• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Why are your dreamies dreamies?

Let's see...

Broccolo was my first mouse villager in an old town, and then I had an all-mouse town that ended when my 3DS was stolen, so now he is in my new town, Fromage!
Cranston, I like how he's based on a Stork and has so many cradles in his home xD
Antonio and Hopper were two of my ex-best friend's villagers, so why not continue the dream~
Pietro was an accidental move-in in another town, and I loved him so much!
Nana, well, I used to be obsessed with monkeys, so there you go cx she's the cutest monkey next to Champ, who isn't in this game :(
Tia is an elephant, I don't know, I just like her design, a LOT.
Bluebear is so adorable! I always talk to her first thing in the morning, I guess you can see she's my second favorite!
Purrl is probably the only cute Snooty, so, there you go :shrug.gif: I also LOVE her exterior...
Hazel, Hazel, Hazel, the only cute Uchi I guess. I like her design, and she's just too cute for a squirrel!

There we go, that's why I love my dreamies, I think...

Last edited:
I dont really have any specific dreamies because I usually accept what I get in the game...

but here they are:

1. Merengue - because I love her design.. she looks so cute with her strawberry horn..
2. Phoebe - OMG shes a phoenix like character.
3. Fauna - at first i didnt get why people liked her... i met her at my campsite and realized how cute she is. she's simple but cute.
4. Julian - he is so sparkly and glittery and he has a horn. he is a unicorn... what is not to love. I make him say SPARKLE as a greeting and he ends it with the catchphrase GLITTER. and his room is so ethereal.. amazing

i am looking for:
1. rudy - omg he is so adorable. the only jock i am looking.. Hamlet who i have is okay.
2. carmen - she is my first villager ever in new leaf and i kinda want to have her back for nostalgia

I just love julian because he's an adorable fabulous unicorn who's catchphrase is "glitter"! And ever since he's moved into my town he's been nothing than lovely, he always gives me gifts without asking for anything in return! The best ones were a wistful painting and regal bed for free ^.^ He's super sweet and although his personality is "smug" i don't see it all.

Well, at first I didn't like Sparro that much. He was a starting villager in my first town, but the more I talked to him, I started to like him more and more. When I was really attached to Sparro he moved out by accident when I was trying to get Chops to move out. I was so angry and sad that my favorite villager was gone, so I started up a new town to get him back quicker, I was so happy when I got him back. Its really Sparro's personality that appeals me, which I find surprising since I hate sports. X3

I've never developed a full list of dreamies, as some of them seem(ed) pretty unattainable, so I've never put them all down in any kind of set list. I've been pretty hands-off in terms of looking for dreamies. I've just waited to see who shows up. Of the ones listed in my profile:

Pietro: I'm a knitter and spinner and he's not just a sheep--he's a CLOWN SHEEP and just so weird. And that catchphrase. I run around after him yelling "HONK HONK". His house does my head in, but it just adds to the weirdness. He is so going to start buying the kiddie set at Re-Tail. Call me a shepherd.
Marcel: He's a mime! He's named after Marcel Marceau! His face paint is adorable! He just started as an idle, "Oh, isn't he interesting-looking," which morphed into a Must. Have. Marcel. thing. I really enjoy the Japanese-themed homes, so he fits on that front as well.
Pekoe: Same kinda deal as Marcel. I was captivated by her interesting eyes and the cute ear/hairbun thing. Her home is beautiful. I wished for her on my birthday last Sept and eventually got her through the trading plaza just a couple of weeks ago.

Other vague dreamies that I'll take if the chance is offered but I wouldn't compete/fight for them:
Ankha: She's an Egyptian cat. I own 4 IRL cats. I used to work at my city's museum, including doing kids' classes in the Egypt exhibit. And so she'd be like an AC version of part of my life-history.
Jacques: I'm Canadian and he's like a little French-Canadian birdguy, with that amazing tuque.
Peck: His eyes are creepy as all get-out. I'm convinced he's a tribute to Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds.
Genji: Love his appearance!
Rhonda: Her colouring appeals to me.

And then Kiki and Bob and Nan and Chief, purely because they were all in previous AC games of mine, so I have a soft spot for them all.

I've got peitro and I'm trying to actually get rid of him!If you don't have him, I'd be happy to give him to you! (maybe for just one hybrid flower ;)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've never developed a full list of dreamies, as some of them seem(ed) pretty unattainable, so I've never put them all down in any kind of set list. I've been pretty hands-off in terms of looking for dreamies. I've just waited to see who shows up. Of the ones listed in my profile:

Pietro: I'm a knitter and spinner and he's not just a sheep--he's a CLOWN SHEEP and just so weird. And that catchphrase. I run around after him yelling "HONK HONK". His house does my head in, but it just adds to the weirdness. He is so going to start buying the kiddie set at Re-Tail. Call me a shepherd.
Marcel: He's a mime! He's named after Marcel Marceau! His face paint is adorable! He just started as an idle, "Oh, isn't he interesting-looking," which morphed into a Must. Have. Marcel. thing. I really enjoy the Japanese-themed homes, so he fits on that front as well.
Pekoe: Same kinda deal as Marcel. I was captivated by her interesting eyes and the cute ear/hairbun thing. Her home is beautiful. I wished for her on my birthday last Sept and eventually got her through the trading plaza just a couple of weeks ago.

Other vague dreamies that I'll take if the chance is offered but I wouldn't compete/fight for them:
Ankha: She's an Egyptian cat. I own 4 IRL cats. I used to work at my city's museum, including doing kids' classes in the Egypt exhibit. And so she'd be like an AC version of part of my life-history.
Jacques: I'm Canadian and he's like a little French-Canadian birdguy, with that amazing tuque.
Peck: His eyes are creepy as all get-out. I'm convinced he's a tribute to Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds.
Genji: Love his appearance!
Rhonda: Her colouring appeals to me.

And then Kiki and Bob and Nan and Chief, purely because they were all in previous AC games of mine, so I have a soft spot for them all.

I've got peitro and I'm trying to actually get rid of him!If you don't have him, I'd be happy to give him to you! (maybe for just one hybrid flower ;)

i actually have very deep explanations for most of my dreamies lol
Mitzi: first of all she's cat. when i first got AC the gamecube version, Mitzi was in my town. She was the cutest thing and she lived right next to my house. Me and my sister used to fight over who got to play ac in the morning and we would try to wake up earlier than the other to play. it got so bad my mom had to set time limits for us lol. Mitzi was both of our favorite villager. We would fight over which of us she liked better (no way more fighting) and we would try to win her over by sending her letters and gifts
Marshal: i just learned of him in New leaf. I got him by random chance and he's a huge anime nerd
Cousteau: he was also in my gamecube town and i thought he was so cute and me and my sister didn't know how to pronounce his name so we would call him coost yet ah lol. We pretended him and Tad were bffs. Cousteau was also in my city folk town and in my wild world town.
Filbert: my bffl's nickname is Philbert and he's an adorable squirrel so why not
Ankha: she shares my birthday AND she's a cat woaaahhhh
Agent S: she was in my city folk town and we quickly became best friends and she called me Agent M and then one day she moved away cuz i didn't play for a while and i was devastated
don't really have any reasoning on the other ones

Last edited:
Lets see... (these are not in order)
1.Olivia-She is ULTRA cool and I love her style!
2.Kitty-Same as Olivia-totally awesome!
3.Daisy-One of the cutest dogs I've ever seen-also she is normal,and I would like sitting in her cosy home listening to her talk about food! ;)
4.Sprinkle-SO CUTE-her house is great and she can be friends with anyone!
5.Phoebe-No need to explain! She's the best! And also Uchi which is great!
6.Deidre-A lovely dear! Who wouldn't want her? one of the cutest Uchi's!
7.Stitches-CUTE AND LAZY!!!! first time i layed eyes on him, I knew he was one of the best villagers for me!
8.Zell-His house is so classy, moved out of my town ages ago, BUT I WANT HIM BACK! ;)
9.Beau-I don't really need to explain, he's just so cute, and adorable
10.Diana-her house is angelic and she's just so pretty, she seemed friendly enough to me when i talked to her! VERY cool snooty

I have none of my dreamies which is very sad, even when i try so hard to help everyone else, and I've only seen one of my villagers on sale but it was in TBT and I don't even know what that is :)

I pick my dreamies off of looks. If they're cute I want them lol.

Ankha the Egyptian Queen? Sold. Tiffany the snooty, goth rabbit. Lol. Baabara, I mean her name is enough for me. And Bianca a peppy snow leopard? Adorable.

Lolly
Katt
Tangy
Purrl
Tabby
Rudy
Tom
Lionel
Kabuki
Punchy

I am going for a all cat town in Abstract and I wanted a equal gender ratio and 1 villager of every personality c:

Right now in my town I'm looking to complete this "set"...
Going fom my favs to the..."slightly less favs" I suppose XD

Victoria: Fell in love with her as soon as I first saw her. I already love AC horses in general but she's just so unique. Even her name ties into her gimmick of being a race horse... plus she's a peppy, and peppies are just adorable in general.

Skye: I've always loved that sky-inspired colour scheme of light blue and white, in every form of media. So obviously she instantly became one of my faves.

Vladimir: I suppose I mainly like the contrast between his pink fur and the fact that he's a cranky male villager (since imo crankies are the most "serious" of male villagers). Also, you know, he's a bear cub <3

Doc: Really? A cute little librarian/teache bunny with glasses? REALLY? Shut up and get in my town!!!

Beau: Cute. Fits my simple/country inspired town. Cool house interior. Nuff said.

Muffy: Love sheep, love uchis, and she's perhaps the only villager that manages to be a goth without having a total ***** face (looking at you, Tiffany).

Anicotti: Here I'm just biased because I'm italian lol. As a rule every town of mine needs at least one "tiny" (mouse, hamster or squirrel) villager so.... I'll have some free cannoli with that.

Jaques: Yes he looks like a hobo, until he invites you over and you see his sick interior decorating. The guy's a total modern musical artist. I'm sure there are many other music-oriented villagers, but I still like the fact that an animal that "sings" irl has a complete electronic sound set in this game.
His name even reminds me of Jontron's bird lol.

Tipper: Same as Beau. Also love her shirt. Trying my best not to ever let her change it XD

Drift: Cool house, and just LOOK at that happy face!

Other villagers that I love but couldn't fit in my town: Julian (fab unicorn is fab), Pietro (so much hate for such a cute sheep. WHY?), Knox (knights and birds are two favs of mine) and Tia (lovely living teapot, also the only elephant I can tolerate)

Last edited:
Just so you know, I find my dreamies from either past towns, seeing them in another town/in game (Chuggaconroys lp XD) or from getting to know them in my own town when they moved in:

Molly: She's my best friend and I had her as a starter in ACNL. I liked her BEFORE I even knew about the tiers and villager bidding in general. And I'm keeping her forever!

Marshal: I knew he was super-duper popular so when I found Makoto's auction the other day and no one posted, I took advantage of it and got him at a low price of 100 tbt. He's awesome so far :3 http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?311895-Marshal-for-TBT-adopted

Biskit/Nate: For Biskit, it is both Chuggaaconroy's lp and the fact that he's adorable. For Nate it is the fact that he was a starter and I've loved him ever since I met him.

Static: I had him in WW and CF, and he was AWESOME! I have his flooring and favorite song in my house in honor of him. I've wanted him for so long now!

Grizzly: Moved in while I wasn't playing for a while. When I saw him I recognized him somehow... I talk to him a ton, write him letters a lot, send him gifts... he's my bro.

Bruce: Moved while on Hiatus, it really sucked when I found out about his move.

Ankha: Starter, loved her, but she moved :-(

Whitney: Moved in recently, she's nice and pretty cool too.

Felicity: So kawaii (in town too)

Stinky: He's a masked wrestler cat that has the name Stinky. What's NOT to love?!?

Last edited:
A few are dreamies because I saw them and fell in love. A few became dreamies for different reasons. Some simply grew on me over time.

1) Rosie: Rosie became a dreamie while I was watching MadameWario's Wild World playthrough. I thought she looked so adorable and she's also my favorite color~ Watching her prance around Madame's town was fun, so I decided I would try to get Rosie on my own, and I nabbed her the first opportunity I got~

2) Lolly: Lolly's colors, personality, and her slight resemblance to my late kitty all influenced my decision to get her. She's a very kind soul who has proven herself as a true friend. She almost never asks to move. She's always the one to inform me of animals moving. I often say "LollySavesLives" because she truly does x3 She's the reason I was able to master my cycling method and I've come to really trust her.

3) Kid Cat: Kid Cat was purely aesthetic. I love the superhero animals and while I had Agent S for a time, I wanted a Jock, I had 2 other Peppies, and Agent S kept fighting with Celia back when she still existed. So in the end, I went with Kid Cat. Now I actually do not mind the Jock personality at all, but KC definitely got the "jerkier" shades of Jock in his mixture. But I can't fault him because for all of his jerky moments, he has definitely given me some laughs and memories. Anyone who says they're "crying sports drink" is a winner in my book.

4) Ankha: Ankha was a surprise dreamie. Kitty was my original snooty and I had no plans to get rid of her, but Ankha and I had a bit of a fateful encounter. She was also the first animal I received on Belltree~ I came to realize that Ankha and I clicked better than I clicked with Kitty, and I love her Egyptian theme. So in the end, Ankha won a place in my heart.

5: Lucha: Lucha is my all time favorite villager and he came purely by accident. He was my first move-in and I originally had no desire to keep him. But man, the Smug personality is really good on him, and he turned out to be such a cool dude that when he finally asked to move, I just couldn't let him go. The personality definitely suits him better (for me) than animals like Julian, so he became a favorite and a keeper.

6. Lobo: Lobo is just hilarious and says odd and questionable things. I've always loved the Cranky persona, but Lobo has gotten so high on my list because he took it and made it 10x better than I originally thought. While I'm not a huge fan of the wolves in general, Lobo adds a lot of flavor and uniqueness to my town, and his personality just fits him like a glove. He was also one of my original 5 and is currently Loki's eldest resident, and that's how he shall forever remain.

7. Phoebe: Phoebe replaced Shari as my Uchi mostly based on aesthetics. I still love Shari but I wanted a cool Phoenix and Phoebe was just knocking at the back of my head for so long that I just had to get her. No regrets so far, but if I ever get another town I am definitely hunting Shari down again. She's my 2nd favorite Uchi~

8. Flurry: SHE'S A LITTLE SNOWBALL OF CUTE AND FLUFF AND I JUST HAD TO GET HER. I don't have the vocabulary to go further with this.

9. Puck: Puck was a chosen by my boyfriend, so he's special. We both like penguins and I like how his look betrays his personality. He's beyond cute and the mission I embarked on to adopt him made him all the more memorable. In fact, Puck is the reason I came to Belltree in the first place~

10. Bunnie: Bunnie was my 2nd choice to Flurry and I had decided to save her for a 2nd town, but I just couldn't resist her. She's such a cutiepie. Giving up my precious Snake wasn't easy, but I know he and I will be neighbors again someday. In the meantime, Bunnie has made more of an impact and more of a connection with me and the town in general, so I feel she was a good choice~

Everyone had their dreamies sorted but honestly I had no idea who I wanted in my town, so I took every single villager and chopped them down to 20-something who were all there for various reasons. I didn't decide on all ten dreamies, but here's how far I got:

Fang: I really like wolves and I really like his design. ;u; I was introduced to him through Onisuu, who draws him adorably, which I'm sure helped in making me love him.
Flurry: I'm a huuuge fan of hamsters, Flurry is adorable and she looks identical to my sister's hamster (but she doesn't look after it so it's practically mine.)
Freya: After casting off the shackles of internalised misogyny, pink has become one of my new favourite colours. And I love the way she wears it - it's girly and it's feminine and at the same time it's powerful and bold. >o< Plus I love wolves.
Hamphrey: The first hamster I encountered in game when he moved to my town. In looks he reminds me a lot of my own hamster, Dok, and I just love the Japanese theme of his house. Also, see above, I love hamsters so much. >o<
Lolly: In my original AC:NL town I had Tangy and Lolly as starters, and boy didn't I realise how lucky I was. Now I've restarted, I really really really want her back. I first met her when I ran into her in the city in AC:CF and talked to her for HOURS in hope she'd say some dialogue that would allow me to persuade her to move to my town. Plus, cats are one of my irl favourite animals.
Marina: Very cute, a character I've wanted since my first game on Wild World. The rarity of octopus villagers sort of adds to the thrill of owning her too.
Marshal: Everyone's favourite. I love Animal Crossing chipmunks. I loved Filbert and Blaire and Peanut and Pecan and Caroline when they used to live in my ACWW towns, and Marshal is my new baby. I'd be lying if I didn't sort of have my eye on his sloppy furniture too. That has to be the nicest set in game, why does it have to be so rare?!
Merengue: A camper, who I originally invited in because I thought I could trade her for some of my more expensive dreamies. But I just immediately fell in love with her. Now she's going nowhere!

I'm not sure who my last two dreamies will be yet. Dotty and Filbert have a lot of sentimental value, but so far it looks like it's more likely to be Apple or Zucker who fill those spaces, just for their designs, I guess, and other reasons that I've already said about other characters. Skye is growing on me too.

Back