• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Whatcha listening to?

Bul, I doubt half of America knows what Flamenco is.

Almost as many people would say, "Flamingo?" as people who would know it's a style of music.

DarthGohan1 said:

Almost as many people would say, "Flamingo?" as people who would know it's a style of music.
You are mistaken, my friend, and due to your distinct lack of taste (or actually, you don't WANT to have taste as far as I'm concerned), you delude yourself. All of the people I have met while "touring" my state (and that's a lot, mind you), know what flamenco is. I bet you didn't even try to ask anyone about it, so how would you know?

That's what you would say, I bet.

^_^

Bulerias said:
DarthGohan1 said:

You are mistaken, my friend, and due to your distinct lack of taste (or actually, you don't WANT to have taste as far as I'm concerned), you delude yourself. All of the people I have met while "touring" my state (and that's a lot, mind you), know what flamenco is. I bet you didn't even try to ask anyone about it, so how would you know?

^_^
If they're at a flamenco concert, of course they'll know what it is >.<

DarthGohan1 said:
Bulerias said:
DarthGohan1 said:

^_^
If they're at a flamenco concert, of course they'll know what it is >.<
It's not a flamenco concert, I don't only play flamenco.

^_^

/case and point

Oh, and I'm listening to

-captain hampton and the midget pirates (

:p )

-Pool Party

-Red Sweater!

-Super Rad

-Ska Boss

-Fashion Zombies

-Look At Me I'm a Winner

all by The Aquabats

Oh, my God.

I just managed to snag 9 full Pizzicato Five CDs, some of them containing songs that I haven't even heard the names of before... And wow. Some, or actually MOST, of these songs I will be listening to for years to come...

Postal Service- Such Great Heights

Muse- Starlight

Azzio de Bass- Lonely by your Side

The Good, The Bad, and The Queen- Herculean

And some other stuff.

Bulerias said:
DarthGohan1 said:

^_^
I have never heard any of that on the radio, and just because you see a few people at your concert doesn't mean half the world is in love with you, thats just egotism right there. >.>

the radio is mainstream, thats where most people hear music. When flamenco starts playing regularly on the radio i'll tell you, then you can say half the world is in love with you. : (

but until then... :throwingrottenapples:

Well I listen to punk syuff like:

Rancid, Operation Ivy, The Transplants, The Casualties, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, Strike Anywhere, Suicidal Tendancies, Bloodhound Gang and some others but those are my main i guess.

UltraByte said:
Muse- Starlight
: o

Me too. : D

most of that album sucks though... symmetry and absolution are the best albums. >.>

uhh anyway...

@bul - around here, and most places... the word "flamenco" means you. >.>

the only thing I complain about music is music wh-you know... y'know the people who only listen to the music thats on the top of the charts no matter how bad it sucks, and they also grind to it at the dances even though they're in grade 7/8...thats basically who I'm surrounded by.

Back