• Current Championship Time (EDT)

Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024!

Chris

Staff
Senior Moderator
Ha-Cha!
Bells
Island
Vylbrand
Gold Hybrid Rose
Master Ball
Moon Ball
Love Ball
Pokéball
OpeningBanner.png

Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024! During this two-week gaming spectacular, that runs from Saturday May 18th 2024 to Sunday June 2nd 2024, you will be divided into four teams where you will work together to earn points for the chance to win exciting forum perks, forum bells, and new collectibles! You will earn points through participating and spectating in game sessions, creating artwork or poems in support of your team, and sporting an avatar and signature in your team colours.

Games 🎮

Let's start with the most important aspect: the games! We are hosting friendly and competitive matches across many exciting online multiplayer Nintendo Switch games: Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Mario Party Superstars, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet, Splatoon 3, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and Super Mario Bros. Wonder. You will find all of the game threads in the Games Lobby.

Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 12.41.56.png

In addition to these titles, we will also be running sessions of Among Us and Jackbox Games.

Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 10.50.45.png

What is the difference between friendly and competitive sessions?
  • In a friendly session you will only receive points for participating. The person who comes in first place will receive the same number of points as the person who comes in last place. Game hosts will not be keeping score.
  • In a competitive session, you will receive points based on your performance on top of participation points. The person who comes in first place will receive more points than the person who comes in last place. However, everyone who participates will still walk away with something. Game hosts will be keeping score in competitive sessions.

Team Assignments 🎮

If you opted-in to this event before May 18th 2024 you will have already been randomly assigned to one of four teams. Your team assignment will be listed in the postbit to the left of your post on desktop and on top of your post on mobile. Please note that it can take up to an hour after logging in for your team assignment to be displayed.

team.png

If you have not yet opted in to this event that's no issue, you can still do so! To sign-up to participate in The Bell Tree World Championship please go to your Preferences and set the TBT World Championship field to "Opted In" and then press Save. All accounts that have opted-in will periodically be assigned to a team.

Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 18.14.46.png

Please note that if you are not yet assigned to a team then you cannot sign-up to any of the gaming sessions. Please do not make placeholder posts; game hosts will ignore these.

Team Structure 🎮

For the next two weeks, consider your team your TBT family. You might not get along with everyone on your team, but you're in this together. Each team has their own board where they will be able to communicate with their fellow teammates and their team captains:

Each team is led by two captains. Team 1 will be lead by @~Kilza~ and @Pyoopi, Team 2 will be supported by @Justin and @LaBelleFleur, Team 3 will be captained by @Chris and @Mick, and Team 4 will be piloted by @LadyDestani and @Mistreil. Your team captains are your point of contact for this event. They will answer your questions and be your biggest cheerleaders.

N.B. Please note that if your team banner is not currently displayed on your profile you will not have access to your team board yet. Check back in an hour!

Points 🎮

How Many Points Is Each Activity Worth?
Each game thread will outline the ways you can earn points and how many points each activity is worth. You can also refer to this spreadsheet, or the text-based version of it below.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons Hide and Go SeekPoints
Participating in a ACNH: Hide & Go Seek friendlies session15
Being the fourth, fifth, sixth, or seventh last person to be found in competitive ACNH Hide & Go Seek15
Being the third last person to be found in competitive ACNH Hide & Go Seek20
Being the second last person to be found in competitive ACNH Hide & Go Seek25
Being the last person to be found, or not being found at all, in competitive ACNH Hide & Go Seek30
If you play competitive Hide & Go Seek a second time these values change to 8 / 10 / 13 / 15.

Mario Kart 8 DeluxePoints
Per Mario Kart 8 Deluxe session joined (friendly or competitive)5
Coming in third place overall in a competitive session10
Coming in second place overall in a competitive session20
Coming in first place overall in a competitive session30

Pokémon Scarlet & Violet TournamentPoints
Per battle completed in the Pokémon Tournament5
Per battle won in the Pokémon Tournament5
Coming in third place in the Pokémon Tournament5
Coming in second place in the Pokémon Tournament10
Coming in first place in the Pokémon Tournament15

Pokémon Shiny HuntPoints
Finding a non-target shiny Pokémon1
Finding a target shiny Pokémon5
Finding a current hot target shiny Pokémon10
Caught the most shiny Pokémon15
Caught the most target shiny Pokémon20
The "most shiny Pokémon" and "most target shiny Pokémon" achievements do not stack.

Splatoon 3Points
Per Splatoon 3 session joined (friendly or competitive)5
Winning a game in a competitive session (points awarded per win)3
Winning the most amount of games in a competitive session10

Splatoon 3: Salmon Run EggstravaganzaPoints
Any score of 35-40 golden eggs (daily)2
Any score of 41-45 golden eggs (daily)5
Any score of 46-55 golden eggs (daily)10
Top 3 best score15
Top 2 best score20
Top 1 best score25

Mario Party SuperstarsPoints
Coming in fourth place in a Mario Party Superstars session5
Coming in third place in a Mario Party Superstars session10
Coming in second place in a Mario Party Superstars session15
Coming in first place in a Mario Party Superstars session20

Super Smash Bros. UltimatePoints
Per SSBU friendlies session joined5
Per set completed in the SSBU Tournament5
Per set won in the SSBU Tournament5
Coming in third place in the SSBU Tournament5
Coming in second place in the SSBU Tournament10
Coming in first place in the SSBU Tournament15
Among UsPoints
Participating in an Among Us session5

Jackbox GamesPoints
Participating in a Jackbox Games session5
Discord TriviaPoints
Participating in a Discord Trivia Session5
Coming in fourth place in a Discord Trivia session10
Coming in third place in a Discord Trivia session20
Coming in second place in a Discord Trivia session25
Coming in first place in a Discord Trivia session30

Supportive ActivitiesPoints
Having an avatar/signature relevant to your team25
Your team name, flag design, Discord emoji, or ACNH character is picked to represent your team10
You submit a team name, team flag, Discord emoji, or ACNH character5
Submitting a creative piece ("cheer") in support of your team.3
Spectating and chatting during a live stream: twitch.tv/thebelltree3

How Will Points Be Distributed?
  1. Participating in Game Events: You will be able to claim your points by posting evidence of your participation in the Games Lobby Point Submissions board. Points will then be distributed by one of the game hosts. When submitting your thread, please take care when selecting the correct Team and Game Event.
  2. Spectating in Game Events: Your participation in our Discord server will be recorded by RIBBOT. Game hosts will export this list of spectator activity and forward it to Jeremy, who will then distribute the points. As this is a one-man operation please do not report any missing spectator points for at least 48hrs after the session.
  3. Team Events: For events that take place in your individual team boards, the points will be distributed by your team captain.

Scoreboard 🎮

In order to track your team's progress you can check out the scoreboard displayed at the top of the board. This will be updated automatically as game hosts and team captains distribute points.

Screenshot 2024-05-18 at 16.02.14.png

Once you have voted on your team name and colours the scoreboard will be updated to reflect this.

Prizes 🎮

We have four categories of prizes for this event: Team Placement Awards, MVP Awards, Tournament Awards, and Participation Awards.

Team Placement Awards 🏆
The Team Awards will be awarded to every member of the team who actively participated in the event. We will classify active participation as earning more than 50 points for your team. First, second, third, and fourth place will be determined based on how many points each team accumulates throughout the event.

First Place
Gamer's Galaxy backdrop in your team's colour until July 2nd 2024.
(example in red)
galaxy-red.png
crown_no_colour.png
Crown Trophy collectible in your team's colour.​
250 TBT Bells.
BellBag.png

PlacementPrize
Second Place200 TBT Bells
Third Place150 TBT Bells
Fourth Place100 TBT Bells

MVP Awards 🏆
The MVP Awards will go out to the top points earner in each team. Each team's MVP will be awarded with an Inky collectible in recognition of their contribution to their team no matter how well their team performed overall.

631.jpg

Tournament Awards 🏆
The Tournament Awards will go out to the people who place in first, second, and third in our Pokémon Scarlet and Violet and Super Smash Bros. Ultimate tournaments.

First Place:
  • 53.jpg

First Place Trophy Collectible
  • 200 TBT Bells
Second Place:
  • 52.jpg

Second Place Trophy Collectible
  • 150 TBT Bells
Third Place:
  • 54.jpg

Third Place Trophy Collectible
  • 100 TBT Bells

Individual Awards 🏆
The following prizes will be offered to every single participant, with a minimum of three points, no matter where their team placed in the rankings.

• The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 Patch collectible (will be revealed at a later date)
  • Every 50 points earned will earn you 1 entry to a Master Ball collectible raffle.

Raffle Prize
634.jpg

In addition to this, we will also be awarding Arcade Tokens and TBT Bells.

TaskArcade Tokens AwardedTBT Bells Awarded
50+ points earned150
100+ points earned125
Top 30% of point earners on a team125
Top 15% of point earners on a team125
(Yes, these prizes stack!)

New Shop Items

Arcade Tokens can be spent in the Shop on the following prizes:

253.jpg
Pinky - 2 Arcade Tokens
254.jpg
Invader - 2 Arcade Tokens
255.jpg
Goomba - 2 Arcade Tokens
chomp_call.png
Chomp Call - 1 Arcade Token
golden_egg_but_splatoon.png
Golden Salmonid Egg - 1 Arcade Token
smash_ball.png
Smash Ball - 1 Arcade Token
tera_orb.png
Tera Orb - 1 Arcade Token

We have also added the new Game Boy and Gamer Tags backdrops, two limited time reactions, and Arcade Scenery to the Shop.

gameboy-backdrop.png gamertags-backdrop.png

The Game Boy backdrop was made by @Mistreil, and the Gamer Tag backdrop was made by @dizzy bone.

Staff Credits 🎮

Activity coordinator: Chris
Activity hosts: Chris, dizzy bone, Justin, ~Kilza~, LaBelleFleur, LadyDestani, Mick, Mistreil, Nefarious, pandapples, Pyoopi
Crew leaders: ~Kilza~, Pyoopi; Justin, LaBelleFleur; Chris, Mick; LadyDestani, Mistreil
Main banner art: Pyoopi
Activities banner art: dizzy bone, Pyoopi
New Collectibles: Mistreil
Game Boy Backdrop: Mistreil
Gamer Tag Backdrop: dizzy bone
Technical setup: Jeremy, Justin

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll get these snacks, I'm so happy to be apart of Team 3 already

cat-mine.gif

i hate to immediately sound unappreciative, because i know this event is a big undertaking for staff and scheduling is hard because of real life commitments, but i really hope more sessions are actually potentially added for MK8 because i was really looking forward to competing in that, and it's basically the only game i have, but all the current times (bar mistreil's one friendly session) are completely unfriendly for europeans rip ><

i hate to immediately sound unappreciative, because i know this event is a big undertaking for staff and scheduling is hard because of real life commitments, but i really hope more sessions are actually potentially added for MK8 because i was really looking forward to competing in that, and it's basically the only game i have, but all the current times (bar mistreil's one friendly session) are completely unfriendly for europeans rip ><
I am sure more will be added. Smash only has 3 sessions so far. 1 on Sunday and 2 early Monday. I am sure a lot of people will be at school or work for that one.

Yes, there will be more sessions added, please don't worry about it! The sessions for MK8D and other games are still being figured out by the respective hosts and will be posted when they're made available! We will be sure to include some Euro-friendly times within them.

Yes, there will be more sessions added, please don't worry about it! The sessions for MK8D and other games are still being figured out by the respective hosts and will be posted when they're made available! We will be sure to include some Euro-friendly times within them.
thank you for the reassurance !! i know it did say more times may be added, i just wasn't sure of the likelihood 😅 would hate to miss out on the chance to run my MK8 reputation into the ground asdfgjkfgh, but it's good to know there will be some sessions more suitable for my timezone !!

Okay, never mind—I’m so glad I already have the invader/goomba/pinky set, because I’m traveling for half this event and I honestly will be impressed if I manage to pull out 50 points for my team. But I HAVE to, because that chomp call collectible!!!!!!! I am obsessed. If I can somehow earn additional arcade tokens, the smash ball and Tera orb are gorgeous as well.

I'm the only game host based in Europe and I just haven't had the time to plan my schedule yet. Europe won't be unrepresented. :)

ooh v cute backdrops! also really loving the chomp ball design 😭😭 it's so cute.

I'll be coasting a bit this first week but hopefully will be able to full out participate during week 2!

Back