• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Splatoon Splatoon General Discussion (HYPE THREAD)

What is everyone hoping will be announced in tomorrow's Splatoon Nintendo Direct.
I would like to find out if there will be any more Splatoon amiibo announced personally.

This probably isnt likely but I hope there will be offline multiplayer ^^

This probably isnt likely but I hope there will be offline multiplayer ^^

I REALLY want this, or maybe something like MK8 where you can go online with a friend. Just something other than the Battle Dojo, that'll get old fast.

im v angry that the direct is 10 am where i live

ill be at school taking all these tests while there's a splatoon direct going on and,,,

tbh I wish it was 10AM PDT and not 10AM EDT since I get to go in late to school for like the next month woo. But I'll wake up at 7 for Nintendo.
-Regarding the leak, I want the other amiibo costumes to be real. I want to show off my Marth and Dedede amiibo in some way. Also, make Zelda's dress an item. It still isn't in MK8 for some reason, but I'd be fine with it here. (who cares if it's crossdressing if you look good?)
-What if they had an Inkling Smash reveal at the end. And was announced to be release alongside Lucas. I wouldn't know what to do.
-Is there a way to taunt? Can I make the Inklings twerk?

e6Q38Fj.jpg

North America Schedule:

May 8 from 8:00 - 9:00 PM PT (11:00 - Midnight ET)
May 9 from 4:00 - 5:00 AM PT (7:00 - 8:00 AM ET)
May 9 from Noon to 1 PM PT (3:00 - 4:00 PM ET)

European Schedule (UK time):

May 9 from 04:00 - 05:00
May 9 from 12:00 - 13:00
May 9 from 20:00 - 21:00

Australia Schedule

Saturday May 9th - 13:00-14:00
Saturday May 9th - 21:00-22:00
Sunday May 10th - 05:00-06:00

I downloaded the demo and I'm excited to try it, but...

Holy crap, the times SUCK for EST. I can't stay up until midnight on a work night. Ugh. And I'll be at work 7-8AM.

I'll have to try to shoot for the 3-4PM one. :/

I missed the direct and was pleasantly surprised when I heard about the global testfire. I knew I charged my gamepad yesterday for a reason! haha

I'm working a full shift on release day, but I should be off that weekend. Hoping I can get a friend to pick up my preorder! Hyyyyype

I'm really hoping more times are announced over the next few weekends for the demo. I'm hoping I can make them but currently think the only one I'll get a chance to play will be if I stay up until 4am tomorrow. o.o;

Also kinda cheesed that it almost looks like most stages and multiplayer modes are coming out later than there will be at launch.

It looks like (this is from memory to fogive me if wrong.);
6 stages on launch, 8 coming later,
2 (3 with local?) modes to play with others and 2 coming later.

Last edited:
At first I wasn't planning on getting splatoon, but after watching videos and seeing the nintendo direct today, I'm absolutely getting it! I'm gonna stay up and play the demo.

Last edited:
kinda sucks how much content is locked behind amiibo now~ but I guess it was inevitable

I feel like I might use the girl Inkling, the guy just doesn't look good. If I can't change the hair/eye style, then I'm probably using the girl. (Color isn't enough)

Back