• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What Are You Happy About Today?

- Finally did some work on my dissertation, realised I only actually have 5000 words left to write, and feel a bit better about the whole thing tbh 😅 I found out that the total word count includes footnotes which makes things so much easier for me as someone who references A LOT. Hoping to do more work tonight!

- I have finished all my essays for this semester now! Might do a little bit of editing for some of them but they are done.

- A lovely sunny sunday after a gloomy saturday (y)

- Yesterday at work was just super hard work bc we were understaffed. Glad I'm not in next saturday (or the saturday after that either lol).

• I have a violin lesson today. Super excited because they always put me in a good mood 🙂 🎻
  • I slept really well
  • It’s raining! Love rainstorms , they make me feel cozy :D
  • I started journaling more frequently , hoping it helps me
  • Got new litterboxes for Mocha and Mustachio
  • Listening to some good music. Right now I’m listening to 2Cellos cover of the Game of Thrones theme song and am enjoying some coffee with it
  • I feel pretty good today which is nice cause I was really depressed for awhile
  • I got a hat, just a plain pink baseball hat. I love wearing hats it makes me feel more comfortable for some reason. I haven’t had one in a few years and I miss wearing them so I got myself one and am super happy about it.
  • I’m excited to make some positive changes in my life :)

Attachments

• IMG_3917.jpeg
    IMG_3917.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 11
Already posted about being sick in the What’s Bothering You Today thread, but I’m not letting it get to me, so happier news instead! I decided to play ACNH again and start up a forever island and I believe I found the map that I’m most satisfied with. It’s an island that I don’t have to terraform very much with, which is how I prefer it. Blue airport, peaches, and mums as my starting flower! I’m excited to play again, as I’ve been itching to for awhile now. 😊

My parents and I watched the new One Piece episode this morning, along with a couple more episodes of Haikyu and another episode of Hunter x Hunter!! We’re also getting close to being caught up with GoodTimesWithScar’s Hermitcraft series; only a few more episodes to go!

I played through more of the Spring Festival event in Cozy Grove! I’ve got two ducklings now (and a third that should hatch tomorrow!), and also caught some more new fish and a few legendary bugs!

Received some lovely art from Yanrima~ and MrBox!! ;v;

Spent some time drawing today!

Today I’m happy because I was able to max Neuvillette’s elemental burst in Genshin today. 🥳 Once I max his skill, he’ll be my first triple crowned character :D; Raiden or Xianyun should’ve been my first but I procrastinated a bit 😅. I was more focused on getting their artifacts with the right stats (which I still don’t have or ones that I’m completely happy with 😅).

I went to harv’s studio in ACNH to put something together and it was fun using the studio again. I used to use it to make fun photo shoots of outfits I put together or put some silly scenarios together (like I did one about the Tangy tree), some for my journal.

I got a new banner from the capsule in Splatoon 🥳. I love collecting banners and everything in the game :D.

I got a nice message from @Yanrima~ ☺️; it’s really kind of her to check up on me. I’m really grateful :D.

Today has been overall pretty good! 🙂

Today's been an amazing birthday!!! 🥳

- Got up early and had brunch with my family consisting of hash browns, eggs, and toast. 😋

- Finished my daily video game stuff in Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, and Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I even had time to play some more of my Red team playthrough in Pokemon Violet's DLC! 🎮

- Went to dinner with my family for my birthday and had an absolutely amazing dinner, and an even better dessert. It was rocky road marshmallow pudding. 😋

- My birthday wish came true! The Dallas STARS! defeated the Las Vegas Golden Knights 2-1 and won the series 4-3 to advance to the second round!!!! The odds were stacked against them after starting 0-2 in the series, but they found a way. Up next they'll be facing the Colorado Avalanche in round 2 of the NHL playoffs. 🏒 🔥 💚

It was funny because my family and I stayed in the car as the game was winding down and listened to it on the radio. I thought about going inside, so my sunglasses went flying and we still can't find them. But I took it as a sign to stay in the car, and the Stars won! 🎉

- I got several birthday gifts, one of them for clothes, and one of them an authentic Evan Carter bobblehead from the Texas Rangers depicting his spectacular catch in the ALCS against the Astros. I couldn't have asked for a better gift! Speaking of which, the Rangers defeated the Royals today 3-2 and took the series 2 games to 1! :blush:

- My MHA merch from @/nyx~ hasn't arrived yet, but should be here tomorrow! 🦸‍♂️

rz3ERLG.jpg

- Lastly, but certainly not least, I plan on staying active here for awhile longer. My activity may decrease, but I'll still be around. I can't get away! Thank you so much to everyone here, and the staff as well, for making The Bell Tree a beautiful site to use. :love:

Today was another nice day at home with my husband and my dog. It was rainy so it felt extra good to not have anywhere to go or anything to do. We watched a movie and a couple of shows, including the first recap episode of My Hero Academia and the Red Riding Hood episode of Grimm Variations, which I really liked.

I decided on a post-op belly binder. It should arrive this Friday so hopefully it will fit well. Not only is it intended to compress the area to reduce pain during the healing process, it also provides back support (so helpful since I already suffer from back pain) and shaping/training to get things back where they belong.

posting for yesterday and today since i've been busy this weekend!

i took my sister to disneyland for her birthday and we ended up going on star wars day! it was more of a "relax" day and it felt sooo good not feeling like we had to rush towards every line (if i had a magic key pass i would do this more often). it was my first time going on hyperspace mountain and it was super cool!! (and the picture we got at the end was hilarious, i think i will crack up every time i see it). i bought a stormtrooper popcorn bucket for my boyfriend (and he was so excited over it) and i bought myself two plushies - boo from monster's inc (as soon as i saw her i didn't even hesitate or think about it) and a weighted marie plush! afterwards i had al pastor tacos and al pastor fries from my favorite taco truck.

i spent today with my boyfriend and we went to a farmer's market this morning. he bought me a cute teacher-themed hairbow that had a tape measure and a little chalkboard! and i was able to find my dog a new shirt. :) i am also happy i was able to finish my homework on time tonight, i was cutting it close to the deadline (will i learn to not procrastinate? probably not)

One of my managers texted me two nights ago thanking me for my hard work and it brought a smile to my face. I definitely wasn't expecting it!
The Los Angeles Dodgers swept the Atlanta Braves, who started this series with the best record in baseball. Now, they are second in their division.
TBTWC is starting this month and I can’t wait. This was actually the first event I participated in on the forums, and I’m looking forward to it.
I feel like I’ve gotten better at managing my BPD. I feel a lot more in control of my emotions. I feel like I’m in control and that feels amazing.

I had a few hours to myself yesterday and spent it gaming. I caught a shiny Aipom in Pokémon Legends: Arceus. 🩷
shiny-aipom.jpeg

I had today off work and the weather was good for it! ☀️

I made egg muffins for breakfast and they were fantastic. I followed this recipe with some slight modifications. I skipped the spring onions (didn't have any) and added fresh garlic, crushed chillis, hot chilli powder, and peri peri sauce to give it more of a spice kick. The result was delicious. 🤤
20240506-135424.jpg

My plans with a friend unfortunately got cancelled, but no bother. I went for a long walk in the sun listening to music - super relaxing. While I was already out my partner suggested I come meet her after work for a drink, then after we grabbed a burger then went home where she helped me with some research I'd been putting off to find a new psychiatrist for my ADHD meds. She helped me contact ~6 people. Then for a bit of quality time we practiced one of our hobbies together and watched an episode of Shōgun. Feeling warm and fuzzy now. 😊

Back at work tomorrow and feeling confident it'll be a good day. 💪

Today's been good! 😁

- I don't go back to work until Thursday, so I got to sleep in and MAN was that great. 💤

- Got up and found out that my MHA merch had arrived! It now includes both my Alolan Vulpix plushie, a Kirishima figure, a Bakugou figure, a Dabi figure, a Todoroki Pop! nendo, a Kirishima Pop! nendo, some art of Gon and Killua from Hunter x Hunter, some art of Venti from Genshin Impact, my Alhaitham crystal block, my Izuku Midoriya and Todoroki keychains, my Aether plushie, and my Midoriya, Bakugou, Todoroki, Uraraka, and All Might pins! I've left it in a spoiler below. 🦸‍♂️

- I'm headed to martial arts soon and plan on playing more video games tonight afterwards! 🥳 🥋 🎮

20DBGUv.jpg

𓆑 I’m so thankful for all of the kindness and support I’ve been shown these past couple of weeks I’ve been struggling, especially the past couple of days. Breakups are uncomfy and not fun at all, but I’m so blessed to have such amazing friends. I especially want to thank my incredible friends @Dunquixote, @-Lumi- and @Zerous for checking in on me and being such lights in my life. 💜

𓆑 I’ve received some amazing art over the past few days !! I received my 2nd technically 3rd baby chibi commission from the talented Mistreil, which I’m currently using as my avatar and love sooooo much !! It’s been a hot minute since I’ve commissioned art of my acnh island rep, but my burning Elmo girl will always be so special to me! ❤️‍🔥 I adore the way Mistreil drew my girl so much; the colours are everything to me, and I ofc love love love the axolotls! I especially love that a Galaxolotl was included as it reminds me of my lovely friend FrostyAlmonds!

I also received a surprise doodle from the beautiful Zerous (whose belated Birthday art I’ve been working on is almost done !!), and my heart is so, so full. There’s truly no words for how thankful I am for their friendship and everything they’ve done for me, but I’m so blessed to have such an amazing friend. I’ll cherish them, their kindness and the beautiful art they’ve kindly made for me forever. 🥹 ALSO also I received an adorable animated commission of my persona eating cake from the amazing MrBox !!? I’m so thankful for them and their phenomenal art always, and so happy I was able to give them a collectible they wanted!

𓆑 I miraculously didn’t mess up configuring my historic sceneries, and they all have the dates and times I wanted! I’ve honestly been a little anxious that I somehow messed up the configuring (despite reading the instructions like 500 times and quadruple checking the unix timestamps were right), so I’m so relieved that I didn’t mess anything up and the timestamps turned out okay !!

𓆑 I played Cozy Grove for the first time in a few days yesterday, and I was pleasantly surprised to learn that while there are no new critters for me to catch this month, there are new fishes !! I caught 13 fishes yesterday, and for the first time in a while, I had a lot of fun just zoning out and fishing! I also reached 5 hearts with Octavia, earned 1 new badge, AND the biggest highlight… Ted let me hug him for the first time !!! 🥹 I honestly didn’t think he’d ever let me hug him, so it honestly made me emotional to be proven wrong. 🥹 These bears are so special to me wow
IMG_7673.jpeg
IMG_7674.jpeg
IMG_7675.jpeg
IMG_7676.jpeg

𓆑 I took a nice nap today. It was one of those naps where I woke up very foggy-brained and out of it, but after not sleeping much or well the past few days, I honestly needed a nap like that haha

𓆑 I have red and green grapes to have as a snack later ! I love grapes and have lowkey been craving them, I’m excited! They look so yum…

I got to do some more drawing today!

And I played some more Cozy Grove!! I finally saved up enough nut flour to get the peas for my ducklings (and I found my fourth nest today... we are approaching maximum duckling...), caught some new things, and made a bit of quest progress! I finally met Octavia too!

We had to pick up a few things today, but we also restocked on mochi ice cream in the process!

My parents and I watched SolidarityGaming’s new Minecraft SOS episode! The snowman memorial is a work of art; I cannot wait to see Lizzie and Joel’s reactions to it 😭

I cleaned up the living room. I ended up getting rid of a bunch of things that were just lying around have everything set aside. I'm going to look at this apartment tomorrow with my dad, so hopefully it works out. I'm honestly excited to be moving. I'll be able to start from scratch with the minimalist decorating, and I already have a plan in mind.
I officially got my new laptop. It's running so smoothly for me and I like it a lot. And now, I have somewhere that I can put the stickers I have just laying around!
Speaking of stickers, I have these three in various sizes! You may have remembered I posted a few weeks ago about some artwork I commissioned. The person was kind enough to send these stickers over to me, as well. You might recognize my MK from the Total Drama Reboot! She's so cute, look at her?!
IMG_5439.jpeg
IMG_5444.jpeg

I’m happy today because I finished designing Tangy’s vacation house in HHP. :D Will be posting it in the screenshots thread along with other things I did in HHP later. 🙂

Earlier, I realized I had the wrong diy for a later trade so I had TTed to the event; it took me a long time to get it but I’m happy I was able to get it. 🙂

I got Quinn’s photo; I had to do some more TTing though. I also realized I wasn’t giving them enough coconuts, so hopefully I’ll be able to get the pictures of the two other villagers quicker now 🙂.

I TTed again and Quinn asked if she should go elsewhere. I’m happy since I was hoping she’d ask soon, now that I got her picture. I can’t wait to island hop; I missed doing that 🙂. I want to invite someone who I never had before and maybe also someone who I don’t have their amiibo card.

I got my dailies in Genshin done earlier. Did some of the new event. 🙂

I had a nice chat with @Yanrima~ ☺️.

I just got a diy that I didn’t have from Claude :D; it is a pile of cardboard boxes.

Today was another good day 🙂.

- Got up early after getting some good sleep. Ate a homemade scone w/ jam, tea, and protein yoghurt for breakfast ❤️

- Successfully got my travel vaccinations this morning! I'm happy it was only one injection in my left arm, thought I'd need two but I just got a one hit combo :)

- Having chilli cheese fries for dinner tonight + it's eurovision semi final 1 😅

Back