amiibo Official General Discussion

Which Amiibo did you get?

• Total voters
I'm actually kinda tempted to get the cases myself

Not obsessed enough to keep these things boxed, but I would like something for them

That said though, I do with these had the option for batch orders at a small discount.

Last edited:
Anyone know if these are being released internationally? Might buy some for Rosalina, Ness and Villager when I get him, then I'll have all my mains :D

Contacted my local game shop and apparently they're supposed to have the hori amiibo cases at some point
**woo**

Last edited:
@lars since it won't let me quote for some reason
The one I'm talking about isn't out yet, unfortunately

Last edited:
Caved on Lucina and ordered her from Amazon.uk this afternoon.

If I can just get Robin now, I'll be happy.

Also, Wal-Mart is full of crap and apparently put Wave 4 amiibo preorders up at 3AM EST this morning. What the heck? It's like Nintendo and the retailers basically want us to give up our lives AND our sleep.

Almost snagged a Robin myself but it ran out as soon as I tried to pre-order from Amazon, it's not a big loss eitherway.

Almost snagged a Robin myself but it ran out as soon as I tried to pre-order from Amazon, it's not a big loss eitherway.
But I am sure Robin was like a supposed super rare amiibo of Wave 4 due to Fire Emblem status? or am I just incorrect? I have no idea...

I caved and got a Robin from Amazon UK, too. Now I'm gonna have to work EXTRA hard to make money for my bro's wedding out west this summer.

Robin and Lucina pre-orders have been selling out within mere minutes (never longer than 3) on sites putting them up for retail order in the USA. It's crazy-hard to snag one. So in retrospect, it might be worth the extra money for international shipping. Plus, since they come out a month earlier in the UK and take (according to a friend of mine who ordered Lucario last wave) about a month to get across seas, they should be arriving just about when they're released in the USA anyway.

On the bright side, I can stop stalking these pages and kinda sorta have a bit of my life back for at least a couple months until it starts all over again with Dark Pit and Palutena.

Some Greninja pre-order slips showed up early at TRU early apparently.
There was a pic posted if some in Redlands CA (relatively close to me rip)
;-/

But anyway I get paid today yee-haw!
I'm gonna try to snag a Lucina down somehow.

I am looking forward to getting Olimar, Bowser Jr, Dr. Mario, Falco, Duck Hunt Duo, Mr. Game and Watch, R.O.B, Mewtwo and Lucas.

But I am sure Robin was like a supposed super rare amiibo of Wave 4 due to Fire Emblem status? or am I just incorrect? I have no idea...

All the wave 4 (us wave) amiibo seem to be rare... Also, why are all the newer wave amiibo that rare? There is NO chance here in Europe that you will find a wave 3 or 4 (That is wave 3 combined in us) amiibo anymore... Maybe Sonic of Mega Man if you are lucky but that's it. And no i am not forgetting Bowser.

By a stroke of luck, I was still awake to snag Robin on Walmart. He went up RIGHT as my internet came back up after an outage. But I'll admit, it was screwed up of them to put wave 4 up so late. I really did tell myself I was only getting Ness for wave 4, but. :rolleyes:

I kinda wish I could get Robin imported instead. Doesn't he come out in about two weeks for everyone else? And if it's true that Zero Suit Samus comes out in September here and July everywhere else, I better get her imported too...

I kinda wish I could get Robin imported instead. Doesn't he come out in about two weeks for everyone else?

He comes out in less than a week (Friday 24th) here. I've both him and Lucina coming on that date. :)

Last edited:
Should I buy some of these? Is it a good idea..?

It honestly depends. I get them because some of the characters I adore (like Ness) will probably never have another figure or any merch. They look really nice on your tv stand, shelf, etc. :blush: But as for in-game content they offer, you're not missing out on much imo. Link's worth the spinner in Hyrule Warriors, if you play that.

Currently, amiibo don't do much to enhance your gaming experience outside of looking pretty, unlocking stuff and read/write functionality is only limited to two Wii U games. If you absolutely want to get a few right away, I would recommend trying to get any amiibo of a hugely popular character that comes from a franchise that is Super Mario (Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser) and The Legend of Zelda (especially Link). These will not only definitely get you the most bang from your bucks, but they're also relatively easy to find in stores without too much effort.

Last edited:
Back