The METAL thread! \m/

@PaperCat: Haven't heard Avatar in some time! Always a treat.

@G0DFlesh_88: I am SO looking forward to that Possessed album! Sounds freaking killer!! \m/

Last edited:
Avatar is great. I have no idea how I even found out about them, but I don't care cause I love them and happy to have found them:D

Their concerts always look awesome

Last edited:
On my way to the grocery store with my dad, and he's playing death metal music by a band called Megawitch...
I would never listen to music like this on my own accord, so actually listening to it is kind of a trip in and of itself lmao

He also played Cannibal Corpse.... whew....

New Nocturnus album is pretty sick. Mix is a little on the muffled side which I had to use to my players EQ to up the high and mids. it sounds better. Overall, If you liked their 90s albums you will like this. Basically Death Metal with synths.

Last edited:
Still need to check out that Nocturnus album!

- - - Post Merge - - -

@xSuperMario64x: Never heard of Megawitch before! Will have to check them out. I should probably mention I'm not the biggest fan of Cannibal Corpse either. They sit on the more "brutal" end of death metal whereas I prefer the thrashier stuff like Death, Vader, Morbid Angel, etc....where the vocals are still easy to make out!

I think the heaviest death metal band I listen to is probably either Immolation or Septicflesh..any heavier(at least vocally, to where I can't understand a damn word) is probably too heavy for me, lol. Though, I must admit..even I listen to bands like Behemoth and Nile once in awhile! ;)

Last edited:
new darkthrone is pretty sick as well. the new album is mixing their black metal sound with more 80s trad dark metal.

^Hmm, not bad! Vocals are a bit low in the mix but otherwise pretty solid!

Been listening to this classic revival thrash album. The Raising The Corpse album is also pretty good.

Last edited:
New Mayhem is pretty good. Return to the early atmosphere. Probably my favorite post mayhem along with the Chimera album.

Last edited:
There's a lot of stuff I need to check out, both in this thread and other stuff! 2019 is shaping up to be another great year for metal music(more on the extreme side though)!!:D

any metallica fans on here see S&M2? My dad and I wanna see it on the big screens but we gotta figure out where/when first...

^Haven't even heard of it actually! I'll look into it.

I should really come here more often, I like certain genres of metal.

Anyway, I'm not familiar with all of them. I like the 'lighter' ones, some screaming is okay, not the entire song thou. Like just listening to some of these people scream during the entire song makes my throat hurt thinking about theirs. So far I've heard a few songs from Breaking Benjamin, alot of Starset (really like StarSet, really good) Metallica (love Sandman and Bob Sergers cover of Turn the Page) FFDP, maybe Black Veil Brides, HollyWood Undead, a few others. Anyone reccomend any songs kinda like those?

I also wanna watch all the videos posted here so far.

Last edited:
Back