• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Are you invisible?

Do you have your online status visible?

• Yes, and my current activity is shown.

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Yes, but my current activity is not shown.

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • No. Nobody needs to see what I’m doing.

Votes: 39 53.4%

• Total voters
Yes, I am invisible. I am standing right behind you, hehehehe.... *breathing intensifies* Yes, turn your neck around slowly to double check, hehehehe.... Nah. I don't mind strangers knowing when I'm online. Consider it a courtesy! You see that green dot 🟢 on my avatar, you better hide and lock yo' threads... I'm comin'... 😈

I keep it everything visible in case any of my friends want to know what I’m up to.

I'm middle of the road

I tried being invisible once to remove this annoying online status indicator (could they have picked a worse spot for it?), but I could stiĺl see it, so invisible mode couldn't even do the one thing it's designed to do properly

I'm middle of the road

I tried being invisible once to remove this annoying online status indicator (could they have picked a worse spot for it?), but I could stiĺl see it, so invisible mode couldn't even do the one thing it's designed to do properly
Honestly, I agree, and tbh it's a little confusing for newer members who think they turned their status off but to still have it showing for them. May just be a forum thing and can't be helped.

yes, it makes me uncomfortable knowing people know when I'm online 😭 lemme lurk in peace fr
i guess being visible is useful if you're a seller but otherwise aaa sometimes i check messages but i dont feel like replying and i dont like people feeling bad that i seenzoned them or whatever so it's better for everyone not to know when i'm lurking lol

Yes. Way back, after I broke up with my ex, he started stalking me on some of the gaming apps like battlenet that we used. Somehow he found out what I was watching at the time even though I never put it in my status or anything so he watched the stuff too; I thought that was creepy. This was actually not the reason I chose to make myself invisible at the time; at the time, it was because of other things that made me anxious (I’m not entirely sure what anymore but I feel more comfortable leaving my status like this).

i am invisible :0 not for any particular reason though, i just feel more comfortable when people don’t know when i’m online lol

I recently changed my status to invisible. I've been meaning to do it for a while anyways, but never got around to doing it till now. I just feel more at ease knowing users can't see when I'm online, especially since I like to lurk and pop in momentarily.

For the longest time on TBT I had my visibility and activity showing, since it doesn't really bother me! Currently I have it set to invisible because I often accidentally click the TBT shortcut on Firefox out of habit when I don't intend to be online, so it's just easier to be invisible. lol

On Discord, I've just always had it set to invisible, just because being online doesn't mean I'm free to talk, as I've got Discord open most of the time, including while I'm working. 😊

I don’t even know if my invisible status is enabled, nor do I know how to enable/disable it 😅

I don’t even know if my invisible status is enabled, nor do I know how to enable/disable it 😅
You can enable/disable it in the settings on the 'Privacy' tab! Your status and activity are both active, by the way.
1717899399572.png

This is what it should look like on the Privacy tab in your settings. I screenshotted my settings, hence why both boxes are unchecked.
1717899437499.png

You can enable/disable it in the settings on the 'Privacy' tab! Your status and activity are both active, by the way.
View attachment 568806

This is what it should look like on the Privacy tab in your settings. I screenshotted my settings, hence why both boxes are unchecked.
View attachment 568807
oh, OK, thank you for letting me know. <333 💖💕

I’ll probably just leave it on, I don’t mind people knowing when I’m doing on here, it’s not like I’m doing anything I’m not supposed to. ^^

i think i changed my setting to invisible here a bit after i got more active in the acnl trading section cause i felt worried that people would assume online = available to trade. i like to lurk and check the forum on my phone when i'm out and about so i didn't want to really worry about it. i like to do things at my pace and will normally set privacy settings to invisible (like on discord for example) it just reduces my stress and worries tbh

Back