What am I doing wrong?!

Also be sure you don't have furniture,candy,clothes etc on the ground. I went to Isabelle and asked her about the town score one day and she said something about there being complaints about trash. I had no trash anywhere. It took me(sad to say) 2 weeks to realize she was talking bout the furniture/candy outside my house. As soon as I picked it up my town was perfect again. Good luck

Also idk if someone posted but certain PWP's like bridge, police and such doesn't count :3

I guess I'll just keep planting trees and making more PwPs. :p

Not every town is the same so don't believe every minimum limit anyone tells you. Your town won't be less perfect if you have 12 projects instead of the fabled 10 that everyone talks about.

Erase 50% of your roads and plazas. That many patterns on the ground can't be good imo. since they cause many areas to have 0 trees and 0 flowers, especially below your yellow bench.

Last edited:
I just updated my dream town.

The Emporium opened up, so I'm gonna buy more saplings and try to get a perfect town :/ All this for a flower clock and golden water can...

It's probably worth noting that you shouldn't have duplicates of the same PWP. All projects should be spaced around the town and all mustn't be in one main area. Remember to plant bushes and plant palm/banana trees onto your seashore. Make sure that NO items AT ALL are on the ground as any item on the ground is considered trash - check behind every building, house or tree that you're certain of this.

Last edited:
Thank you guys so much for all the help and tips! One question, the guides say to build a Wisteria Pergola and a Straw Fence but I can't find those on any PwP lists :c I'm doing the PwP trick and trapping Lily to get her to suggest a flower arch/flower bed..

What did Isabelle mentioned about your town?
If it's underdeveloped, then I think you lack the PWPs that boost your nature. Try building PWPs that add your nature points(e.g: flower arch, solar panel, wind turbine, windmill, etc.).
If it's lack of greenery, plant more trees? Also, by you mean 'a lot' of flowers, do they have more than 50?

Definitely more than fifty. Isabelle says this almost every time:

"The survey also says that Dwerll has a good balance between natural and developed areas. However, citizens think the town feels a bit barren overall, so additional development is desired. They want to see you dedicate more time and resources to Public Works Projects."

^ I've memorized it because she says it so much :rolleyes:

She often says "The citizens also think there isn't enough greenery in Dwerll. They want more plants in town!" Even though probably have over 100 flowers and orchards on the left side of the town xD

Thank you guys so much for all the help and tips! One question, the guides say to build a Wisteria Pergola and a Straw Fence but I can't find those on any PwP lists :c I'm doing the PwP trick and trapping Lily to get her to suggest a flower arch/flower bed..

Climbing frame, yellow bench, fire hydrant, street lamp, police station, roost, campsite and 3 bridges. I never build anything else and I got a prefect town.

Last edited:
Based on Isabelle's advice and your descriptions, I would plant more trees.

Barren? I never had that issue when I'm aiming for perfect town(which took quite a time TTing but I managed to finish it just before Toy Day).

Maybe the lack of nature and/or public environment PWPs. What PWPs have you built?

EDIT: I got my perfect town with:
- lighthouse
- park clock
- solar panel
- wind turbine
- water pump(it was demolished now)
- metal bench(not sure when was built, but IIRC sometime after the water pump)
- cobblestone bridge(the original and the only bridge)

That's pretty much the destructible PWPs I have.

Last edited:
Caf?, Police Station, Hot Spring, Water Well, Custom Design-sign, Fountain, Campsite, Cobblestone Bridge, Wind Turbine, Face-cutout-standee, Yellow Bench, and a Street lamp.

Now that I count...I have twelve, not 11 PwPs...idk if the bridges, caf?, and police station count though.

edit: Does the geyser count as nature? Pashmina just suggested it :/

Last edited:
Caf?, Police Station, Hot Spring, Water Well, Custom Design-sign, Fountain, Campsite, Cobblestone Bridge, Wind Turbine, Face-cutout-standee, Yellow Bench, and a Street lamp.

Now that I count...I have twelve, not 11 PwPs...idk if the bridges, caf?, and police station count though.

Try making something that could add your nature points?
Do you have any of these for PWP requests? If you do, try making it.
- flower arch
- solar panel
- flower bed
- wisteria trellis
- rack of rice
- windmill

Or do your tree count isn't around 110-200? Counting the trees can be a hassle but it might help you.

Some things I don't think anyone else mentioned.

1) It's 10 PWP required IF you have 10 villagers, if you have 8 villagers you need more. I'm guessing it's 12 but I don't think it's been properly checked. Many people get 1 PWP into the required amount and then a villager leaves and suddenly Isabelle says the town is underdeveloped.

2) Acres are still in the game. But they're not obvious and trees and flowers don't seem to have a perfect count for them but you do need to have trees and flowers spread throughout your town. ~ I haven't been to your dream town to check this, but if you have any large empty spaces fill them with some greenery and that might solve your issue. I would guess it's a cliffside acre that would be holding you back here as many people neglect their beaches. For reference of roughly where your acres fall find your map on here.

Back