• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

What’s your silliest use of the Rescue Service?

Pyoopi

greedy heart stealer
Staff
Project Staff
Artist
Bells
Island
TeeheeTiki
Toy Hammer
Coconut
Pink Heart Balloon
Coconut
Toy Hammer
Coconut
Banana
Toy Hammer
Banana
Coconut
I definitely had a few close calls while I was planting my newest jungle area and almost cornered myself with palm trees. Welcome to the palm tree fight club. Then it made me think, have I ever used the Rescue Service? Yes, in a dream address island.

This island had a strict method of corralling you through tiny paths that would weave into inclines and giant forests. I was trying to get back to Luna and managed to go in a complete circle twice (that's fun). Even looking at the map was useless because of the controlled paths and no tools given. I was so glad the Rescue Service worked in a dream address because I would have probably become tree food.

RS-small.png
So what's a funny moment where you had to use the Rescue Service?
RS-small.png

The only time I use Rescue Service is if I'm too lazy to even go back to my home or if I just need to get somewhere faster. The funny moment that happened to me was when I shook a tree and the wasp nest fell. I forgot I didn't have a net with me so I had to quickly call Rescue Service and they were able to get me out of there. That is when I told myself "Always carry a net when shaking trees"

Honestly, I don’t recall ever using it at all, lmao. If I’m ever stuck somewhere I’d need a rescue service, I’ll just save and return to my house. I’ve never utilized the actual rescue feature.

I have only used it once and it was because I was trying to build this water feature at the back cliffs of my island and I got stuck so I had to use it haha

Other than that I don't believe I have used it since :)

I think it was just nothing being wrong but I wanted to see how it worked. I think I was just on the beach.

Why do you even ask? You were there:

1674507975940.jpeg

(Context: you cannot push a player who is talking or using a reaction, such as sitting down)

I honestly can't remember the last time I used it. Getting stuck doesn't seem likely unless you actually make an effort to get stuck. I can see where it'd be useful on the more maze/labyrinth-like islands, but my town layouts are so simple that I could run where I need to get faster than the time it takes to dial Rescue Services and go through their dialogue and cutscene

I think I only used it once on my very first island that I had — because I wanted to see if you to got Nook miles from using it the first time, lol

Back