• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Switching SD cards HELP!

OliviaTheCreep

Jutti Meri Oye Hoi Hoi
Bells
Yellow Candy
Happy Home Designer Token
So I've got a digital copy of animal crossing on my 3ds and I'm going to buy a digital download for another game but I don't have enough space. I got the idea of having two 4gb SD cards and switching them when I want to play animal crossing. I'm not going to try and download it again on my other SD or anything I'm just wondering if it's possible to take my sd card out to download a different game then put in my old ad card in when I want to play animal crossing? I've worked super hard on my new leaf town and I would cry if anything would happen to it ;-;

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I honestly have no idea. But I've heard often that switching SD cards a lot can and will most likely cause you to lose all progress and ruin the save data. Delete photos, that's what I do and it helps~! :) Good luck!

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I honestly have no idea. But I've heard often that switching SD cards a lot can and will most likely cause you to lose all progress and ruin the save data. Delete photos, that's what I do and it helps~! :) Good luck!

I actually did do that! I moved photos from my sd card to my system memory and deleted all the sd card photos but with all the updates I need to download from the Eshop I'm just getting less and less blocks :/

That's not recommended since many people have said that their data can and did get corrupted. Just buy a 16gb, transfer everything from you 4gb onto the computer then insert the 16gb into the computer copy all that into the larger sd and you should be able to play all the games the same way but with more room for current and future downloads :)

That's not recommended since many people have said that their data can and did get corrupted. Just buy a 16gb, transfer everything from you 4gb onto the computer then insert the 16gb into the computer copy all that into the larger sd and you should be able to play all the games the same way but with more room for current and future downloads :)
I know it would be best but since I've already got another SDcard and I wasn't planning on redownloading the game I thought it might be possible to just pop in that sd card when I wanted to play my town :/

No. What you'll cause is corruption in the worst ways because you KNOW the risks.

I upgraded my SD card a few months ago, and transferred the information without issue. So long as you follow Nintendo's directions for such transfers, transition should be seamless.

I upgraded my SD card a few months ago, and transferred the information without issue. So long as you follow Nintendo's directions for such transfers, transition should be seamless.

I just bought a 16 gb card and I'm planning on transferring everything just wanna make sure my town doesn't corrupt in the process ;-;

Back