ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

bcmii

The tense past is swaying
Bells
I thought this would be a fun thread, since it is different from the serious complaints that people have in the rant thread.

This is your time to be petty: What are some small/tiny things that slightly peeve you in the game, but make a very small or no difference to the actual gameplay?

Please note: this is all in good fun and I am in no way trying to act as if these are serious complaints that make that big of a difference in the game!
Post automatically merged:

For me, here are the first two that immediately come to mind:

First off, why does the loading screen icon show a palm tree growing on the grass, but in the actual game, you can only plant them in the sand?

There's also the fact that K.K. tells you to sit down for his performances, only to have everyone jump back up as soon as the music begins.

Last edited:
An actual complaint I just thought of, but is still not that big of a deal, is the fact that you cannot go back in the dialogue if you accidentally hit the wrong button at the airport. No, they make you restart the dialogue and go through the long process of disconnecting and reconnecting to the internet to just choose a different option. Why? Why must Nintendo make anything involving internet connectivity so over-complicated and counter-intuitive?

EydGeASUcAYwIrf.jpeg

Eh......I wish certain villagers were allowed to wear pants.

I can’t remember which villager personality it is but there’s dialogue where they basically say that Isabelle developed the island. Ummmm what? Last time I checked Nook and his nephews were here first. She didn’t show up until later. And what does she do exactly?? What is her job title? I’m the one who paid for these bridges and inclines. I’ve never seen her spend a bell on this island or plant a flower. You could remove her from the game and it would make no difference.

Okay so. If I see a villager in the Able Sister's store and they're looking at shoes they almost always comment about how, "odd" the shoes are. Because they don't need them, they don't know how they'd wear them, or whatever else. I swear I've had other dialogue too where they basically just confirm they have no need for socks or shoes.

So why are there times when they're selling me shoes?? If you don't need them why are you buying them 😭 Where are you getting these shoes from?? It's such a minor thing lmao but still. I suppose they could be getting them from balloons but I never see them popping any 🤔

I can’t remember which villager personality it is but there’s dialogue where they basically say that Isabelle developed the island. Ummmm what? Last time I checked Nook and his nephews were here first. She didn’t show up until later. And what does she do exactly?? What is her job title? I’m the one who paid for these bridges and inclines. I’ve never seen her spend a bell on this island or plant a flower. You could remove her from the game and it would make no difference.

Haha. I was literally just thinking about how Nook doesn’t really need Isabelle. Did he really need to hire someone just to make morning announcements about the details of their personal life that literally nobody asked about? That, and the only other job she actually has to do on a daily basis is dust the office. Like really, what does she offer that is so important that you specifically flew her out to the island? Haha. Nook takes care of the important details of the island, anyways...

Let me have a sandwich with my villagers (or use that sandwich to decorate with 😛). Need more food and drink items now. 😭

i want the food and drink machines to give me snacks
I’ve been wanting them to dispense pop bottles and cans, or juice drink or to decorate with since I started playing last May. Chip bags or candy bars from the machine. I’d prefer them to be furniture items than consumable since there is a limit to how many dropped islands you can have before it reduces your island’s score. but i’d like some cute interaction if it is a furniture item. Or maybe it have both types and be like those fortune cookies were where the item you get is random.

Back