• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia TBT Mafia XV: The Siren's Call (Game Over/Mafia & Third Party Win!)

I try to post but people just ignore it and if they don't they accuse me lynching or killing me would beneficial to scum and that's not what I want.

I try to post but people just ignore it and if they don't they accuse me lynching or killing me would beneficial to scum and that's not what I want.

You have barely posted and haven't even said anything that impacts the game.

You have barely posted and haven't even said anything that impacts the game.

Cory
Cory we know of his ?role? now has he been confirmed or is it still him, natty and trundle all claiming the same thing? Is it possible for them all to be the same thing? Also, win condition I think I missed it, do they win if both town and mafia lose? Or can they win either if so, we need to end them. If not I say leave them, if town can still win with them alive then why waste kills on them? (I don?t really understand the Thief situation so please correct me)
Also, the spelling situation? I doubt Tina would spell anything incorrectly, so I don?t think that?s a thing if ever was.
ryan88
So I made my case on him, after reading how head strong everyone is about him being the Town Roleblocker I am going to agree and drop any suspicions I had one him. I dislike how quick he was to role claim hence why I was so eager to make my case and suspect him, I also didn?t like how he was quick on the mark with Karla, read your role pm?s, if it?s not stated what your action blocks, you can?t be too quick to jump the gun.

Minties

Minties has been very pro town, posting to help and making posts that state exactly why she votes people as well as actively taking part in discussion despite being at work (I understand this), I have town reads from her.
Alice
Not posting as much but its not out of character, she tends to post her thoughts on people not giving a **** really, but she actually posts sensible ideas and adds her thoughts into discussions. I don?t really have a read on her personally. But she?s contributing.
Dolby
I said this last time in my previous post, Dolby is.. Dolby. I will quote it again as I still feel the same.
Dolby
We expect nothing less than nothing with Dolby, the best inactive player in the game. Literally skates through the game by doing nothing, no one can get a read on them, because THEY DON'T DO ANYTHING. Where are you too?!
I don?t have a read on Dolby what so ever, this panics me, I will also be keeping an eye on him too. We?ll see I suppose.
Dad
Dad has been contributing yes, calling me out for ridiculous reasons, I replied accordingly. Now, I recall Dad being dead set on Oath2Order and made a big case on him, then night 1 he died, this I feel is a frame, this is not to be forgotten. His activity is giving me town vibes, actively posting and contributing his every thought. I applaud this. I feel he is town aligned.
Karen
I don?t know her play style anymore, I know she?s usually more active than she is currently BUT she has been replying to posts calling her out, and we all know there?s been a few. Now, whether or not anyone still suspects her is beyond me but she has been contributing more than some.
JellofishXD
I just don?t understand how someone can defend themselves so poorly when I?ve seen their name mentioned various times. Terrible posts and no more than 2 a day, I?d accept two or so posts a day if they were actually insightful. Jello?s of which are not. They do not take part in active discussions and have pitifully defended themselves when called out, I will be keeping a close eye on them from now on.
KarlaKGB
So I made my first poke at Karla, now this was because he wasn?t as active and as head strong as he usually is, now this had me on edge, now as I stated I was willing to wait till he came online. He came online and I had 2 debates with him, both of us sharing our own thoughts, this is why I feel he is town, I don?t have any doubt about it. He is my strongest town read. I am 100% convinced he is town.
Sataric
I have already said reads on him previously. The Feloreena death never sat right with me. He has been taking part in discussion but as already stated, waffling on and padding his posts out and making them go on and on. Stop fluff posting and get straight to the point. Quality over quantity, it?s distracting from the main point of finding scum.
Ashtot
Ashtot is another I feel is town aligned, he is active in discussions and will defend himself. When I called him and Cory out for their jumping votes without just cause, he fought back, not very well mind you but at least he didn?t over look it.
Tom
I had thought on him, but he has become much more active and talkative about his thoughts. I don?t have a read on him at all. Not being active for the past 2 days I?d say was the cause, whilst I was active he was not. From reading his posts, hes contributed and questioned accordingly. Asking for counter claims on Trundle, Cory and Natty. This was a good call, I implore anyone who is a Thief to come out about it, if anyone of them is scum, this could break their cover.
Trundle
He obviously Claimed Thief and there was a situation between all 3 claiming. Usually Trundle is much more vocal, I don?t know if something is occupying him or what but I could believe his Thief claim.
Cariad
Making no effort what so ever, she only will reply do the occasional post calling her out. No active effort in discussions, no active effort in anything, barely posting. I don?t like this, she gives a full blown scum vibe to me, unless she?s claimed and I?ve missed it? Please tell me.
I made a little post on them, I said I?d wait till I had an opinion on her, my opinion is she either puts some effort in and stop hiding away behind invisible so she can lurk the thread without detection.
Yui-Z
Yui, Yui is very slippery, good at being deceitful. I will refer to frozen mafia, she is easy to slip by. She has been acting very clueless but will actively take part in discussions to some degree. She?s brought up her own suspicions on Jeremy, but I don?t think it had any grounds. She gives me a bad vibe and I don?t get town vibes from her. I don?t know if it?s because I?m on edge with her and unwilling to trust her but still, I just won?t trust her without reason.
alise
I am getting scum vibes, point blank, godfather if I was to be exact. Oath2order death for one;
awww i wanted to be inspected :(

rip oath
Now, she said this, she wanted to be inspected? If she was town aligned why would she? That would be a huge waste of an inspection, no? She could be the Godfather if any then she could be ?cleared? of all suspicions and continue through the game, unscathed and untouchable as she?s ?confirmed? town. This doesn?t sit well with me at all.
She avoids peoples questions to her, then comes up with some lame excuse that she didn?t see it or something, I believe she?s done it, I recall seeing Jeremy talk about her in the previous game doing the same, I presumed she had done it in this game.
She made her little case with no grounds, and placed next to my name ?lauren [shes quiet, but this is more of a gut feeling, like with karen}? I?m sick, I felt it no one?s business to know, I did mention in IRC that I was bed ridden yesterday due to ill health when she was around, so this has no grounds. Don?t even say ?don?t be defensive? I will defend myself till I?m dead, especially when town aligned. If I am called out, I sure as hell won?t let it slide unless I feel necessary.
She stabs in the dark to claw to each strand of ?town? she has. I don?t like her play style and she?s prone to mistakes, I?m very sure if she is scum, she would have slipped up by now.
She states she will ?make a case? on people, Ashtot for example yet doesn?t.
Jeremy
Yes, he did fade away but for a day only, he will openly talk about his points. We have to forgive like many of us, he is busy throughout part of the day.
Natty
My reads on natty are simple, the same as Cory and Trundle, there?s not much else, she has spent the game defending her role of which she shares. Karen brought up a good point, I will quote below; I CANT ****ING FIND IT NOW, Basically Natty said something like ?The more people accuse me, the less I want to post? or something, I can?t remember now >.< but yeah, Karen said this gave her a bad feeling and I agree, you should continue to fight till the very end, especially if you?re not a threat to town.

Ok, so I feel sick now, ick! I?ve given my thoughts on everyone alive. I worked on this for a good hour or so, so please tell me if I am wrong at any point, feel free, I might have read stuff wrong but I thought I owed it to town to give my thoughts.

- - - Post Merge - - -

**** that didnt look too long when i previewed it... sorry!

You didn't post anything new and someone already mentioned that Dad missed the post when the Thieves said they were in a team or whatever.

I still think Yui-Z is scum.

Sorry! I know it was a sucky post. I'll be honest, I skimmed through the last few pages. I didn't see the part where someone already mentioned the part that Dad missed. I've not been feeling well at all recently.

I would've taken some time out today to try and make a decent contribution, but really I don't have the strength to. If I knew I was going to be like this, then I wouldn't have signed up in the first place. I'll try and make more of an effort tomorrow once I've finished my assignments, regardless of how I'm feeling.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I also feel guilty because if Lauren can still make an effort with food poisoning, then I should be able to aswell. Eh. :S

DAq11rY.gif

thesirenscall_daythree_zps9db08d69.png

The death of the cabin boy, James, had shaken the crew. Most had said not a peep since the incident and had carried on about their business as usual. No one wanted to acknowledge that the illness plaguing them could be fatal.

Kidd sits on a barrel at the bow of the ship, a goblet of rum in his hand, staring out to sea. His chest physically aches, the guilt ebbing away at his heart. He hadn’t meant for his concoction to kill anyone. The ship’s surgeon had reassured him that James had other health complications, but Kidd knew it was nothing but empty words. A life was a life, and the burden for James’ death rested on his shoulders.

He sips at his drink. The sea is calm tonight, despite the endless fog that still persists to surround them. In times of need, the North Star is meant to lead the way. But how can the crew find the answer if the stars are hidden from view? For all they knew The Bellarbor could be completely off course by now.

“Hey, William,” a voice calls.

Kidd looks back over his shoulder. One of the crew members, Justin, stands with a blanket draped around his shoulders. He pulls up a barrel beside Kidd.

“Gonna share?” Justin asks.

“Maybe when you’re older,” Kidd says.

Justin rolls his eyes. After a moment, Kidd gives in and passes him the goblet. He watches the teenager drink. Some days, he feels like a brother to Justin. Other days he feels like his father. If it weren’t for Kidd, the boy wouldn’t even be on this ship. Heck, he might not even be alive.

“Can I ask you something weird?” Justin waits for a nod before continuing. “Have you ever heard of the siren’s call?”

Kidd’s laughter is forced. “Are you drunk on just a sip of rum, lad?”

“I’m serious.” Justin looks down into the cup as he speaks. “According to legend, the sirens sing this glorious song that hypnotises sailors, leading them to crash their ships.”

The former captain thinks back to the night he saw Kayla being stolen away by that glowing, androgynous creature. Was that a siren? He closes his eyes and tries to remember what it was he heard that night. Was it the siren, or was it just the sound of the performers on this ship?

Then he can hear it. That beautiful voice calls out to him, luring him into a daydream. The air turns cold around him. He opens his eyes, and beyond the ship he can see a glow. A face stares at him, extending a hand as they sing in an unknown language. He moves to stand, but then Justin move first.

“Justin?” Kidd says.

But Justin doesn’t stop walking. He reaches out his hand, and in a blink he’s gone from view. Kidd stands, running to the edge of the ship and looking overboard. There’s a distant glow below the surface of the water, that then fades into nothingness.

(1) Dad aka. Justin the Ship’s Numpty (Vanilla Townie) was lured by the sirens:

No one really knows why you’re on this ship. For one, you’re utterly useless. Rumour has it you’re an old work partner of William Kidd’s, but no one understands why you weren’t sacked when ownership of the Bellarbor changed hands to the current Captain. Apparently you’re here for the long haul, so grab a mop and make yourself useful before the crew throw you overboard for “inactivity”.

You have no special abilities. Your voice and your vote are you strongest weapons. With nothing to hide, you should be leading this search.

Win Condition: Successfully eliminate all of the anti-town killing roles.

You have 48 hours to decide which of you will walk the plank.

Day 3 will end 11pm BST (6pm EDT) on Wednesday 3rd September.

Last edited:
well **** on a stick! RIP dad, we are going to have to work harder now to fill his void! :*(

Is there even a vig/active vig? Or maybe they just disapproved of the whole thing. -.-

Rip Dad. This can mean one of two things: Dad was completely on the right track with his suspicions OR they killed Dad to frame some people.

I have a super strong suspicion on Dolby and Cariad and I will try to make a longer post later explaining why. I will be voting for one of them today.

ugh, are you serious? I wasn't a huge fan of dad, but he was a pretty big contributor.

Day 2 Action Plan

Dad's Death:
This, to me, was almost as confusing as oath's death N1. Dad pretty much claimed in the thread that he was a townie:

20 players alive. 3 thief claims that I believe (Natty, Cory, Trundle). 1 Town Roleblocker claim that I believe (Ryan88). 1 townie that I'm 100% sure about (myself).

Maybe they thought Dad was blue claiming townie OR maybe they believe blue roles are not a huge threat, otherwise they surely would have killed someone like Ryan88 by now (which I will get to later). Something about Dad must have made them kill him. But why?

Possibility 1:
Dad was right on track with all his suspicions and due to this they found him a threat. Here is the last part of his long post:

I probably shouldn't have promised a grand amount of postage because I'm starting to get a really crappy headache but maybe tomorrow I'll be feeling better. I definitely want to make posts on Alice, Jeremy, Ashtot, Lauren, and JellofishXD. The prime suspects in the remaining players I haven't talked about yet. The others being Yui-Z, Dolby, Tom (ugh odd vibes from him too), alise, and anyone I'm forgetting about.

Notice the the last part where he includes Dolby as a minor suspicion and later this escalates into a major suspicion that he voted for Dolby yesterday before switching to Crystal. This is where my suspicion on Dolby comes in.

-----

Possibility 2:
Due to the large amount of people Dad called out, mafia killed him to cast suspicion on many people. Perhaps he was wrong with all his suspicions.

As for voting, I'm probably going to do it last minute and I'm doing that because of what town votes. I honestly don't want Cariad to be lynched (Candlemaker is odd, but I have a theory about what blue role it could be) and I think that town is wrong about her so I might vote for Crystal in hopes that somebody else will, even though I'd prefer voting for somebody like Dolby or alise. Not much time left.

Cariad

Cariad is the one I don't want to risk lynching right now because of what Sataric pointed out. I got softclaim vibes from that too, and tbh I think anybody would. Which isn't good for her either way because people already seem to want to lynch her and that could just be her means of trying not to get lynched but at the same time that's how she can say 'hey guys I'm actually claiming to be a useful blue role so don't lynch be and doc protect me because mafia will go after me'. But then I feel like this is what could be going on. I find it peculiar that she gave a response to everything in minties' post against her except the part where she criticized her for the reaction she had to me saying I was reaction testing. And that seemed like a slip but then again it could have been an honest mistake. I'm against lynching her right now but I want to get not wanting to lynch her out of the way.

Notice how he keeps asserting that Cariad is probably town. This is where my other suspicion on Cariad comes in.

-----

Main Suspects:

Dolby
Summary: He was called out by several users Day 2 including Karla and Jer (several others but slightly on a time crunch now to go back and look).

I started feeling something weird about him when he jumped at the opportunity for the vig to shoot one of the thieves: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?216580-TBT-Mafia-XV-The-Siren-s-Call-DAY-THREE&p=3736522&viewfull=1#post3736522

Karla's plan made sense and I get that most people would agree to it. But so quickly after the post? I doubt he had enough time to actually think about it, the consequences and the benefits of it. He probably read "VIG KILL THIEF" and naturally, as scum, agreed to it straight away.

Karla also bought up some good points before: http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?216580-TBT-Mafia-XV-The-Siren-s-Call-DAY-THREE&p=3733118#post3733118

If we lynch Dolby and he flips red it probably means that Dad was on the right track with his suspicions.

-----

Cariad
Summary: Called out several times by many different people. Nearly got lynched Day 2.

IMO we should have lynched Cariad instead of Crystal yesterday. At least Crystal posted and tried to contribute. Cariad has just been throwing out excuse after excuse for not posting. She also claimed blue. So why hasn't mafia killed her yet? She did this weird copy-quote-replies-in-bold thing so I have to just put links:

http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?216580-TBT-Mafia-XV-The-Siren-s-Call-DAY-THREE&p=3725743#post3725743
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?216580-TBT-Mafia-XV-The-Siren-s-Call-DAY-THREE&p=3735352#post3735352

If we kill Cariad and she flips red it probably means that Dad was not right about his suspicions, and we could conclude mafia killed him to frame different people.

-----

I think by killing either one of them we can find out why mafia killed Dad.

-----

Quick Minor Suspicions:
Ryan88: why isn't he dead yet if he's blue?
JellofishXD: where are you?

-----

Tomorrow, I have school again so probably back to not so long posts. I haven't decided who I'm going to vote for. I have a gut feeling Cariad might be the better choice because Dolby is good if he's a blue role and dangerous when he's scum (so high risk for us and honestly we're not in a good situation right now, we need all the good town players), but there's some evidence stacked up against him so I'm not too sure. I might have to check past games when I have time to make my decision.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I see you guys viewing the thread...thoughts anyone?

I also did name the urls but for some reason it didn't work.

Firstly, **** you guys and your names.

Tom - clearly you have had your head up your ass during the past few games you have played with me and can't remember how to read. That is not my playstyle any longer. It hasn't been since SP's Tribal Attack Mafia (MM VI), which was my last played game before I left. I spend significantly less time on TBT and on the IRC, so the anger just isn't there and I RARELY get in in-game arguments. You're doing exactly what we did to Karla in the beginning of the game, that he was scum because he no longer made large posts. I do find it interesting that you and Jeremy (two people I find exhibiting actual scum behavior) are the two that agree on it.

Admittedly, Jellofish WAS an inactive, but you can't really say Crystal and Cariad were as well. JellofishXD has proven to be scum when all they do is complain about timezones and post once a day. THAT was my reasoning for including them. I looked at past games and actually attempted to provide solid reasoning unlike the rest of your "gut feelings". My suspicion on Cariad was the jump from green to blue and her reaction to Dad's posts. If you want to go ahead and pretend that I am the only one that found Crystal's behavior questionable, be my guest. I would like to direct your attention to the SEVEN other people that voted for her, yourself included (oh hey look and Jeremy too!)

Honestly, I find it incredibly hypocritical that YOU of all people are accusing me of falling off of the radar. We could barely get you to post and all you were doing was ****posting when you did. I have been trying (You can't actually say the same), you lose the drive to when a lot of town doesn't even read your posts. Now you're not going to try because the rest of town sucks, oh but wait clearly someone that's trying must be scum? Give me a damn break.

Overly aggressive? Clearly you don't remember the me from 3 months ago. I'm irked by you acting like a little baby because you lost a game. I'm irked at Ryan claiming after we told him not to, which just narrows down blues for mafia. I AM aggressive in mafia because I want to win. Welcome to playing a game.
Bird Mafia says hello. B)

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's funny. Tsundere outed me in the thread, I raged and then they PM'd me in the irc with a "join us or we kill you attitude". That pissed me off, so I spent the next few hours essentially finding out who town was by asking about masks. (I asked if I should kill Jer and Tsundere quickly said no without a reason, so that's how I deduced that Jer was scum and they told me Tina was).

They told me I could kill SP after lynching elise, so I knew SP wasn't mafia. I PM'd SP immediately and told him everything in PM and this mother ****er laughs and says they're working with scum because himand Lauren are lovers. I then told VD everythin because I was hoping to find one trustworthy person.

SP only joined town because Tsundere outed that he was a lover in irc by accident otherwise he would have killed me and helped mafia. Glad we all won, but SP you're a ****lord.
Majora's Mafia says hi.

Back