• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Your Worst Nightmare?

Oh god, I don't dream very much in general, but I have had some terrifying dreams when I was little. One was where my school principal wanted to chop off my legs.

My most recent 'nightmare' was I was in the church (the wrong church), in my wedding dress, and I had none of my readings picked out, I had no singers either. I was panicking!!!

My worst nightmare was when my brother split in two :{

I was 7 don't judge

So, he was riding his trike, then he fell on rocks, and split into two. He was taken to the hospital, and I was in my class. Then my mom came in and showed me a text that said: "Hes asleep, but we'll bury him now!"

I got so scared thinking he had invisible stitches for the next two months XD

My worst recent nightmare is messing up at work. Before that it was my parents splitting up/through family being torn apart/me not being part of my family, but that one came true. :/

I don't know, I have a few and several in the past have came true. Anything happening to my dogs. I worry about this a lot, I hate that dogs don't live as long as humuans (usually). Breaks my heart to think of them not being here. My mom getting sick again, she coincidently had the same cancer that killed my dad when I was 16. Currently in remission.
And for myself personally to relapse and end up paralysed or on permanent dialysis...or worse. Just getting over one relapse, hoping they can catch the next one earlier. I massively fear ending up paralysed, that's the worst one ever actually I think

worst nightmare as in actual nightmare or just rly bad tthings that could happen to u?

if it is as an actual nightmare uh idk. i have a lot of bad dreams but i usually am not too affected by them anymore. when i was a kid i'd have a bad dream and not be able to sleep properly for daaays. once when i was around five i dreamt a rly intense dream where i was chased and tortured by some ppl, that one wasnt too much fun because it made me have a bunch more nightmares the following few weeks ):

My dreams are wayyy too abstract for me to make sense of them. I'm not sure I'd call them nightmares or not. It's weird. Now for actual things HAPPENING to me that were bad, I'm really not sure? Probably when I had a horrific mescaline experience. Then I stupidly decided to take LSD a week or so later when I wasn't even fully recovered from the mescaline experience. I'm still ****** up from it to this day.

When I was in the fifth grade I dreamt that I was walking around my school at night. As expected the only light was from the moon. Several students were patrolling the hallways. What was different was that they all had Vulpix heads with piercing red eyes. I snuck around a few in the library before they noticed. The dream ended with 7 or 8 Vulpix headed students surrounding and biting me.

Hmm, well the only one that comes to mind right now was worse intense sadness ever. Like, so "un-imaginable".
My spouse died and the sadness was intense and deep, my chest ached terribly and I could feel my life fading out. There was no willpower or anything. That was it. That was what the dream was about. The sadness or despair. It wasn't even about the actual death happening or how it happened, or the funeral or whatever people normally dream about. I still felt deeply sad after waking up, and my chest was phlegmy for a couple of days afterwards too. Probably caught a little bit of a cold or something at the time that triggered the dream.

Edit spelling

Last edited:
Having my parents struggle coming to this country just so I can end up a failure.

I don't have a number one worst dream, and after having been sick twice recently, I'd say fever dreams are up there as the worst for me.

my loved ones, especially my parents, dying and leaving me alone. i know i complain about them a lot on here and that my relationship with/feelings towards them are very complicated, but my kitten and i would genuinely be so screwed if something were to ever happen to them. i know one day they’ll be gone, and that fact terrifies the literal hell out of me, but my biggest fear is something happening to them both at the same time, leaving me orphaned or whatever. my fear of this has become even more prominent ever since my grandmother died back in september, as it’s just my parents and i now. if something happened to them, i’d be completely alone and unprepared. there is so much they haven’t taught me how to do such as cook for myself, pay the bills, go out into the world and survive, etc. i feel like it’s a race against the clock to learn everything i need to so that i can stand on my own once they’re gone, even though they’re relatively healthy and seemingly not dying anytime soon. i don’t know, i’m just always terrified that when they go out together (which is almost every day) they’ll get into a car crash or become victims in a store robbery or something. i find myself watching the news and being terrified that their names will come up or there’ll be news on a car crash and it’ll show images from the scene and it’ll just be my mom’s car. i’m terrified that whenever the phone rings while i’m home alone, it’s the police or a hospital calling me to let me know that something’s happened to them. it’s irrational and makes me feel crazy, but i can’t help it. the thought leaves me unable to get out of bed some days, and i’ve had plenty of anxiety attacks whenever they’ve been out for longer than 4 hours in the last 8 months alone. the relief i feel whenever i hear the door unlock and their voices fill the apartment is insane.

having a kitten now has made me even more scared of this happening, because god forbid if it did, i wouldn’t just have me to worry about and look after. i’d also have her. i’d be able to feed her and clean up after her and all that just fine, but how would i get her to her vet appointments? how would i pay for them? it’d be a terrifying, sudden mess if it was just her and i. i’m hoping to be educated and grown and mature enough to one day be capable of being independent and looking after alize (my kitten) and i just fine, but i’m not there yet, and i’m scared something will happen before i am.

i’m also scared of something happening to my online friends because if something did, i don’t think i’d ever know. they would just... disappear one day, and the thought of that happening is paralyzing to me. all of my friends mean so much to me that i can’t imagine any of them just suddenly not being here anymore.

Last edited:
I'm terrified of insects and especially cockroaches. My worst fear is that they are crawling on me and then get stuck in my ears or in my hair and I can't get them off me. I've had a cockroach crawling on my leg a few times and its so horrible and it takes a long time for me to calm down.

Man this one is just too personal. I once had a nightmare of everyone hating on me wherever I go. I got no help from no one and everyone was calling me names. I won't go into specifics but lets just say they said a lot of hurtful things to me and some that even made me so uncomfortable. I can remember waking up sweating and crying after that dreadful nightmare. It explains why I have so much trust issues these days.

Usually any dream where my brother dies (which happens very often), but I think the worst one was the nuclear bomb one where he died a painful death. It was awful.

When I was in the fifth grade I dreamt that I was walking around my school at night. As expected the only light was from the moon. Several students were patrolling the hallways. What was different was that they all had Vulpix heads with piercing red eyes. I snuck around a few in the library before they noticed. The dream ended with 7 or 8 Vulpix headed students surrounding and biting me.
I imagined this playing out like Zelda 64 when slipping past the castle guards. Except with humanoid Vulpixes with spears and in 64 bit graphics. I've had weird fever dreams like that before.

I know this is about real nightmares, but I've had a dream where I was being chased by specters in a labyrinth maze. They could phase through walls so it was easy for them to keep up with me. Eventually one flew through a long stretch of wall to my left. I ran right into them as they stabbed me. I woke up with an intense pain like someone had actually stabbed me. No bleeding, no marks, just the pain. It was weird how my mind made me feel the pain.

Back