• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Why are the animals called villagers?

KeatAlex

Not That Innocent
Bells
Switch
5631-3744-4512
Spring Sakura
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Silver Mailbox
If we have a town why don't we call them townsfolk/towns people. Wouldn't we need to have a village to have villagers? What is this conspiracy??

We can also call them "Residents" But we are used to saying villagers. Our villagers we want are called "Dream Villagers", but we call them "Dreamies" because A, its short. And B, we're used to that.

That is actually true lmao. We should be calling them townsfolk instead cause it is confirmed we live in a town.

We can also call them "Residents" But we are used to saying villagers. Our villagers we want are called "Dream Villagers", but we call them "Dreamies" because A, its short. And B, we're used to that.

I understand, I was just meaning the official terminology.

I think we call them Villagers because it is extremely small. I brief search suggests some English-speaking countries would consider it a hamlet, as we have around thirty (if you count all the NPCs) full time residents.

I've always called them neighbours, even though their houses aren't all adjacent to mine.

Usually if I'm referring to just my villagers I'll call them my neighbors, while I use villagers for any of them.

The fact that if you have too many trees and less than 10 pwps, your villagers aren't happy and your town isn't considered 100%...it certainly isn't a village!! Especially once you develop T&T to its final department store version. I think we should call them townies.

Though I do like calling it a hamlet, doing that now.

i just picked up on what everyone else said tbh, otherwise i'd probably call them residents, or maybe even just "animals" lol

I used to call them town residents/neighbors/the animals when I was still new to the game until I saw this chart for the first time: "Villager Popularity"

I was like "Oh, they're suppose to be called villagers" :D It's easier to remember and say, I guess.

Back