• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

What Are You Happy About Today?

We got our first bloodwork back from Todd's FIP treatment and I'm glad to say he has massively improved! The only thing that is a slight worry is his creatinine levels (they're on the low end, but we think this might be because of the weight loss he experienced due to FIP. It should hopefully increase as he gradually gains his weight back).

He went from 4.9kg to 3.7 in around a month, and after a month of treatment he is now back to 4kg and seems to be gaining every few days which we're so happy about. I cant tell you how much of a relief it's been to see him back to normal (and with so much more energy!!). Fingers crossed he stays like this throughout his recovery period :) we have another 2 months of treatment to go so not out of the woods yet.

The Los Angeles Kings are officially out of the playoffs. I wasn't expecting much out of this year, partly due to the unfortunate match-up, but now that it's over, the team can focus on pursuing a new goaltender. There are other areas that need improvement, sure, but it starts there. You play more confidently with a goalie you can rely on.
I finally got some new shoes. They're basically just a new pair of the same shoes I've been wearing for years. They were heavily discounted because of a Mother's Day sale. My current ones were beat up taking into consideration that I also wear them for work, so these were much needed.
There's this market near me and the entire store is a treasure trove of imported foods from around the world. I haven't been inside until recently, but there are some things I wouldn't mind trying. I don't ever buy huge quantities of food, but I picked up a few products! Can you tell I love banana?
The milk came in a six-pack, but I'm only showing one since the pack is open.
IMG_5391.jpeg

I almost got really irritable with someone I care about today for literally no logical reason (just me making assumptions as usual) I stopped myself before I said anything stupid. I felt my emotions getting strong while we were talking like they were bubbling up and ready to explode but I managed to kind of distract my mind somehow and not like give into negative emotions and burst out angrily.
I've had my fair share of BPD outbursts, but my issues were mainly the other aspects of the disorder (ie: disassociating and a sense of emptiness). I find it helps to think before I say or do things. I know it's hard to fight the impulsivity and control your emotions but I try to remember that my emotions do not control me. You have the right to control how you feel. Sometimes I have to bite my tongue and sometimes they get the best of me, but I've been the one in control more recently. You just have to remember that your disorder does not define you. Be proud of your small victories because we all have to start somewhere. I'm proud of you!

Today's been another great day! 😁

- Got up and was productive at work. Had a lot of laughs too. Finished something I was working on. 📊

- Let my kitty into my room and cuddled with her for a bit. 🐱

- The Texas Rangers are up 4-0 on the Nationals right now and about to win the game, which would win them the series 2 games to 1! ⚾ 🔥

- I'm headed to the gym again tonight to exercise after a brief hiatus! 🏋️‍♂️ 🏃‍♂️

- The weather outside is lovely. :blush:

The Los Angeles Kings are officially out of the playoffs. I wasn't expecting much out of this year, partly due to the unfortunate match-up, but now that it's over, the team can focus on pursuing a new goaltender. There are other areas that need improvement, sure, but it starts there. You play more confidently with a goalie you can rely on.
I finally got some new shoes. They're basically just a new pair of the same shoes I've been wearing for years. They were heavily discounted because of a Mother's Day sale. My current ones were beat up taking into consideration that I also wear them for work, so these were much needed.
There's this market near me and the entire store is a treasure trove of imported foods from around the world. I haven't been inside until recently, but there are some things I wouldn't mind trying. I don't ever buy huge quantities of food, but I picked up a few products! Can you tell I love banana?
The milk came in a six-pack, but I'm only showing one since the pack is open.
View attachment 558363

I've had my fair share of BPD outbursts, but my issues were mainly the other aspects of the disorder (ie: disassociating and a sense of emptiness). I find it helps to think before I say or do things. I know it's hard to fight the impulsivity and control your emotions but I try to remember that my emotions do not control me. You have the right to control how you feel. Sometimes I have to bite my tongue and sometimes they get the best of me, but I've been the one in control more recently. You just have to remember that your disorder does not define you. Be proud of your small victories because we all have to start somewhere. I'm proud of you!

Thank you! Yes my main things are the dissociation and emptiness too but lately it’s been more the outbursts probably due to being in more close interpersonal relationships lately and my paranoia making it hard to trust people. So I jump to conclusions about others intentions and and up regretting what I say when I’m impulsive. I’m working on it though. Two things that are helping immensely are exercise, especially cardio. That really helps my mood swings level out. So I do it everyday and other exercise too like weights, yoga, etc. the other thing that is really helping me is playing my violin. I have been making time everyday to dedicate to practicing it really gives me a huge sense of meaning and accomplishment and my lessons motivate me to keep pushing myself further. Oh and I’m gonna be volunteering with the cat rescue again! I have a shift with them tomorrow. That is always so uplifting spending time with the kitties there.

The banana flavored milk! I actually saw that on Amazon awhile back when I was looking for imported snacks and I added it to my cart cause banana flavored stuff is amazing! :D

We got our first bloodwork back from Todd's FIP treatment and I'm glad to say he has massively improved! The only thing that is a slight worry is his creatinine levels (they're on the low end, but we think this might be because of the weight loss he experienced due to FIP. It should hopefully increase as he gradually gains his weight back).

He went from 4.9kg to 3.7 in around a month, and after a month of treatment he is now back to 4kg and seems to be gaining every few days which we're so happy about. I cant tell you how much of a relief it's been to see him back to normal (and with so much more energy!!). Fingers crossed he stays like this throughout his recovery period :) we have another 2 months of treatment to go so not out of the woods yet.
I’m so happy to hear this! Thanks so much for the update 🙂. Sending him and you both much love and my kitties send him extra healing purrs to him. 🐾🫂💜💜💜🐾 I’ll keep my fingers crossed for him too! 🤞

Last night, I got another piece of gear in Splatoon filled with most of the slots I needed for one of my builds 🙂. One of the abilities wasn’t in the build but I wanted to try it with instead of the one that the player who made the build had (it was a randomly rolled ability but one that I was considering using instead anyways 🙂).

In one of my matches, I think I got my team to push and we won (it was on mahi mahi, one of my least favorite maps too) :D.

I was able to do my dailies yesterday in Genshin. I’m hoping I can today too. Also, my friendship with Neuvillette was raised to 7; I read the unlocked story and voice lines and really enjoyed them. He’s such an interesting character ☺️.

Last edited:
Finally got back to Cozy Grove so I could get started on the spring festival! I’ve already gotten a lot of the clothes I wanted from the event, made some decent progress on quests, and got my first spirit deer!!

My family and I watched another GoodTimesWithScar Hermitcraft video this evening!

It was a beautiful, warm, sunny day. I watched Liam, the groundhog, grazing in my backyard while I worked. I also saw a new baby groundhog while we were out on our afternoon walk. I had a good massage therapy session and I'm feeling better in general today. I'm also happy that tomorrow is Friday!

lost records: bloom and rage released a new trailer that i just watched, i'm super super hyped for this game to release later in the year aaaa the vibes are immaculate!!!!

also just seen that gavin and stacey is returning for the final episode!! another christmas special episode as well! it's been ages since the cliffhanger from the christmas special in 2019, i am very hyped for that too aaa

Last edited:
Went out last night to a board game event. So many of my friends were out it was fantastic to catch up with people! 😊

After several people said that they had been keeping my birthday free, I've decided to throw a birthday party for the first time in ~15 years. I usually just go out for a drink/meal with my partner so I'm excited! This was only planned last night and already lots of RSVPs. 🎈

Free breakfast at work this morning. 🤤

Got a double date tonight and so looking forward to it. We've not seen these two since January and I'm so excited to catch up. 🖤

She's beautiful!

late reply but hey thanks. This is probably one of my favorite photos of her. Dated as 2015.

She stays indoors now. After our neighbors irresponsibly left their gate open and the huge 100+ LBS dog attacked her >.> (despite knowing we had cats on our side). And apparently the dog had done this in the past to previous neighbors.

She wasn't meant to be outside that day either. She slipped out the door at the same time they left the gate open.

Her outdoor days are finished. She's doing great though.

gracie.jpg

Today's been really good so far! 😁

- Woke up earlier than normal and have been really productive already. 📊

- I have gym time again later today. 🏋️‍♂️

- I took off work more days next week, so I'll be able to binge the Honkai: Star Rail update when it drops. 🎮

- The weather is looking like it'll be pretty good today. ⛅

- Both game 6 for the Dallas Stars and Dallas Mavericks are tonight, with a chance to eliminate both the Las Vegas Golden Knights and Los Angeles Clippers from playoff contention. This is it, the final push!! 😤

- Tomorrow morning is the release of My Hero Academia season 7! 🥳 🎉

- I went shopping at the mall and found an adorable plushie of Midorya at a game store. There were lots of cool action figures of anime characters and some games I wanted to play, though they were kind of expensive.
Midorya Plushie.jpg
- Went to the gym and completed an arm workout.
- Ate some food from McDonald's and got a toy with my Happy Meal lol. It's just a generic dog toy, and I only bought the Happy Meal because I had a coupon for it.
- Completed a sketch for a commission.
- Went swimming at the pool.

What I’m happy about today:

Guess who went for a walk today? 👀
B351D98D-78B7-4136-AFBC-51ECF220B39A.jpeg

I saw a beautiful calico on our way and it let me pet it and even rolled on the ground to show me its belly ☺️.

Jewels hardly cried this time. She only cried a little when we first put her in the stroller. I gave them both a licky stick when we got back 🙂. They both kept trying to steal from each other 😅😹.

I’m happy to be home; going out for even a little bit drains me 😵.

Last night I finished a build in Splatoon. 🥳 I’m hoping to have different clothes for the build eventually but right now my options are limited since I’m still collecting clothes. I figured it was better to make do what I have rather than play with gear with random or no effects.

IMG_7148.jpeg

I know this is silly but I think I’m growing really fond of my inkling. I’m not very far in the story to know anything, but still I can’t help liking her a lot 🙂. I really love the inkling/octolings booyahs and ouch too ☺.

Yesterday or the day before, I had a few successful Salmon Runs and I got promoted 🙂.

I’m excited there will be another splatfest coming up :D. I had a lot of fun with the last one and wished I played a little more than I had.

Last night I received a really kind message from @Yanrima~ and had a nice chat with her ☺️; I’m really grateful she reached out to me. It really made me happy; always a pleasure to hear from her and to chat :D; I worry a little that I am too awkward though.

I was really happy to hear from @mocha again and see the good news about her kitty ☺️.

I got Morgan to level 94 last night in Fate Go and also finished maxing her skills recently too. :D

That’s it for now! Today has been a good day so far 🙂. I hope everyone else’s day has been good too! :D

Worked on some personal art again today! Hoping I can finish it up tomorrow since I keep getting ideas faster than I can draw them

I played some more Cozy Grove, made some progress in the spring festival, and caught a ton of new fish!! I got my white flower glasses that I really wanted, and had just been assuming that the bunny ears auto-matched to your current hair color, which isn’t the case, so I’m feeling extra lucky that I got black to match my hair yesterday! ;w; Although now I also want to try to get the bunny ears in green...

My family and I watched GeminiTay’s new Hermitcraft episode! I love the beach arena aaa

It was another beautiful day outside. I watched the birds and the squirrels while I worked. The rain that was supposed to start this evening held off too, which I was grateful for since we had to do the grocery shopping.

Some issues came up at work, but we got them resolved and I was able to log off on time. Our incident count is also decreasing. I'm trying to be more focused while I work instead allowing the distractions to get to me and I think it's helping. I'm feeling good about what I accomplish by the end of the day. Even if I do less, I'm getting the important stuff done.

Now I get to rest and sleep in this weekend!

Back