YouTube wins case against Viacom

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyB

Retired Staff
Bells
Cherry (Fruit)
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/youtube-wins-case-against-viacom.html
Today, the court granted our motion for summary judgment in Viacom's lawsuit with YouTube. This means that the court has decided that YouTube is protected by the safe harbor of the Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) against claims of copyright infringement. The decision follows established judicial consensus that online services like YouTube are protected when they work cooperatively with copyright holders to help them manage their rights online...

Good times.

Well, at least it's better than Viacom winning. Come on everybody, make Youtube videos of clips from Viacom owned shows to piss them off!

I remember the guy from the toy channel was *****ing out about this lol XD

Atleast its over now

Too bad this doesn't mean anything for us, really. It only means that YouTube will not lose a bajillion of the grillions of dollars that they have.

Mino said:
Too bad this doesn't mean anything for us, really. It only means that YouTube will not lose a bajillion of the grillions of dollars that they have.
Exactly.

Based on the way youtube is falling now (with the commercials and such) i see no real victory for any of us. Unless you are staffed at Youtube.

Bacon Boy said:
Mino said:
Exactly.

Based on the way youtube is falling now (with the commercials and such) i see no real victory for any of us. Unless you are staffed at Youtube.
Truthfully, I don't blame them for the ads. Youtube has to spend millions of dollars a year on networking expenses for the huge volume of traffic they have, and even after ads they're still losing money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back