• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

will you stop playing when new horizons comes out?

For one, it's on a phone, and that overheats the internal battery..

I want to live my actual real life, and don't have time to maintain two AC games.

The mobile game was a short diversion until the real deal.

I guess you have an old model or faulty phone, or too many other apps?

I mean I get if someone got bored or think PC is pretty bad.. I do too but phone games are basically what I got time for, so there it is for me. I would tbh play more PC because of the costs of switch+game+internet etc so it's also a factor. I don't think people should ditch it until they actually close it though for one or other reason.

i'll probably still continue playing here and there, i do enjoy grinding for the event items and so that's what i'll most likely be doing. i don't spend too much time in it anyways for me to completely stop playing with NH comes out!

I guess you have an old model or faulty phone, or too many other apps?

I mean I get if someone got bored or think PC is pretty bad.. I do too but phone games are basically what I got time for, so there it is for me. I would tbh play more PC because of the costs of switch+game+internet etc so it's also a factor. I don't think people should ditch it until they actually close it though for one or other reason.

Nope. I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy s10.

Phones aren't really meant for games that require a constant conection.

Also I never use mobile apps.

As I said also, the game was a temporary thing, and I don't have time for both, and even if I did, I wouldn't keep playing the mobile game. Although some of the items were good, the game wasn't much fun.

Last edited:
I'll most likely stop when NH comes out. I picked Pocket Camp up again last week because I'm so excited for NH and need some AC in my life right now. My NL town hasn't been played in years, so there wasn't really an incentive to hop back on and just pull weeds for hours...

well, i will probably just play it while i'm out on the go. it's pretty convenient. i usually play it when i'm out anyways. so, i don't really think i'd play it any less. (i don't play it as much as it is.)

yes, i will stop playing. not a huge fan of the leaf ticket system but i liked collecting items and villagers. when new horizons comes out i'll have that itch scratched :)

absolutely. I dropped the game a long time ago and only picked it up a few weeks ago to satiate the anticipation for NH. It's honestly a really drab game imo :/ AC + microtransactions take away the feeling

I'd LIKE to say I will keep playing, but if I do, it certainly won't be anywhere near as frequently. I won't be on top of the events anymore, or anything. Especially since I have two camps... Yeah, it's not gonna happen. I'll play long enough to get the stuff from Pocket Camp in New Horizons, and then it's anyone's guess.

I'd LIKE to say I will keep playing, but if I do, it certainly won't be anywhere near as frequently. I won't be on top of the events anymore, or anything. Especially since I have two camps... Yeah, it's not gonna happen. I'll play long enough to get the stuff from Pocket Camp in New Horizons, and then it's anyone's guess.

yeah, the crossover event is a bit interesting. it's probably to keep players playing pocket camp even after new horizons comes out and to be honest, it might work a little for me because i want all the items........

yeah, the crossover event is a bit interesting. it's probably to keep players playing pocket camp even after new horizons comes out and to be honest, it might work a little for me because i want all the items........

Yes, I'll probably log in (to both accounts) every day for the login bonuses, if nothing else, but Pocket Camp for me lost its appeal when it went from OCCASIONALLY having leaf-ticket items to the MAJORITY of event items being leaf ticket only. Not to mention the fortune cookies. I'll keep an eye on it, but it'll probably only be for anything that benefits New Horizons specifically.

I mostly play at breakfast so I'll keep doing that. I'm very casual about it. Intrigued to see the New Horizons items.

I don?t have a Switch, so I?ll stick with Pocket Camp. Besides, it?s so much more convenient to have the game on your phone as you can take it anywhere you go (even at work lol). Yea, it?s repetitive, but I still like the features of PC.

Before, I didn't think I would quit but now thinking about it, I definitely won't be playing as often as I do now simply because I won't have the time. I already know NH will consume a lot of hours, that as well as work, it just won't be a main priority anymore.

More than likely not, I will just play during uni breaks, I don't feel like bringing an expensive Switch to my uni just to play for an hour. Or at the very least, I'll login each day for the bonuses and to see what fortune cookies are on offer.

Honestly, no. I only started playing again to scratch the itch before New Horizons comes out, and it's been less than a day and I'm already remembering why I stopped playing it. I don't think it's got the same relaxing air as main-series Animal Crossing games.

Honestly i’m excited to not have to play pocket camp anymore. This ACNH event is the perfect way to celebrate my final 5 days of playing, lol.
I’ll update my campground and cabin and then probably touch the game once every six months after that!

I probably won’t stop playing completely, but I definitely won’t be playing as much as I do. I’ll probably just log on every day to get the daily bonuses and collect the resources my camp helper has collected and then log off. I can’t imagine I’ll have much spare time to do anything else once NH is released :D

PC stopped being fun when we stopped having down time and they pushed events constantly. Honestly, it feels like a chore now.

I'll play to get the crossover items, but then I'll likely get rid of the game. I'd rather focus on NH instead.

Back