• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Is there any certain way to tell if one of the artworks from Redd's is fake?

DarkFox7

honk honk
Bells
Cake
I know you get it checked by Blathers, but is there any way to tell BEFORE I buy it? Does Redd say anything different if it's fake? I'm just really tired of having only a few pieces of art in the museum. :s

theres guides just for this. redd doesnt say anything.
guides usually say that if this certain detail is like this, its fake. if not, its real.

I don't think you can tell without an online guide - the thonky one above is what I use. And I don't think you can tell anything by what your villagers say when they sell to you either. It's just the luck of the draw there.

the manual tells you the artworks used and their titles. if youre not sure, you could look up what it really looks like and see if the one in-game looks like it.

Back