Guide of suggested median prices for collectibles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you are listening Justin, it's time to bend your ear.......this particular thread has been running over a year, some people find it a help in pricing but others dislike it when it lists collectibles they would like outside their price bracket.

It has been pointed out numerous times that the guide is NOT official nor will ever be any more than the unofficial trading price of TBT for real money which is most certainly going on quite openly.

Like the thread or loathe it, unless you decide to ban it, it would seem the thread is here to stay, trying to ignore it does not solve any problems. I have written to Jeremy and Jas0n, but they were too busy obviously with their real lives to find time or the inclination to reply.

Well, I think the problem is hoarders of the same item (or with different items) taking this too seriously making it legit to sell e.g fair feather for unreasonable prices. Obviously if someone has 8 white feather they think 35k is legit cause hey I can make money if I want.

I agree with the real world thing, though. It's too easily taken on like eshop cards(which requires real money to buy) steam games(unless they were free copies) and such.

Well, I think the problem is hoarders of the same item (or with different items) taking this too seriously making it legit to sell e.g fair feather for unreasonable prices. Obviously if someone has 8 white feather they think 35k is legit cause hey I can make money if I want.

I agree with the real world thing, though. It's too easily taken on like eshop cards(which requires real money to buy) steam games(unless they were free copies) and such.

Well, I do have 8 white feathers that have taken time, effort and money and have been collected over two fairs. I am not looking to make money from them because the bottom line is I will never sell them so it is quite immaterial to me how much other people think they are worth, whether TBT, game codes or real money

I know, and not looking to buy one at the spot anyways. Thing is it was just an example (and not personal) why some people may think this guide is 100 % the law of the forums.

Well, if you are listening Justin, it's time to bend your ear.......this particular thread has been running over a year, some people find it a help in pricing but others dislike it when it lists collectibles they would like outside their price bracket. Prior to this thread, people were running around like headless chickens and there was a lot of ill will when someone sold an item cheaply to then find it being passed on at three times what they had been paid. This guide was not setting prices in stone but was a starting point for negotiation and judging by the number of views has been a great success.

It has been pointed out numerous times that the guide is NOT official nor will ever be any more than the unofficial trading price of TBT for real money which is most certainly going on quite openly.

I understood bumping was acceptable if kept to over a two hour minimum, Lassy Guide was bumped a few times daily at most, but suddenly without warning Sholee gets slapped with an infraction for spamming. So now if we are no longer able to bump this thread, we add remarks, some helpful, some useless but it does the same job of keeping the thread to the fore.

Some might well think that the sensible solution would be to make the thread a sticky....arh! I hear you cry but it is not an official thread... would not a disclaimer in foot high letters in the OP solve that point?

Like the thread or loathe it, unless you decide to ban it, it would seem the thread is here to stay, trying to ignore it does not solve any problems. I have written to Jeremy and Jas0n, but they were too busy obviously with their real lives to find time or the inclination to reply.

I'm quite pleased with how the thread is going at the moment actually, I have come in here to post a few times recently.

I'd only like to point out that this statement is incorrect: "but suddenly without warning Sholee gets slapped with an infraction for spamming." She received the warning for her post after Jason posted in here asking that the endless "bump"s end. Naturally if a moderator posts to tell you to stop something and you blatantly ignore it to proceed to do exactly what you were told to stop, then you'll get a warning.

Maybe the mods are all quiet because there is a new Direct coming? Or maybe the Easter event, however big or small? :)

I'm quite pleased with how the thread is going at the moment actually, I have come in here to post a few times recently.

I'd only like to point out that this statement is incorrect: "but suddenly without warning Sholee gets slapped with an infraction for spamming." She received the warning for her post after Jason posted in here asking that the endless "bump"s end. Naturally if a moderator posts to tell you to stop something and you blatantly ignore it to proceed to do exactly what you were told to stop, then you'll get a warning.

I apologise and stand corrected, but it still doesn't answer my question of why a sticky is not preferable to hundreds pages of bumps and inconsequential remarks now being used instead of the blacklisted "bump".

Here is my inconsequential remark...my keychain fell apart. Should I get happy Unikitty or Angry Kitty keychain from the Lego Movie? It's like picking the July Ruby red collectible or the Tourmaline pink October birthstone collectible..

Here is my inconsequential remark...my keychain fell apart. Should I get happy Unikitty or Angry Kitty keychain from the Lego Movie? It's like picking the July Ruby red collectible or the Tourmaline pink October birthstone collectible..

Hmmmm ... ??? What to choose!? Lol ... Sorry ... Just had to post this! :rolleyes:
UNIKITTY KEYCHAIN?
1z85nb.jpg

OR...
ANGRYKITTY KEYCHAIN?
2whftdf.jpg

Thank you! Angry Kitty won. I have a thing for Lego and my Squidward Lego keychain is no more. Inconsequential bump. Squidward is green like August birthstone's peridot collectible

Thank you! Angry Kitty won. I have a thing for Lego and my Squidward Lego keychain is no more. Inconsequential bump. Squidward is green like August birthstone's peridot collectible
Well, of course, AngryKitty has to be the winner!
And as to choosing which Birthstone Collectible ... Any avid Completionistic Collector knows the answer ... One must have BOTH ... And for that matter ... ALL!!! :rolleyes:

Now that I actually see the keychains, I'm more taken with Angry Kitty then ever before.

Do you guys think the Easter "event" will be an all weekend consuming thing again? Or just a release of one collectible or something like that? I'm curious for any thoughts.

Now that I actually see the keychains, I'm more taken with Angry Kitty then ever before.

Do you guys think the Easter "event" will be an all weekend consuming thing again? Or just a release of one collectible or something like that? I'm curious for any thoughts.

Well if they bring eggs, I hope they at least bring back the Togepi egg ;w;

The Easter event last year took a ton of work ( which I think was mostly done by Jeremy. I could be wrong..) I think the event this year will be considerably smaller...I don't expect new eggs simply because the apple hasn't been released yet

Inconsequential remark..my relative informed me that global warming was caused by Aliens. I am so relieved because I thought we had caused it. Now excuse me while I go burn some fossil fuels...

I agree with those who said it'll be a smaller event. Probably no new eggs but the release of the apple.

I agree with those who said it'll be a smaller event. Probably no new eggs but the release of the apple.

Yes. I think the same, and if there is an Easter event, the same collectibles will surely be recycled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back