What Are You Happy About Today?

I played Cozy Grove again today! I got my dowsing rod upgraded, lit up the island some more, and made some decent progress! Trying to save up for a storage upgrade again too because it’s super full of quest items that bears aren’t ready to receive yet pls just ask for them already I beg

My mom and I watched Markiplier’s new That’s Not My Neighbor video, and I’m hoping there’ll be another! ...No clue why he’s recording from a bathtub though. My family and I also watched another episode of GoodTimesWithScar’s Hermitcraft series, and as of right now we’re just one episode away from being fully caught up with his!!

Started working on a base to use for outfit designing on a couple of my characters (I did already make one for Merielle, but... I changed my coloring style a lil and now I want a new one adjhfsdjlfsks)! Hoping this will help me get some outfit refs that I've been putting off done in time for Art Fight aaaa

I’m super excited for the TBTWC tomorrow!! ;w; I can’t wait to see who my teammates will be this time! Also eager to work on a new aesthetic as soon as team colors/themes are decided eeeee

📝 I was able to complete my mom's and my brother's lease paperwork in a single meeting with their rental office this morning. They wanted me to come back next week to do my brother's so I asked if it was ready could we just do it now and they said yes. That worked out nicely.

🐈‍⬛ I had a nice time talking to my mom and my aunt while I was over there. I got to see my mom's cat, plus a few of the feral cats that she cares for.

👩‍💻 I had a decent afternoon at work. My teammate really stepped up and handled things while I was out the past two days, so I spent my time catching up on emails and prepping some work for next week. I logged off on time this evening.

👾 The TBT World Championship event starts this weekend! I'm excited to be a part of it from the staff side this time. Hope to see you there!

@Shellzilla_515 & @xSuperMario64x I am so happy for you both!!! It really warmed my heart to read both of your posts. I'm so happy that you found the love and support you needed in each other. Happy Anniversary and I wish you many more! 🎉

I'm just very ecstatic that the Dallas STARS! defeated the Colorado Avalanche in double overtime 2-1!!! I kept chanting "Stars will win!" out loud because I actually believed it. It's the same feeling I had when I willed the Texas Rangers to their World Series championship last year. It's the power of belief, and believing that there's no way they possibly could have lost. Next, the Stars will be facing either the Canucks or Oilers in the NHL Western Conference Finals! 😤

I just had the fourth all nighter in two weeks and when I walked into Starbucks the baristas were telling each other that I looked really tired and they gave me a free pastry along with the chocolate chip cookie and cold brew I ordered. It really made my morning.

I just got my switch lite back and it is charging again 🥳. I’m in the process of transferring everything. I’m so glad that’s over and done with.

I just ordered my second copy of New Horizons and it should be here in time for my birthday :D. Hopefully then I can get my additional residents transferred over. Does anyone know if I enter my game on my new switch even though my three other residents haven’t been transferred yet, if that will mess up my save file? I read the faqs on nintendo that said in game you have them move to new island on the title screen.

Spanky just sat on my lap for a few minutes 🥰; she rarely sits on my lap.

This morning, Jewels was being cute when she wanted attention by tapping me on the shoulder. She does this all the time ☺️.

A888ABCD-CB0D-4526-923F-AF0D0CC2CA39.jpeg

I got an email last night from the artist that I pre-ordered a plushie from and mine just got shipped!

That’s it for now 🙂.

- we finally got some rain over night and my sunflower plant is looking much happier

- the only thing left to do in stardew valley is get the gold clock on my farm and then I'll have 100% completion. Every other time I've played I've lost interest before completely finishing the game

- me and my partner have been doing some shopping trying to find something nice to wear to their college ceremony. My partner has found their full outfit but I'm still looking. I did get a couple new shirts for summer though

Joined a (casual) splatoon tournament for the first time and our team won!! ;w; It was a blind draft tourney so essentially team leaders got to choose their teammates solely based on rank and weapons; names were hidden to prevent bias. It was funny too because I was so scared no one would want me, but one of the team leaders told me "omg another leader snatched you before I could" huhu what a compliment 😭 Have to admit everyone was super good!! I was mainly just a sub for the team since we were 5 members, but I played a good amount and learned a lot!! Definitely have ways to go in terms of improving and learning since I got beaten and splatted a LOT, but I'm pretty happy that I got to help my team one way or another ;w; super duper happy! also slowly overcoming my call anxiety, I used to hate having calls with anyone that wasnt my bf or parents but I'm slowly getting the hang of it. 💪

TEAM GAY ON TOP!! 🗣🏳️‍🌈 love wins every time!! my sapphic heart is happy lol 💕💕
1000013310.jpg

1000013302.jpg

look at our rainbow outfits!! I'm the nautilus player on the left <3

Also!! I've been pretty sick the whole day, had really bad stomach cramps after drinking half a cup of coffee the other day and I could barely walk, eat, or sleep because of the pain 😭 I took the day off from work and now I'm feeling better and more well rested 💕

Was too tired to post last night, but I'll recap yesterday and today. :)

May 17, 2024
  • I created another piece in Inkscape and eventually finished it during my commute to and from college.
  • I bought the oil filter I need to change engine oil for my father's car. Ended up heading to the dealership parts department instead since I was still feeling a bit skeptical buying from other brands after doing further research. OEM parts are a safe bet and I'd rather spend a bit more than cheap out and potentially causing costly damages due to a poor oil filter.
  • I did a bit of cleaning inside my father's car. Feels nice to see the cleanliness showing once again.
  • Completed an assignment for one of my college classes.

May 24, 2024
  • Work was tiring, but I learned something new in the process doing a big job with my coworkers heavily assisting me and double checking my work. Feels great, though! 🔧
  • I finally got around to changing the engine oil on my father's car at work! It hits differently doing it on the car that I drive on the roads, on top of the fact that I used my own oil and filter that I bought with my own money. Thank goodness that one jug of oil was just enough to reach the max line on the oil dipstick! I'm sure the car will thank me now hehehehe. Unsurprisingly, I did play a couple of Gran Turismo soundtracks while doing the work. :LOL:
Take A Break - Isamu Ohira

Don't Kick Yourself - Isamu Ohira
This plays in the area of these games where you can get your car washed and of course, do oil changes! Which can apparently increase the horsepower of your car ingame ever so slightly.
  • TBTWC has finally started! Unfortunately, the majority of the sessions posted are outside my window of availability, but I'm still looking forward to the next few days with some spectating in between. Feeling a bit gutted that I'm not in the same team with @/Midoriya, @/xSuperMario64x, and @/Roxxy, but I did see a couple of familiar Poliwag besties (I'm looking at you, @/Xara and @/S.J. lol). 💙🐸
  • I appreciate the support that some of you guys gave to Bug and I. The TBT community is so wonderful. 💓

@Midoriya THOSE MAVS!!! 🏀🔥🏀 WHAT A FINAL QUARTER!!! WE WON THE SERIES!!!

YESSSS, I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST HERE! THE DALLAS STARS AND DALLAS MAVERICKS ARE BOTH GOING TO BE IN THE WESTERN CONFERENCE FINALS FOR HOCKEY AND BASKETBALL!!! 🤩 🏀 🏒 🔥 🔥 🔥

EDIT: Also played Demon Slayer Sweep The Board with @/Mimi Cheems and another offsite friend, and it was lots of fun! I also used the pool for the first time this year and got to sleep in as well! :3

b4XU2Si.jpg

aTsBwsf.jpg

I got enough fresh water to buy the chest from the spring festival in Cozy Grove and ohh my god it is already a total game changer. No more back-and-forth trips across the island to get specific vegetables for hungry imps ;w; I still want to expand my home/storage for space for more cats, but it feels a lot less urgent now that I have forty more inventory slots that I can take with me everywhere!!

I worked some more on drawing the base I’ll be using for some of my characters’ outfits! Might’ve gotten a little carried away and done a few alt expressions just for fun, ehehe

The TBTWC started this evening!! I’ve planned out my schedule as much as I can for now and spent the last three hours or so trying to Poke Radar chain for a shiny Marill in Platinum—no luck so far (the highest chain I ever got up to was 25 lmao), but Rat snoozed in my lap the entire time, so he was good company.

Also watched some Youtube with my family while shiny hunting, including SmallishBeans’ new Hermitcraft episode! We saw an episode of Hunter x Hunter this morning too c:

I has a good day today. It was the weekend so I got to sleep in. I watched a movie with my husband and the TBTWC started. I'm excited to be a team captain and very happy to see some familiar faces on my team!

I also had several animal related happies. I saw Liam, the groundhog, in my backyard. I saw a bunch of neighborhood dogs on our walks. Plus, a very sweet cat approached us and wanted pets. And on our last walk of the night, I noticed a tiny bird tucked in the corner of our porch awning to sleep.

So I was pretty diligent with my Delta Bucks (lol) and was planning on saving it for a rainy day, but, uh... It expires in 3 MONTHS?!? so I had to use it quick otherwise I may forget.

I ended up buying my friend their grad present, bought a preorder of paper mario TTYD (COMES OUT ON THURSDAY ASHDKWHDKEKD) and then also bought a whole dang Lolita coord, custom made. I'm also still basking in the happiness of being able to see my best friend for their graduation. That was such a fun trip.

Finally, my boyfriend has improved... SO MUCH. It's like he's a whole new person. Well, kinda. He's still goofy, silly and lovey, but he's much more energetic and happier. We cleaned our whole room, he's been spending time with his friends, he's been going to all his doctors appointments on his own AND!!! He started a new job that he LOVES. He's EXCITED to go to work now, because he works in a library with AMAZING COWORKERS. I've never been more proud and happy for him.

Life gave me a horrible time last month and now things are looking up again, so I'm happy!!!

• I woke up feeling very motivated so I cleaned my apartment which I’m happy about because it’s been kind of a mess and it’s been bothering me. Anyway, I’m wanting to eventually get more decor items specifically wall art like prints of my favorite anime shows :) I think that would make my place look even better. Plus I need to replace my furniture at some point with some better stuff. But that will be way down the road. Cause it’s expensive lol I also caught up on my laundry. It always feels better having everything clean and organized.
  • My sister is visiting me today, that will be nice. She’s gonna bring some takeout, I’m looking forward to it.
  • The volunteer coordinator at the cat rescue texted me today asking if I could come in tomorrow to cover another volunteers shift and I said yes so I get to see and spend time with a bunch of kitties tomorrow 😺❤️
  • I’ve been drawing everyday! Even if I’m not great at it at least drawing helps my anxiety 🙂
  • I’ve been watching this really good anime called After School Dice Club
  • Get to spend time with my boyfriend today! We’re gonna watch Naruto and play the yugioh TCG and maybe a game of chess too :)
  • I’m getting a little better at grounding myself when I start feeling dissociated from anxiety or stress. So like the other day I was feeling like that so I made myself sit down and color in my adult coloring book so I could snap myself out of it. It helped a lot.
  • The med changes my psychiatrist made to help with the manic symptoms are starting to help a lot. I feel like an out of control rollercoaster that had the breaks put on it. So I’m a lot calmer and less irritable, less impulsiveness. Mood isn’t too “up” like it was. Just feels level right now. 🙂

Not very eventful so far, but...

I was complimented at work today for my cleaning! I came in four hours before we opened and scrubbed every inch of that floor. It was a productive day!
I played Mario Kart afterwards. I did a few races! It was a nice relief from all the cleaning.
I had Panda Express today and my fortune brought me joy. Seriously.
IMG_5552.jpeg

Today's been another great day! 😁

- The Texas Rangers, Dallas Mavericks, and Dallas Stars all won yesterday for the first trifecta in awhile (technically the Stars was Friday, but let's not split hairs here, lol)! 🥳

- I continued playing Demon Slayer Sweep The Board and finished maxing out the raffle shops, and have the final version of my player card now! It's themed around Nezuko, and looks really nice imo. I was able to get the title by guessing correctly in the Nezuko box minigame all three times! 🎮

- I saw a gecko earlier on the side of our house and took a picture. I didn't know the Geico gecko was here. :LOL:

- Got a much needed haircut today, and my hair is looking really nice now. ✂️

- I had a ton of fun playing Smash friendlies with other TBTers this morning! 🎉

- Can't wait to watch the newest episode of Demon Slayer that came out today. 📺

- Always thankful for my family and friends. 💜

PRyKJlY.jpg

4LEBEkI.jpg

gone already

Last edited:
Back