• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What should they add in the next update?

If I'm not mistaken, the original Animal Crossing had the ability to add up to 15 villagers... I'd really like it if the cap was 15, too! I'm not totally sure why future games never had that number again and why it was weeded down to only 10, but for myself, it would certainly help with not being able to pick only 10 without a lot of self-debate... I'd like to read about the reasoning.

I want to know this as well. The GC version was ahead of its time. I wonder if it has something to do with Nintendo not wanting people to realize that all villagers of the same personality are almost all the same? Though I'm not sure how many villagers were in City Folks?

I want to know this as well. The GC version was ahead of its time. I wonder if it has something to do with Nintendo not wanting people to realize that all villagers of the same personality are almost all the same? Though I'm not sure how many villagers were in City Folks?

The Gamecube version was a port of a Nintendo 64 game, you know. :oops:

The island is way too small for 16 villagers. The fact it lets you have 8 players and 10 villagers is pretty questionable, since New Horizon's island is only 6 acres larger than New Leaf's towns. 12 would be more reasonable, though.

If they let us have an option of 16-18 villagers or 8 players. But I would still be happy with 12, that two more dreamy to add to your island. Any increase is appreciated. 10 is just too little.
Post automatically merged:

The Gamecube version was a port of a Nintendo 64 game, you know. :oops:

Yeah I heard about it. That quite sad that NH map is smaller and with less villagers and waterdown mean personalities. I wish Nintendo could release all AC game to the switch. I want to play the GC version so badly on one console.

I wonder how much flexibility there is with the updates without it fundamentally affecting the game. For example upgrade to a 2nd floor of the musem, or introducing sea creatures to dive for as a whole new critterpedia category or adding gyroids.

Are we limited to season related mini updates or is almost anything possible (i.e. replace Harv island?)

Just got the ACNH guidebook and very nice it is but no gyroids mentioned and the guide specifically says no further building upgrades are necessary which is worrying. There is a note however that other things not in the guide may be added in the future.

Given the game copies 50/50 as to how extensive future upgrades will be.

QOL Enhancements.
Also, fix adoption bugs. I want to give away some villagers to users in need.

Diving, mass crafting, unbreakable tools option (I'd pay bells for that!), closets that are not connected to the secret storage. I'd love to be able to keep my clothing in a designated area, similar to how we did in NL. Having everything dumped into storage, especially with the need to hold resources and items that can't be reordered, makes short work of that capacity.

Changing the airport color or other customization options for it!

Back