• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Your Top 3 Anime

Mine would be...

-Dragonball Z ( Or any DB series as a whole) Due to it being my first Anime and I just love Vegeta.
-Kakuriyo (Bed and Breakfast for Spirits) Such a good Anime.
-The Ancient Magus' Bride

hmmm probably
1 - jojo's bizarre adventure
2 - death note
3 - devilman crybaby

Last edited:
1. Death Note - doubt I will see anything better :p
2. Monster
3. Sword Art Online

Special mention to Tokyo Ghoul :)

uhhh bakuman, durarara and zankyou no terror or something like that. i don't watch anime anymore but those are some i have on my favourite list on myanimelist

mob psycho 100, madoka magica, and the third is a toss up between kaiba, houseki no kuni, and k-on!

Dragonball Z, Naruto, One Punch Man.

definitely these
1. puella magi madoka magica
i don't really have anything to say about this other than it's well known for a reason, it's just a really dang good anime

2. popee the performer
weird 3d anime that extremely appeals to my interests. it's almost entirely like... weird slapstick i guess? i'm not sure how to describe it?? it also has no talking until the last episode, just music n sound effects. i don't think it's for everyone but if the myanimelist description sounds interesting to you i think it's worth checking out! all the eps are about 4 mins long and they're all on youtube :D

3. devilman: the birth & the demon bird (the OVAs not crybaby)
rlly good adaption of the manga and the first devilman related things i ever saw! they're genuinely good ovas and i would still love them if they didn't have it but the bad english dub increases my love for it tenfold. these are also on youtube and are about an hour each!

HONORABLE MENTIONS....: nichijou, mob psycho 100, and fullmetal alchemist:brotherhood

Last edited:
Death Note (suuuuper fantastic anime, plus I made a very close friend because of it), Steins;Gate (a masterpiece of an anime) and while it's a little newer so I'm unsure if it's truly in my top 3 or if I'm still just feeling the hype, but The Promised Neverland was so. good.

1. Shiki
2. Sailor Moon
3. Rozen Maiden

The first two were really easy for me to pick. Shiki is an absolute masterpiece. The story is emotional and thought-provoking, the characters are carefully developed, and the OST is beautiful. The only thing I will say is that the quirky art style might not be for everyone, lol. Sailor Moon is a classic and created a whole new generation of anime lovers. It provides a variety of positive female role models, and it was such a big part of my childhood that I had to give it the second spot. As for Rozen Maiden, there are probably a few other series I like just as much, but I think I really connected with it because of how much I like dolls, and because I could really relate to the feelings of one of the characters.

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood: I appreciate what both Fullmetal Alchemist, the 2003 series, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood brought to the table in their own ways but I personally prefer Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for being more faithful to the manga as written by Hiromu Arakawa. It's just a fantastic series with a really fun story, great characters, good humor, good emotional weight, and a nice soundtrack. The 2003 series definitely did a better job with the bits that it had adapted from the manga, so that's unfortunate in Brotherhood's case, but I still prefer Brotherhood.

Yu Yu Hakusho: One of my earliest exposures to shounen anime and to this day a series that still holds up. The cast, especially the main four, are all pretty fun and iconic. The Dark Tournament and Chapter Black sagas are both excellent and the villains of those arcs are quite memorable; I especially adore Shinobu Sensui, the villain of the Chapter Black arc, who really resonated with me when I was watching the series and has been pretty influential to me in some or my own creative endeavors. It's a shame that the art took a hit toward the end of the series during the last bit of Chapter Black and at points during the Three Kings arc since things were obviously winding down, but it's still enjoyable enough. It's also somewhat of a shame that the anime adaptation didn't get to show the final case in Spirit World, though we did get that OVA a year or so ago that showed us that and it's probably for the best that way.

It also had, for the most part, a pretty great dub and one that I prefer since it was the way I engaged with the series first. I'd still recommend it to people to check out. I still need to get around to watching Hunter x Hunter though, which was written by the same author (Yoshihiro Togashi), since I've heard that it's quite good.

One Piece: This one is a bit looser in the standings than the other two for a few reasons and could likely be unseated by something else. There's way too much filler that runs overlong and that I have no interest in and skip. Some things even in the main story take absolutely forever (hi Dressrosa). There is a disgusting amount of episodes and still no end in sight, which makes it difficult for people to want to get into. Some issues and artistic decisions are handled...disappointingly. Despite all that, what it does well it does very well. It's a grand adventure with a fun cast and it will pull at your heartstrings at points. Oh, I can't stand to watch the dub though, the subs work way better for me and the original Japanese fits some characters like Scratchmen Apoo and Admiral Kizaru way better.

Other honorable mentions would be Azumanga Daioh, Cowboy Bebop, Dragon Ball/Z/Kai/Super, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Ouran High School Host Club, Paranoia Agent, Psycho-Pass, Samurai Champloo, and Trigun off the top of my head. I'm probably forgetting some stuff, but hey. Some other good stuff I have passing familiarity with but need more exposure to would be Detective Conan and the various Lupin the III series; I saw what aired on [adult swim] years ago but need to see more of both. I especially hear good things about Lupin the III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine.

There are some highly regarded things that I still need to get around to watching in full that might become favorites and/or shake up my favorites, such as Attack on Titan, basically anything Gundam (never seen any of the various series but some friends highly regard some of them), the previously mentioned Hunter x Hunter, My Hero Academia, Neon Genesis Evangelion (I've at least seen some bits of it, particularly the last episode and the movie End of Evangelion but not every episode), Outlaw Star, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Serial Experiments Lain, and numerous others. A good portion of what I've seen was aired on the original Toonami blocks years ago and early [adult swim], though others like JoJo's came to my attention through social circles in recent years.

I'd say Fairy tail in the first place as it was my first anime and the one I've actually watched the most episodes of. (I think I'm around episode 215-220 now, however I'm way past that as I currently read the manga.)
It holds a very special place in my heart and I just love it. I love the characters and the whole magic aspect of it, it's exactly what I'm searching for in a magic/fantasy anime. Although it may be super cheesy and annoying with the whole "frienship will win" thing, I still like it a lot.

Second would be Re:zero kara hajimeru isekai seikatsu, I loved it. I'm not a fan of gore but I can tolerate it in animes. However this anime litteraly mindfxcked me. I remember watching it at 4am, crying because I couldn't see how would the anime end well, I was so tired mentally, it was a very hard anime to watch for me. But I loved it, I loved the musics and the characters (I even cosplayed as Felix Argyle hehe), and the scenario was very cool too!

Third would be either Charlotte or Punchline. Both were super cool. While Punchline is very short, the story is just super duper amazing and so are the characters! I've had lots of fun watching this one.
And as for Charlotte, well I felt like the ending was maybe a bit too rushed but overrall it's a very very cool anime with an amazing plot. I loved the realistic world combined with the little superpowers which made my imagination... inspired I'd say.

So yeah hehe.

My Top 3 Anime are (These are not listed in any particular order):

• Yu Yu Hakusho - Added this anime in my top 3 because it has good action scenes and hilarious moments as well as enjoyable main and supporting cast. The English opening of the anime is such a bop and the art style of the anime still looks good despite being an old anime. Never watched the anime in Japanese; however, the English Dub cast did a nice job on voicing their characters. I would definitely 100% recommend this anime to watch if you need a new anime to watch.

• The Rising of the Shield Hero - Though the English Dub of the anime isn't finished... It has made it to one of my top 3 anime out of all the anime that I've seen. The first episode made a huge impact on me and made me want to watch more of the episodes. Whenever I was watching the anime... I found it weird and interesting that Naofumi (Shield Hero) was treated badly compared to the other heroes. Made me question on what was so bad being the "Shield Hero" since I thought wielding a shield as a weapon would make you like a tank or something. It just seemed really weird to me as I was watching the anime. Since it had bothered me so much I went a little digging and found something interesting about it. The shield has something to do with demi-humans from what I've found. Whether the information is true or not is something I am unsure of. Don't think the anime explained much about things about the shield just yet, but there were some foreshadowing that might make it true.

The English Dub cast for the anime so far seems pretty good to me. Don't know about the Japanese version of the anime so I can't comment on that. Though... The opening song and ending song are awesome.

• Shokugeki no Soma - I was a bit skeptical when I discovered this anime. Found out that it was an anime about cooking and I wasn't sure if I should watch it or not. Gave the first season a chance then ended up watching more seasons of it and the OVAs. The food they made in the anime look really good that I actually want to try some of them. Reactions of people eating these foods was something that I found funny since their reactions would be over the top.

I've listed this as one of my top 3 anime is because the anime makes cooking pretty interesting whenever I was watching the anime. The culinary aspect is pretty interesting in and of itself. Makes me want to try cooking some of these dishes myself; however, I'm not really skilled a cooking to attempt them. Don't have that much experience when it comes to cooking.
Doing this list was actually pretty hard for me. I've watched so much anime that it was really difficult to narrow them down to a Top 3.

Back