• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Pokémon What do you do with Breedjects?

michealsmells

🌟️🌟️🌟
Bells
Switch
4757-8654-8195
Island
Utopia
Smash Ball
Tera Orb
Crown Trophy
The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 Patch
Cake
Cake
Cake
Chocolate Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
I really want to breed for perfect IVs and/or Shinies, but I'm afraid of having boxes and boxes full of Pokemon that I'll never use. What do you do with all those bred pokemon?

Like, should I trade them away? Sell them? Give them away? Wonder trade them? Should I just release them? I've never been big on releasing, but I mean, once you start getting 400+ eggs hatched, what in the world are you supposed to do with all those?

I usually just release them to be honest. I’m not big into the competitive scene nor am I interested in trading much, so the easiest thing for me to do is usually just release them. That being said, wonder trading them away could prove to be a lot more fruitful because you can get some rare Pokemon at no cost to yourself. :)

I don't breed for IVs and stuff so I don't technically ha be breedjects, but when I'm dexnav hunting on Omega Ruby and I get Pokemon that have 3+ perfect IVs and egg moves, I trade them on Wonder Trade. Sometimes I just release them though but most of the time I trade them away.

Wonder Trading is a little worrying though, once you start getting that many Pokemon. Say you get complete garbage in a trade, then you release, right?

I never release I'm a big baby who loves every single pokemon lmao

Yeah like I usually try to WT until I get a shiny/legendary which I know is a pretty rare chance. I usually end up releasing them if they don't do me any good.

But my boxes on Omega Ruby are so full cause I'm the same way, I get attached to all the pokemon and then I don't want to release them lol

When I breed for shinies, I usually give them away or wonder trade them and then release the pokemons that I get from wonder trading. I heard that if you wonder trade a certain amount of boxes of pokemons, you have a higher chance to get a Master ball from the lotto!

I usually keep the 5IV ones and then give them away on Reddit or other Pok?mon forums for free. On average, I have two to three boxes of 5IV breedjects after a long-ish hunt and I want them all to go to good homes! Also, people often send me other 5IV breedjects as a thank you, so it's a win-win situation.

I give away my 5IV through surprise trade and release the received pokemon unless it has good stats that will be useful to me later. I save my 6IV for friends, although I tend to breed pokemon that no one really wants or needs :'D

Yeah like I usually try to WT until I get a shiny/legendary which I know is a pretty rare chance. I usually end up releasing them if they don't do me any good.

But my boxes on Omega Ruby are so full cause I'm the same way, I get attached to all the pokemon and then I don't want to release them lol

Wt does make it easier to stockpile pp ups, maybe another master ball.

Depends on what sort of breeding I'm doing and how I'm feeling in the moment. If I'm just breeding for a normal 5/6 IV Pok?mon for a team I'm building, then I often just release the breedjects as I make room for more eggs. If I'm doing the Masuda Method in an attempt to hatch a shiny, then I fill my boxes up with eggs and then gradually hatch them all. I tend to release the bulk of those too, but I do also keep some of the better ones to do Wonder Trades.

Wonder Trading is a little worrying though, once you start getting that many Pokemon. Say you get complete garbage in a trade, then you release, right?

I never release I'm a big baby who loves every single pokemon lmao

Just imagine other trainers in the world are going to catch and care for them, or they've met up with others like you see in the show sometimes. It'll do you no good to be too sentimental when you get in the thick of things, and something will have to give one way or another. Better that you breed competitively useful Pok?mon rather than have a bunch of stuff you'll never use just taking up space.

As for what to do with the stuff you get through Wonder Trade if it's no good, I'd say finish up as many trades as you're going to do per day and then check the Lottery in the Pok?mon Center to see if you might win a Master Ball or something, and then either just keep a box of Pok?mon with different IDs, or just release them.

If theyre no good I end up just wonder trading em, kinda fun to see what you get back while not having to worry about what youre sending away. :)

Well, I used to wonder/surprise trade them, until all I've been getting are trash/pseudo legends. So now I just release them and store 6IV's in a box i'd like to sell someday here.

Throw them into the Surprise Trade and see what I get back, really! I don't do Pokemon breeding really though.

Well, I used to wonder/surprise trade them, until all I've been getting are trash/pseudo legends.

I don't even mind the occasional trash Pok?mon because I feel like most of them come from children who aren't into the game competitively, but what kills me is the absurd amount of Dreepy breedjects I've been getting. It's almost like everyone's breeding the same exact Pok?mon, for some reason.

If they?re still pretty decent Pok?mon I?ll keep them and try to trade them. If they?re just total trash I?ll wonder trade them away. If I wonder trade the Pok?mon I got from the previous trade and keep up that cycle until I get something I want, and if I do I stop that cycle and start a new wonder trade chain with another breeject.

I used to Wonder Trade but now I just delete them. It's a faster way to clear out boxes.

Usually, I just cunleash them on Wonder Trade, but I recently started something new for that.
I check their natures to see if they're good competitively (I may not play competitive, but I know others do). If they have a good nature and/ or ability, I hang on to them, and release the others (unless it's a high male-to-female ratio, because then I'll also hang on to the girls I hatch). Then, when I get a lot, I send the competitors through wonder trade or hang on to them for those who want them.

When I have 'breedjects' I will try and wonder trade to see what I get, may wonder trade again if the pokemon I get ain't something I need. If I get magikarps from wonder trade, I release them after, cause I know those kind of pokemon will continue to be wonder traded and I hate thinking about it XD
I may keep things that people may want over GTS, if not, I just release :)
And maybe keep some for breeding more pokemon or certain abilities or something.

Last edited:
I release the ones that are 4iv or lowers and I surprise trade the 5IV and 6iv and the release what I get back.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I don't even mind the occasional trash Pok?mon because I feel like most of them come from children who aren't into the game competitively, but what kills me is the absurd amount of Dreepy breedjects I've been getting. It's almost like everyone's breeding the same exact Pok?mon, for some reason.

Right. Dreepys everywhere. When I was trying to complete my pokedex I used surprise trade a lot and like every few trades was a dreepy. I was excited for the first couple, but now I’m tired of them.

Back