• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What's Bothering You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does literally almost everyone pronounce Eli as Ellie. It's E-Lie. I think my partner was the only person to pronounce my name correctly without being told how to pronounce it first.

Why does literally almost everyone pronounce Eli as Ellie. It's E-Lie. I think my partner was the only person to pronounce my name correctly without being told how to pronounce it first.

Because Ellie(-ish) is the most common, at least here. Never heard E-lie til you wrote it out...

Because Ellie(-ish) is the most common, at least here. Never heard E-lie til you wrote it out...

True! I mean no offence at all to anyone who would read it and pronounce it like that! I just don't like correcting people all the time, that comes with having an uncommon name though

True! I mean no offence at all to anyone who would read it and pronounce it like that! I just don't like correcting people all the time, that comes with having an uncommon name though

Yeah I know the feel. My real life name is not that common either and people always spell or pronounce it wrong... kinda ugly too so I hope I can legally change it someday.

I've never heard someone pronounce the name Eli as Ellie
And I know quite a few people with that name so that's saying somethin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I need to finish my physics homework but I've pretty much already mentally checked out for the week since my last class ends tomorrow at 11am and I'm so ready for this week to be over omgggggggg

i feel like I might be getting sick oh my goddd noo I just started this job like a week ago I don't wanna be calling in already :(

I've just been informed that school will be back in session on Monday.

Well, time to finish that English assignment that I procrastinated for nearly two weeks!

I just downloaded A Link to the Past for my BSNES emulator, and it won't play. I thought maybe it was the game itself, but none of my other games work.

My NES roms work fine but god forbid the SNES roms work ^^"

i cant draw today
also i blocked my friend as a joke and i dont want to unblock her till i see her next because it would be insanely funny but i want to talk to her

I'm losing my mind and it feels as if I have no refuge. There's nothing I can do I'm just watching my life slowly slip away while everything around me seems perfectly fine. I am trapped, trapped, trapped. My mind is the only place I feel safe. Alone is safe. Alone is lonely. Even though I feel safe in my mind it's the worst place for me to be. It's where I was told that I am too fat to eat more than one decent size meal a day. It's where I'm thoroughly convinced that I will fail at anything I try to do. Where I am convinced that I am the family disappointment and that I will never amount to anything ever. My mind is a terrible place and i'm trapped inside with no way out other than death.
Death, it seems so inviting. It'll take me to a place where I no longer have to deal with these everyday trials and failures. Basically the only thing that's keeping me here, on this earth alive are the people around me. I don't want them to hurt because of me. I feel so empty and alone but when I see my teammates, friends, and family they show me how much they care and I feel torn. So torn. I can't put them through something like that. It's hard for me to understand why they light up and get so excited when they see me, I don't want to hurt them I just wonder what they see in me. Do they see me and love me for who I really am or do they only see the mask I wear everyday and love who I pretend to be?
Masks. Mines wearing down and getting harder and harder to wear all the time. My face has gone from a constant smile while resting to a look of unending sadness all the time (in less than a year). They're starting to notice and ask why I look so angry/sad all the time, I say it's nothing and that its how my face just is because it's too much to explain to them how I'm really feeling. I hate myself and know I'm not worth anything. Life is running away from me while I'm a prisoner to my own mind. The only way I feel in control of whats happening in my life is when I cut. It doesn't draw too much blood so its not super deep or anything but scabs and scars do show up so nobody would question it if they saw, they would know. A sharp needle once used to fix together fun pieces of art I crocheted and created, something I was good at and enjoyed but now I can't get myself to do it. The needle once used to fix and create is used to create different types of 'art' all up and down my wrists. A red and white zebra, that's what I've become. I need someone to save me. I know that only I can save myself but I'm not strong enough for it.
Help. Help. Help. Help me please. I'm lost. I'm trapped. I'm alone. So, so alone.

It has been announced that they'll be extending the school day and the school year due to the teacher walkout. In addition, they'll be cancelling Late Start Friday. Well, that's just fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back