• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I kinda feel bad for Isabelle.

Sometimes if you go into the town hall late at night she will be sleeping at the front desk so I think she pretty much just lives there

I give Isabelle serious kudos, because despite all the stuff that she runs and takes care of and all of the other responsibilities she has on top of that, she never loses that cheerful, optimistic demeanor. Anyone who can remain that happy in the face of such work and stress is a force to be reckoned with. I adore her and I think she's a very loveable and admirable character.

And I can't wait to see her behind the wheel in Mario Kart 8. : ) Perhaps we'll get our first taste of Isabelle's "stress relief". Hahahaha.

I could imagine her having a rare dark side that only appears when provoked!
That would be really interesting.
But yeah, I love her. Opening the game to her smiling face always puts me in a good mood

I agree. She chose that life though. What can we do? I've never had to talk to Digby either because I don't have any street pass houses :( Nobody has animal crossing around here...

I agree. She chose that life though. What can we do? I've never had to talk to Digby either because I don't have any street pass houses :( Nobody has animal crossing around here...

When I first got the game, that was the only time I talked to him. Nobody has animal crossing here either, nor did anyone have it in my hometown. It's always wherever I'm not!

I was just thinking about it, I would love to interact with her and a lot of npc a lot more, I mean she's really cute and I love when she goes to the roost caf?. I can't wait to use her in MK8 poor girl deserves a rest. :3

I love Isabelle and I totally appreciate all the work she does. I don't get why so many people hate her just because THE GAME won't let you put PWPs in certain spots or on some event days. So in addition to all the hard work she does, she also gets unfairly blamed and hated because of the game's programming. Yet she still greets all the haters with a smile and kind words every time they load the game or visit her in the town hall. She is beyond selfless.

I'm honestly kind of surprised that so many people dislike her, because she's so positive. Like I've never in my life hated a person that had a positive attitude because it makes me feel good to be around them. But that's just me, I'm not trying to bash anyone's opinion or anything.

I'm honestly kind of surprised that so many people dislike her, because she's so positive. Like I've never in my life hated a person that had a positive attitude because it makes me feel good to be around them. But that's just me, I'm not trying to bash anyone's opinion or anything.

Until I came here, I thought pretty much everyone loved her. If you go to tumblr, she's like... one of the number one "waifus" that people claim. lol Seriously, there is SO much love for her there that I just kind of assumed she was very well-liked everywhere. This is the first place I've come across people who severely dislike/hate her. Which is their choice, of course, but I can't see a reason to hate her. Yeah, she doesn't let you put Public Works Projects wherever you want if they're too close to other things, but she's programmed to behave that way and repeat herself, so it's hardly what I would call a "character fault".

I love/dislike Isabelle. Love when she outside during the fireworks/New Years Eve. We all dance together.

I dislike that she pushes the villagers out of the way when walking to a PWP. At the time I was on the pathway walking slowly.
She pushed one of the villagers around a couple of times.
The villagers also mention that they are afraid of her. Poor Iggly got sucked into cleaning up leaves because Isabelle said it was a new exercise routine. Limberg broke it to him that she was just getting him to work. So maybe she makes the villagers do a lot of work while not playing.

Isabelle is such an awesome secretary. I'm surprised that the game doesn't have a secretary appreciation day for her. It'd be sweet to send her some flowers, fruit, or sea shells to show her that we care.

well, she got that 5 second nap on the 7th day of first having acnl, in which i still feel bad.

she probably sleeps when you're not playing, and she mentions something about
"having a room" in the beginning of the game around when she wants a seashell, so she probably lives in a house with digby, where i would guess it would be in one of the HHA homes, or some part of the town you can't get to, or she hops a train every night whenever your not playing and meets up with digby. I really don't know,

buuuuut.... y'know, Isabelle is a shih tzu, and i used to have a shih tzu and they are pretty energetic, so she probably doesn't get tired as much :) don't worry, she's not complaining, she always has a smile on her face, praises you when you get a perfect town, and she's friendly all the time ^.^

I wish you could encounter more NPCs like Isabelle just walking about and just talk to them or invite them to the cafe or shop with you . Maybe your could even visit them at home sometime. It would make the game feel more alive.

You can't even shop for stuff with your villagers...sad

I think they really jipped us on the dialogue in New Leaf. Every character especially the villagers just repeats the same 3-4 things over and over again like an automated machine.

Compare that to the first game where they actually had somewhat developed personalities and a wider range of things to say and different directions a conversation could go

I agree. I wish there was more variety to what they were saying like in Population Growing. Didnt WW have more dialogue? ^

As annoying as it is to place PWP's sometimes I do feel bad for her. (Even though she isnt real) Ive seen people on other sites make a room in their home what would be her and Digbys room. Sometimes I say I want to build a PWP just to get her out of town hall besides the holidays.

Back