• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Weirdest things your villagers have said?

toonafeesh

whitney pls love me
Bells
Cookie was telling her bed time ritual to Hopper and.. uh.. things got real weird.

DUr-NL_VAAIA_2Q.jpg

What are some weird things you've heard your villagers say?

Last edited:
Freya said because I'm the mayor, I could commission a statue of her. :D

Not a big thing, but I gave Gloria the catchphrase "Quackers" and Beardo has copied it and it's really throwing me off when I'm talking to him.

Cookie was telling her bed time ritual to Hopper and.. uh.. things got real weird.

View attachment 214029

What are some weird things you've heard your villagers say?

Before I even saw your post I was going to say that my villagers have talked about their pocketknives!
One of my normals just walked into Re-Tail yesterday and said the store was empty and that she should sell her pocketknife at home!

This wasn't so much weird as just cute:
My villager Cheri came up to me and asked (something like):
"Do you know how the mean evil witch in the story tried to kill the beautiful princess?"
In the menu that she gave me I chose, "Poisoned apple"
Cheri thought for a moment (thinking bubbles over her head), then she said,
"You could be right. Then she slept for a very long time. Then this random stranger came up and woke her up with a kiss. EEEEWWWWWW!"

It gave me a great laugh. I still love this game.

Um I don't have the screenshots, but my uchi and normal were talking. The normal (I forget, maybe Sally?) mentioned how the uchi's story was interesting and that I should listen to it to. The uchi (who I think was Hazel?) then started from the beginning how she took on three tough looking people at once with an ax.

At the end she mentions it was a wood chopping contest, but Sally was freaking out way too much at that point.

Freya said because I'm the mayor, I could commission a statue of her. :D
I'd make a statue of Whitney if I could 8')

Not a big thing, but I gave Gloria the catchphrase "Quackers" and Beardo has copied it and it's really throwing me off when I'm talking to him.
Omg more than half of my villagers would say 'woof' when I used to have Goldie, it's pretty weird/funny!

Before I even saw your post I was going to say that my villagers have talked about their pocketknives!
One of my normals just walked into Re-Tail yesterday and said the store was empty and that she should sell her pocketknife at home!
LOL what is up with these villagers??? That's so creepy especially coming from a normal ;v;

View attachment 214035

View attachment 214036
And I always thought he kept the toilet seat up because he's a dude.
THis just makes me love Goose even more <3

This wasn't so much weird as just cute:
My villager Cheri came up to me and asked (something like):
"Do you know how the mean evil witch in the story tried to kill the beautiful princess?"
In the menu that she gave me I chose, "Poisoned apple"
Cheri thought for a moment (thinking bubbles over her head), then she said,
"You could be right. Then she slept for a very long time. Then this random stranger came up and woke her up with a kiss. EEEEWWWWWW!"

It gave me a great laugh. I still love this game.
Aww I love it when they talk about random things with you out of the blue. I love it when normals come up to you and quiz you if you're gloomy, and they ask things like "What concerns you to the most?" with answers being "[insert a villager]'s jokes"

Um I don't have the screenshots, but my uchi and normal were talking. The normal (I forget, maybe Sally?) mentioned how the uchi's story was interesting and that I should listen to it to. The uchi (who I think was Hazel?) then started from the beginning how she took on three tough looking people at once with an ax.

At the end she mentions it was a wood chopping contest, but Sally was freaking out way too much at that point.
THAT CONVERSATION A+++ gotta love uchi villagers!

One day I was talking to Kidd and he just went off about trains. It was really weird. He started talking about how there's different gauges and like a brief history of trains or something. It was a really long conversation too, and nothing like anything else I've ever experienced. It was so weird, but really funny and cute.

When one of my villagers ask me "if they were an animal" what kind would they be. It weirds me out every time.

One day I was talking to Kidd and he just went off about trains. It was really weird. He started talking about how there's different gauges and like a brief history of trains or something. It was a really long conversation too, and nothing like anything else I've ever experienced. It was so weird, but really funny and cute.

Chadder's given me this spiel too. I personally find it cute myself :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

When one of my villagers ask me "if they were an animal" what kind would they be. It weirds me out every time.

I think that's kind of the point - they're trying to break the fourth wall a little bit/be funny. Try selecting the option they already are :p

I think its so funny/a little creepy when uchis say "its dark out, so watch yourself" or something like that because its like what, are you gonna rob me or something?? lol

These are more of toastybreads' thread of "Why do you play ACNL?". I'm always astonished by the depth of this game and the complexity of seemingly simple characters.

Ooh my smug villagers do that too, I think it's a reference to the older games' trains(? not sure since I never played) but yeah it's really cute! They're just sooo into it, I find it really nice haha!

Gruff and Boone were talking about something... and then the conversation shifted where Gruff "wouldn't mind being called Papa" and... I just... Gruff creeps me out now.

I don't have screenshots but twice or thrice, Snake told me Cherry have ticklish feet and will use it to his advantage. I don't want to know what's going on between these two.

Last edited:
Back