• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
What even is Fred Meyer, some Canadian store?

They are a grocery store chain in the Pacific Northwest. They are kind of like Target in that they also have household goods, clothes, electronics, etc. It's a "one stop shop" kind of place. I personally really like them!

--------------

As a side note... I finally took the plunge with amiibo! I didn't have any, but I've been bidding on them on eBay for the past couple months. I have been bidding on big lots so my per-piece price wasn't too high. These lots typically go for $10ish per amiibo for the common amiibo (and obviously a lot more if they include highly sought after amiibo). Today however, I finally won a lot of 14 at a $6.50/amiibo price point. Yay! Here are my incoming amiibo (all SSB series):

Mario
Luigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Diddy
DK
Link
Toon Link
Sheik
Zelda
Kirby
Pikachu
Samus

I am pretty excited! Do you think I got a good deal? Now... I just have to wait until September when the adaptor releases for my 3DS XL, haha.

To those it may concern: If you ordered Robin, Lucina, or Ness from Amazon.uk, be sure to check your e-mail. They sent out notices recently that many orders were not dispatched due to a lack of inventory.

However, they have NOT cancelled the orders. They've been put on hold for more inventory to arrive in June.

I'll be patient. I want Lucina and Robin enough that I'm willing to wait as long as it's assured I still get them. ;-;

I hope you managed to get hold of them!

I feared my order for Robin was going to be cancelled, but he ended up just shipping really late (as in 5+ hours after Lucina) and I ordered both from Amazon. Both arrived at my parents house today and my mother opened them and emailed me photos. I won't be going back there for 1.5-2 weeks though.

Last edited:
God bless target for having like 50 of every wave 4 amiibo (plus Charizard McDonald's toy)

I got Ness Charizard and Pacman today from EB Games. They look great :D Target had nothing.. I didnt want the others anyway

A few days ago, I went to a very small Canadian vintage video game store and I've seen 3 Link amiibo being priced at $19.99 and one Mega Man amiibo for $24.99. I don't think Link is particularly rare here, as I see plenty of other retailers still having him aside of EBGames.

Last time I went to Canadian Wal-Mart website, Inkling Boy & Girl and Pac-Man are still up for preorder. Best Buy has a set of 3 Splatoon amiibo showing up but not available right away, while Archambault apparently have a Splatoon Girl amiibo being eventually sold in stores.

Seems like that I can try to get any Splatoon amiibo, Wario and Pac-Man from that nearest vintage store. It might cost an extra dollar or so, but it's definitely cheaper for me to get those than to place an order online outside of them being likely eligible for Wal-Mart's free shipping.

I hope you managed to get hold of them!

I feared my order for Robin was going to be cancelled, but he ended up just shipping really late (as in 5+ hours after Lucina) and I ordered both from Amazon. Both arrived at my parents house today and my mother opened them and emailed me photos. I won't be going back there for 1.5-2 weeks though.

My orders for Robin and Lucina, unfortunately, didn't get dispatched. So I'm stuck in the crowd waiting until June for them to be restocked and sent.

If I happen to catch a lucky break from US retail before June, like maybe Target, I'll cancel the orders from Amazon.uk, but if not, I'll wait until June. Better to have them guaranteed later than not have them at all.

My orders for Robin and Lucina, unfortunately, didn't get dispatched. So I'm stuck in the crowd waiting until June for them to be restocked and sent.

If I happen to catch a lucky break from US retail before June, like maybe Target, I'll cancel the orders from Amazon.uk, but if not, I'll wait until June. Better to have them guaranteed later than not have them at all.

That's a shame. :( At least they weren't cancelled altogether!

I just went on ShopTo and saw they've raised prices of amiibo to ?19.85 each. GAME's ?14.99 was already a rip off. :|

Ehhh, I don't mind paying ?15 on each Amiibo I generally want from GAME.

Da **** I thought 17AUD was bad enough for an amiibo but 15 pounds pounds is like 30AUD wtf

Last edited:
Are you still undecided whether to get a Mario amiibo or not? Rather than post it on the thread, I just posted a blog entry reviewing his Smash version amiibo there. In this review, I gave it a very favorable recommendation.

So, I tried to place a preorder for a Pac-Man amiibo on the Canadian Wal-Mart page just for fun and the free shipping apparently applies when I exceed $50 prior to taxes. Instead of costing me around $18 CAD, I would spend like $25 in total because of shipping fees. In order to profit from free shipping, I would have to immediately pick the two Splatoon amiibo and Link since I don't own them yet. Though, there are few problems:

• I already have Toon Link, which basically acts like as Link in games other than Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U, therefore not really needing him in first place. My local vintage store had three of him for $19.99, but of course I wouldn't buy him at that price.
  • I don't need any of the Super Mario line of amiibo, since I pretty much got every character but Toad from Smash line
  • The set of 3 Splatoon amiibo might be restocked around the time Splatoon launches in America. These amiibo are on my top priority. If I end up buying the pack, the two Splatoon amiibo I would otherwise grab would become useless to me.
  • I'm confident that I could get Wario, Pac-Man and all the Splatoon amiibo in my local vintage video game store rather than ordering, despite each of them costing an extra dollar or so. When they'll appear there is a mystery to me. But then again, I could easily wait for these amiibo to reappear since they are apparently common/uncommon and are more likely to be available on Wal-Mart Canada, all while saving around $5.

In the end, I think my most logical choice would be Wario, Pac-Man and all of the Splatoon amiibo. I might as well not bother with the rest of Wave 4 and beyond, outside of one of the Woolly Yoshi amiibo. Keep in mind, my priority is to aim in both usefulness and collectible factor, even though there are amiibo I'd like to get that are nearly useless.

Wait, you mean to say people actually use these things?

I thought they just display them like some sort of trophies.

Last edited:
I didn't get any, because I'm a poor slob. One day, villager. One day....

Last edited:
Wait, you mean to say people actually use these things?

I thought they just display them like some sort of trophies.

I've only used Toad so far. As their uses become more interesting (so, outside of Smash basically) I'll use them more. I've opened quite a lot of them now though. I've five still sealed. Well, technically seven, but I've not physically gotten my hands on the latest two yet and won't do so until I next see my parents.

Last edited:
Back