Guide of suggested median prices for collectibles

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason why that other thread was stickied: It's just on how to price them right, it's like a hot trend theead. But this thread has unofficial prices. Would you require all grocery stores to price their meat at the same price? This is what this thread is kinda like. It's about how much people would buy for, but it's not the price requiring for all collectibles of the same kind.

Both threads have unofficial pricing -_-

I never really viewed this thread as a discussion thread, i'm pretty sure most people don't read past the first post when they come here. What is there to talk about besides

"oh peach is 4K today"

"peach is down to 1k now"

Does that really bring "quality" to the forums? We all know how the economy works and yes prices indeed fluctuate, so the mods/admins would rather prefer pages of what I posted above? I always thought that any discussions about collectibles would go to the stickied thread Justin created. Anyways, i'm not going to keep beating a dead horse, I'll follow the rules and stop bumping the thread.

On another note, I guess i can't bump this thread either?
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showt...ol-Proof-Guide-to-Moving-Villagers-OUT/page13

Last edited:
I've never seen this as a discussion thread either.

I usually just view the first post and/or bump the thread if it's been hours since the last bump.

So now, instead of just saying "bump", we are going to need to add a comment of some description to bring this thread back to the front, to avoid getting disciplined. It has crossed my mind that surely the staff have far better things to do than spend their time policing this rather unthreatening thread that has been in existence for over a year and only now seems to be causing some concern.

Wow...
Who knew after almost a year of existence, the bumpings of this thread would be not accepted.
I just don't understand.
Why mention it now?
Is it because the staff thought the thread would die on its own, so they didn't need to mention the "problem"?

Anyway, this thread was never meant to "host" discussions, it can sometimes if ever someone sees a price changing, or discuss about those fluctuations, but it was never the main purpose. The main purpose is just for members to be able to view those suggestions, so they usually only look at the 1st page, and that's it.

I mentioned it now because I noticed how bad the bumping was getting. We can't be everywhere at all times, and have lives outside of the forums. Just because it's been one way for a certain period of time doesn't mean it should always remain that way.

Whether you think the thread was meant for discussion or not is kind of a moot point. This is a forum, and the idea behind posts is to encourage discussion and create interesting content for users to read. There's plenty of potential for discussion in this thread and there's no reason why interesting content should be restricted to the original post.

As for mentions of other threads that also break these post quality rules. Yes, there are other threads. We have an uncountable number of new posts and threads every day. As mentioned, we cannot be everywhere and yes, we could probably do a better job of moderating it. I simply moderated this one because it was readily visible and probably one of the worst cases of the situation.

I realise you feel attacked, but as mentioned previously it is not a personal attack, nor is it a waste of resources to "police" the thread. Our prime goal as moderators is to create the website an enjoyable, engaging webspace for users to read. Endless pages of bumps quite simply is not.

I'd like the discussion to move away from the situation and back onto the main topic of the thread now. If you any further issues you're welcome to PM myself or another member of staff.

Welp, the peaches are at the right price range now. Ever since I auctioned my peach, the demand started to go up.

this thread is very...interesting

Last edited:
I'm curious to see what the price of peach will be after a bell direct :]
prob back around 1.5k?

Last edited:
Welp, the peaches are at the right price range now. Ever since I auctioned my peach, the demand started to go up.

Your peach was special which was one reason for the sudden spike in price. What it is listed at now is maybe a little low but in a few days the fuzz craze will mostly decline.

It's going back to 1.1 - 1.3 -1.5. I definitely don't see this lasting long.

Last edited:
i'm seeing more people trying to selling peaches now but not many people are biting

i'm seeing more people trying to selling peaches now but not many people are biting

yeah i've noticed this too..the demand seems to be going down already and those who just noticed or were contemplating are trying to sell theirs for the same price

me tho
figured that since I'd already sold one for 6,000 it'd do me no harm to sell another u v u

good lucks! 6k is definitely an amazing price!
I'd prob sell mine if i weren't so attached to them

Last edited:
The peach is a bit like the Yoshi egg when that shot ahead of the Togepi in price because a few people wanted them and were willing to pay double the then going rate. The prices are purely dictated by demand for an item, which is where this guide comes in handy as it is gives members at least an idea of where to start, but proves that no price is set in stone.

I think 6 k by peach is a lot and excessive, on the other hand, I think his range should remain 1.3-1.5 c:

Well, Lassy doesn't dictate the prices, she waits to see what the collectibles are selling for and then amends her guide accordingly. Maybe the peach price will settle back down but I have since seen an offer of 4k to buy one so maybe there is an upward price trend on that item, it will all depend on how fashionable it is to own peaches and what people are willing to pay.

I think 6 k by peach is a lot and excessive, on the other hand, I think his range should remain 1.3-1.5 c:

yeah, I think the person was just desperate, it's just one case scenario, that's why I lowered it to 4k, but let's wait and see. I feel like it's more along the ranges of 2 k BTB since it's been quite a long time we didn't have any restock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back