• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

I kinda feel bad for Isabelle.

Plasticlizards

Baconator
Bells
Yellow Candy
Poor girl works 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Never catches a break except to stand in the exact same spot on the plaza all day & night on the holidays. She caters to our every need. While we, as the mayor, get to run around smacking villagers with nets, fishing, decorating our houses & living the good life.

I felt so bad at the beginning of the game when she talked about not being able to leave to pick up seashells on the beach or when she said something about wishing she could go to the Island but she has to work.

She also has to take all of the citizen's requests, complaints, etc. and keep everything in order for the mayor who really only sits in that chair for about .2% of the game.
If you've ever looked at the desk, SHE EVEN MAKES YOU A CUP OF COFFEE EVERY MORNING!
This honestly makes me feel empathy for all of the real-life secretaries around the world. So under appreciated.

The same goes for her brother Digby, standing in that exact same spot 365 days a year no matter the weather. These guys are the most diligent, responsible, hardworking dogs you'll ever see. They need a vacation!

- - - Post Merge - - -

AND THEY DON'T EVEN GET PAID (That I know of)

I agree and then when you disappear for a long time she even says that she did her best to fill in your shoes, and she always reminds you about completed public work projects, when someone is moving in, and when someone is leaving.

She needs to be sent away on a tropical vacation for a while.
We can employ Gulliver as her temporary replacement as his whole life is merely a vacation followed by a vicious hangover.

Oh I absolutely do too. If I could, I'd send that woman a present every day. Furniture one day, maybe fruit the next, then a nice new shirt. Just...damn. She's the baddest character on the game, no doubt.​

She doesn't even get to go and meet kk slider on her off days. Isabelle's probably the one behind some of the donations for the PWPs honestly. She barely even has any significant lines unless she's out and about, but even then it's not much. She's definitely cute though and very hardworking.

No. They're the most stupidest robotic, fake, annoying things I have ever have to put up with in my life. Sometimes i just feel like tying isabelle to a pole and throwing that pole in the oceran.

IT'S SO ANNOYING, CAN'T EVEN LET ME WORK WHILE YOU'RE SITTING IN THIS CRAMPED OFFICE, IF IM NOT ALLOWED TO THEN GET OUT THIS IS MY TOWN

I know they aren't real, but I sort of feel the same way. Wish we can do more to interact with these NPCs outside of their jobs. It's not just Isabelle either - but like Digby, Able Sisters, and the others in mainstreet. Sending them gifts or whatnot, just something more... Isabelle says she has her own room or house somewhere.

Yeah, speaking of Digby... When it rains, it feels sort of sad just seeing him standing there in just a raincoat. We should at least be able to help him out like say build a shelter or house nearby for him.

I think they really jipped us on the dialogue in New Leaf. Every character especially the villagers just repeats the same 3-4 things over and over again like an automated machine.

Compare that to the first game where they actually had somewhat developed personalities and a wider range of things to say and different directions a conversation could go

Well, I am happiest with her when I am not at town hall. But I would be happy to fire her when I am trying to place PWPs. She drives me crazy. What do you mean there's no room here for a bridge? There's plenty of room!

I would prefer if it let the mayor have more of her responsibility actually, the mayor doesn't get much say from my view. I would like if the NPCs were a part of the town too not just jobs and I miss old Celeste and blathers. Wish was more backstory. I was told Isabelle was the one who was supposed to be mayor and put it on you, but she does it anyway...

Last edited:
I agree to feel bad for Isabelle.

Even though I hate how annoying she can be.

But her optimistic and can-do attitude is refreshing sometimes, despite her not being able to unpack entirely, her inability to do the things she wants to do, even that she wants to wear shoes but, uh. She kinda can't for character design as an animal. But I wish there was more with her, her backstory, Digby's backstory. In fact. EVERYONE's back story. In WW, there was more backstory. I didn't play CF, so I don't know how that is.

But still. I'm super sad about this. >: I liked learning about the characters and what made them tick.

And you know what else was disappointing?

Blather's no longer goes on tangents about fish, fossils, art, and insects.

It only gives you a description on completed donations. .-.

I wish you could encounter more NPCs like Isabelle just walking about and just talk to them or invite them to the cafe or shop with you . Maybe your could even visit them at home sometime. It would make the game feel more alive.

Pft and non event days she sits in her chair all day

I agree to feel bad for Isabelle.

Even though I hate how annoying she can be.

But her optimistic and can-do attitude is refreshing sometimes, despite her not being able to unpack entirely, her inability to do the things she wants to do, even that she wants to wear shoes but, uh. She kinda can't for character design as an animal. But I wish there was more with her, her backstory, Digby's backstory. In fact. EVERYONE's back story. In WW, there was more backstory. I didn't play CF, so I don't know how that is.

But still. I'm super sad about this. >: I liked learning about the characters and what made them tick.

And you know what else was disappointing?

Blather's no longer goes on tangents about fish, fossils, art, and insects.

It only gives you a description on completed donations. .-.

THIS. I was so upset when I found out that Blathers doesn't go on tangents anymore. And the whole backstory ordeal in WW was my favorite part of the game. Giving the characters legit personalities adds so much more realism to the experience of the game

I agree with you!

Honestly, I don't like it when people complain that she's terrible because she won't let you place a PWP so close to a villager's house or bridge. It's just how the game is; there's no need to hate Isabelle because of it.

Yes, it's just a gameplay mechanic.
Not like Isabelle is out to get you or anything haha
It does get a little irritating though because there will clearly appear to be enough room but (the game) will argue otherwise

Actually, if you say "You sound too busy", when you are starting the town develement permit, she will say: "Me busy?! I got a whole hour of sleep last night and I'm just raring to go!" I wonder though. BUt she does work 24/7.

Back