• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What do you write in your letters?

Lol I don't write very many letters, just when a villager moves in I welcome them with a gift and a nice, "thank you for moving in, hope we become better friends" thing. After that, my letter writing is nonexistent unless I want to send them a shirt because the one they are wearing is ugly or if I want to send some furniture to replace something I don't like in their home.

Most of my letters are just me being random like hey wow nice house or stuff. But I sometimes do sincere ones, but only rarely. And I write letters, like never anymore. XD

I never write letters unless I need to send them a piece of furniture or a shirt. I usually just type "take this", "change ur shirt", or "hi (name)" lol

My letters are terrible. I just want the credit for sending them, so I usually just type a single, random letter, throw in an unwanted object and send it out.

I write one or two sentences, usually a joke or question to them. And I use the opportunity to send them furniture I want them to put on display :)

Most of the letters I write are to send my villagers a piece of furniture or clothing that suits them. I got the gold letter writing badge awhile ago but I still write letters sometimes. Lol.

My brother and I write letters to them pretending to be fictional characters c:
This was one:
"Dear Name,
If you show anyone this letter, I
will force you to wear the itchiest
trousers that ever existed. FOREVER.
I know when you're sleeping,
I know when you're awake,
I AM WATCHING YOU RIGHT NOW.
- With luv, Mr.Santa Claus <3"

Man... I haven't written any in ages but I really wan to. I used to make a habit of doing it frequently but lost track of that somewhere along the way. AH WELL.

For Holidays I usually send my villagers gifts. When the snow started to fall I sent all my villagers small Festive trees.
Wrote that I set mine up in the house tonight and watch it before I go to sleep. Hope you'll set it up in your house.
All the villagers put one in their house.

Other holidays I sent them bells to buy a gift for another villager. It's fun to see what they write back.

It depends on the type of villager.

All (when I'm running out of ideas/inspo): Fake invites to hang out later or thanking them for coming/inviting me over to my/their house
Jocks: Something related to fitness & their routine
Uchi: Fashion related things or thanking them for medicine/advice
Snooty: Fashion related things & gossip (two villagers who seem to get along & villagers who hate eachother)
Cranky: random events (real or made up)
Peppy: Gossip. Fashion. Events. Items.
Normal: Advice on decluttering my house. Praise their house for being so clean.
Lazy: Food & cooking

usually they are very short, like "wear this" or "take this". sometimes I will write "I luv u". villagers don't really care what you say. when I had a villager I didn't like in my town, I would send him letters telling him I hated him and he would send me one back telling me how much he appreciated my letter lolol

the first one I sent to Ed was something along the lines of "i dont like u pls leav" and it's realllly awkward when he tells me to read it again..:3

Back