• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

What is Your Town's Theme?

My town theme is the theme song from steven universe....despite me not having an su themed town ;-;

My initial idea was to go for a modern/science-fiction kind of town, but my villagers don't fit that theme at all.

I might doll my town up with some illuminated stuff, re-do my town hall and train station, have mainly black/blue flowers etc, but apart from that I haven't put a great deal of effort into a theme.

I haven't completed my town yet but I'm going for cherry blossom theme,but they're kinda generic...

I didn't make it with a theme in mind. I don't think my previous one (from before I reset) had a solid theme either, even if it looked put-together on the surface. I try to just let it happen I guess, without planning too much.

I made mine Jingle Bells for the Holidays, hehe. It was the Sailor Moon opening theme for the longest time, but I think once the holidays are over, I will make it the theme from Skyrim as I am obsessed with that game. :eek: Hene.

Sogno is a sacred forest that has to slowly adapt to its new residents. The mayor is the one responsible to keep the balance. Offering comfort and modern necessities while being sustainable and avoiding abuse of the place that was so kind to shelter us all.

I really hope I can show all of that through the town one day (-:

There's no theme in my town so far, but I'm planning to make my town Japanese subculture/anime-themed because I'm such a weeb. Unfortunately, I'm not very committed in making my town layout! There's so much flowers scattered all over my town and it's so hard to place paths now. It's hard to find paths and face cut-out standees appropriate for my desired town theme because I'm not talented enough to make those myself.

I'm trying to obtain villagers that fit character tropes that can be found on anime or villagers that could fit in a Japanese subculture. So far, I'll be keeping Chief and Fang which are popular male villagers that look nice imo so I assume they're the "pretty boys" in my town (and Chief's got some gyaru-o vibes in him but that's just me), and Genji because he's a Japanese-themed rabbit with anime eyes. I'm gonna get Snake and Ken because they're ninjas, but I'm undecided with the rest. I'm thinking of getting Fuchsia, Caroline, Frita, or Baabara because they look like ganguro/manba (those bright-haired, dark skinned ladies) villagers, or Muffy because she's a gothic lolita, or Renee and Eugene because they look like delinquents, or Zucker because he's a takoyaki and I know that there was a takoyaki superhero anime during my childhood. I'm not sure about getting the superhero villagers because only Big Top caught my attention, and I'm not sure if I want Mira or not because while her appearance is a shout-out to Sailor V, I'm not a huge fan of her looks. Maybe I should get Graham too because he looks a bit like a stereotypical otaku?

Eh, I should worry less about the villagers I'm going to get and worry more about plotting my town. I haven't gotten that far in New Leaf yet, but can I build a giant robot PWP?

Back