• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Whats the funniest thing you've made your villagers say?

probablycloudy

Rainbow Sheep
Bells
Like either has a greeting, or a catch phrase, or anything they'll ask you about changing.

Mine so far is making Pietro say 'Gluten Tag' has a greeting, because I couldn't think of anything I would like seeing often, and a dumb pun(?) seemed like the best idea at the time. So far it's still pretty funny.

My sister has some pretty explicit sayings her villagers say lol.

I make Octavian's greeting, "Yo, suckafoo!" and he stole Lolly's catchphrase of "Fur reals!". And paired with his tough appearance, and cranky attitude, Octavian looks like some sort of funny wannabe gangster that wanders around town shouting slang and ebonics at the other villagers lol.

Eh... I changed Whitney's greeting to "moon moon". You know, the dumb wolf meme. It's actually more cute than funny when she says it lol. I also changed Chief's to "suh dude".

I don't think I've ever had my villagers say any expletives though. Maybe I'd do it if I really disliked them but I've been fond of most of my villagers.
I'm maybe too nice

I thought it would be funny to make a "ship war" in my town, though I think I need to do some diving since most of my villagers (moved in via amiibo) still have their default catchphrases. But I got Wolfgang saying one ship in the show and Fuchsia saying another, and I think one of them passed theirs onto Olivia.

SKye, a very kind-hearted villager, asked me to change her catchphrase. It went from normal to salutations to DEATH TO ALL! So, now when she greets people, she gives a freidnyl warm impression of a crazed psychopath.

it's been 3 years and this is still the best thing I've done in this game:
HNI_0019 (3).JPG

Beau would say "cocklick"
No idea why... :p
"Saltlick" is my favorite catchphrase in the game lol... and it can be modified XD.

Last edited:
I made Fang say, "Vrrroooom!" Because of his low voice, he sounded like a running motor.

Also, Iggly always yelled, "Feed me!"

Lucky pinged me to change his greeting today and I decided to just go with "'Sup, dude" but... I was honestly SO tempted to change it to "wassaaaaaaaaaap". The only reason I didn't do it is because my friend yelled at me for it LOL

When Diva was still living in my town, I made her catchphrase "my lord."
"Chloe, who did this to your face? LET ME AT EM'! Oh, you just got stung by a bee, here use this. Be more careful out there, my lord!"

I just make the mice say meow lol ): I'm not very creative

I guess 'HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY' was a thing for a while too

i'm so not creative when it comes to things like this.
Merengue's current greeting is "Time to bake," which sort of has a double meaning... interpret how you will.

I like making villagers say "hoe" as their catchphrase.
now that I have Tex in my life again, I can't wait to make him say "blaze it" as catchphrase and "smoke weed erday" as greeting :^)
good time

Never really made them say anything funny, but some of the catch phrases are funny when I don't really have anything else to tell them to say. I gave peewee the greeting 'claudio' cus it just felt right? Idk

I gave a villager in my town Chocolat a funny but inappropriate greeting.. that I'm not going to repeat. lol

Back