right here: (x) Nearly all the spoilers are covered so anyone can skim through if you'd like.
Also, I have no idea if this has been posted or not, but I heard you can take a bath with someone of the opposite gender (that you have S-Ranked, I think? They said "jk you don't have to s rank them" but I'm not sure) and blow through the microphone to dry them off.

WbzorPi

0_o If that GIF doesn't show blowing on them to dry them off, I don't know what it is at this point

Thanks for the link!
And you have to be S rank with them to be able to take baths together. Otherwise, they'd get embarrassed and tell you to leave or leave themselves (Though some don't seem to mind and asks you to join them) The drying feature seems really weird...

There's a compilation of translated supports here: http://pastebin.com/qddaf9Ui if anyone want to take a peek!

If you want to avoid spoilers, avoid reading supports between Nohr/Hoshido as they may contain spoilers for the third path. This is because interaction between Nohr & Hoshido factions are not possible unless you're in the third path, which is currently unreleased.

My ladycrush on Camilla has only increased after I found out her Japanese VA is F!Robin's VA, who I love. My English MU voice doesn't match her at all because the softest Japanese voice on this game lines up with the deepest one in the English version. Hopefully that doesn't happen in Fates because I already know which F!Kamui voice I want for the Japanese audio if they choose to include it again.

I feel like once the NFC reader comes out, I'll buy a copy of Code Name Steam and use my Fire Emblem amiibos and pretend it's Fates.

So, I love fire emblem. I love it a lot. I was so pumped behind this game.

But I'm no longer buying it.
I'm disgusted. Soleil x Male Kamui support is awful. Way to go to treat the most obvious lesbian girl in the game. You literally drug her in the support and it dangerously parallels gay conversion theraphy.

If that support wasn't in the game, then I would be happy enough to play the game. I don't care if they take it out in the English version. Unless they apologize/patch it, I can't play a game with that. Even if I don't marry her as male kamui. That is disgusting. I was so hyped for this game because the story and gameplay and some of the characters, but not anymore.

Yeah that support was really gross, I had to stop reading it. I'm surprised since they actually handled
Zero, Shara, and Foleo
well but this??? There are other ways to make their support work and it doesn't even makes sense why Kamui would need to do that.

I'd still be buying the game but I hope they change it. I doubt they'd apologize/patch it though since Japan wouldn't see it as problematic :/

Yeah that support was really gross, I had to stop reading it. I'm surprised since they actually handled
Zero, Shara, and Foleo
well but this??? There are other ways to make their support work and it doesn't even makes sense why Kamui would need to do that.

I'd still be buying the game but I hope they change it. I doubt they'd apologize/patch it though since Japan wouldn't see it as problematic :/

I thought Japan was actually making progress towards Gay equality. I keep seeing people use that excuse that Japan is homophobic even though it seems like they're making steps. Like, I would've been fine with the Shara or whatever and Zero. But the Soleil support was completely uncalled for. That support and others had turned me off from the game.

Another post on Soleil. "Still bad, but not in the way you think" approach. I can't read Japanese, so I can't 100% side one way or the other. I was really disappointed when I read the initial post someone made, but I'm hoping it leans more towards the second one, even if still creepy.

I'm also really hoping one of the reasons it's taking so long to localize this game is to fix the creepy ****.

Anywho, I wanted to be informed so I looked up her tag, which did spoil something for me.

But I guess I wasn't off the mark when I was hoping the clones were actually disguises for Severa, Owain, and Inigo. Soleil even has Olivia's hair band...

Another post on Soleil. "Still bad, but not in the way you think" approach. I can't read Japanese, so I can't 100% side one way or the other. I was really disappointed when I read the initial post someone made, but I'm hoping it leans more towards the second one, even if still creepy.

I'm also really hoping one of the reasons it's taking so long to localize this game is to fix the creepy ****.

Anywho, I wanted to be informed so I looked up her tag, which did spoil something for me.

But I guess I wasn't off the mark when I was hoping the clones were actually disguises for Severa, Owain, and Inigo. Soleil even has Olivia's hair band...
Im thinking its the second one because of the points being used to prove it. Or at least I hope its the second one

So, I love fire emblem. I love it a lot. I was so pumped behind this game.

But I'm no longer buying it.
I'm disgusted. Soleil x Male Kamui support is awful. Way to go to treat the most obvious lesbian girl in the game. You literally drug her in the support and it dangerously parallels gay conversion theraphy.

If that support wasn't in the game, then I would be happy enough to play the game. I don't care if they take it out in the English version. Unless they apologize/patch it, I can't play a game with that. Even if I don't marry her as male kamui. That is disgusting. I was so hyped for this game because the story and gameplay and some of the characters, but not anymore.

Gay conversion therapy involves drinking potions to make people you don't have a preference for look like the opposite gender?

Apparently, players on Amazon.jp are saying things like "Plot is not well-written" "Corrin isn't a good protagonist" "Too much fanservice" "Plot is falsely advertised, got something different"
In fact, the two games got a price drop within one week; the same price drop given to Awakening after a year, it seems. Overall, Conquest/Birthright has a rating of 3 stars, as well as Birthright/White Kingdom. I'm not sure if this price drop is part of a sale or something, but it's definitely something to look at.

Last edited:
Gay conversion therapy involves drinking potions to make people you don't have a preference for look like the opposite gender?

No, but it's pretty obvious male kamui is trying to cure her sexuality. Like the support could've been something else, instead of drugging her. Yes I know she somehow faints just from seeing cute girls, but the answer is not drugging her into falling in love with you.

It's very insulting especially to lesbians to see a very obvious lesbian character (Yes I know about her and that whatever guys support, but thats honestly so small and everything about her is liking girls) be cured of her sexuality and marrying male kamui. Tbh I wish we got her instead of Shara. Shara is just another Tharja clone, no thank you. I hated Tharja so much gdi

Last edited:
Here's another insight on Soleil. I haven't played the game myself so I won't say more, and my friend who has the Japanese copy hasn't recruited Soleil either.

While getting infos like this is nice so you know what to keep away from, please keep in mind that this game in still in Japanese and most people are getting this information through fan translations that may not be accurate, and they probably haven't played the game themselves. I'd recommend taking every information with a grain of salt.

The fact that shes bi is like really hard to find. Like its really small, and very vague in the support. Ive read her other supports and everything about her screams lesbian. She even has a skill called girl lover that benefits her when shes with another girl.

I don't really think this is the time to point out she's bi either when so many lesbian fans were upset from this. She's the most obvious lesbian girl in the game - but she can't marry girls? But instead lesbians get Shana. Thanks. I always wanted a creepy tharja clone.

(before you yell at me that I should be glad theres even an option - i dont care. If they already had a lesbian girl to begin with, then why cant see date female kamui???????)

Also looked at the reviews for the game. Apparently all the complaints are too much fanservice, which I agree with. The fanservice ruined the game for me, and its sad coz the game looked fun too. But they added so many weird features it just feels.. like im playing a different game.

Also looked at the reviews for the game. Apparently all the complaints are too much fanservice, which I agree with. The fanservice ruined the game for me, and its sad coz the game looked fun too. But they added so many weird features it just feels.. like im playing a different game.

That was definitely one of the reasons why both versions have 3-star ratings on Amazon. It's kind of upsetting that the reviews are average due to over-the-top fanservice; this game could have been a really good way to do what Awakening did wrong. The fanservice and supports were pretty fun in Awakening and NoA hardly censored any supports (they totally marred Henry's personality though), but now I wonder what NoA will do with some of the more controversial concepts of the game now :/ They'll most likely pull a Henry with Soleil's supports and change a lot of the context up, which I'd be OK with.

Apparently, players on Amazon.jp are saying things like "Plot is not well-written" "Corrin isn't a good protagonist" "Too much fanservice" "Plot is falsely advertised, got something different"

Now, I can't really say much since I don't follow any live streams or whatever, read translations so far, nor read anything about the game yet.... except of course, I've read some stuff about the Soleil case. But seeing feedback about the plot -- how it isn't like what we've expected/like the one in the trailers, that the plot isn't well-written, that the plot isn't that good... I'm actually kinda scared about the game now.

Maybe because I have high expectations for this game since the trailers look so good and they make it look like the plot would definitely not just be average.. but.... oh well. I can't really say much yet since I haven't played it for myself.. but I guess now's the time to lower my expectations for it :^\

The negative response really surprised me since it literally came out of nowhere. One moment, people seem to be praising the game, but now more people are speaking up about fanservice getting in the way of gameplay, and that some of it it just pointless, like the running-with-Elise-and-bumping-into-Camilla's-chest-and-falling-down scene. Obviously, 90% of the fanservice is reached through completely optional features, so it kind of annoys me that people are hating on features that they don't HAVE to use? Unless most of of it is just shoved into your face or something.
In fact, I've heard Aqua serves minor purpose to the story (not sure which route), in terms of what the trailers implied. The one character that serves as a hinge to both sides apparently serves not so large of a role according to players :eek: I'm definitely more interested in the game now that it's been said to be quite different than what we're seeing.

Back