Washing Gracie's car

kwark

Bells
I hate washing Gracie's car! I'm always coming short, no matter how fast I press! It's like does Mario Party button mashing games. I hate them!

Any tips on making this easier? I hear people using spoons or pens.

Last edited:
Use a different controller, one that has turbo function for "A". Worked for me!! Otherwise, you're going to have to button mash.

Use a different controller, one that has turbo function for "A". Worked for me!! Otherwise, you're going to have to button mash.

My controller has a turbo buttom, to my surprise. I don't know if it's a good one. I'm using a third party Gamecube controller.

My controller has a turbo buttom, to my surprise. I don't know if it's a good one. I'm using a third party Gamecube controller.

I used the Chameleon, I normally don't recommend 3rd parties, but this is nice, because you can program it for A, and it'll pump out a pretty fast pace, as if you're going nuts on that A button!

Gracie was in my town again and this time I've used the turbo button. Guess what? I still got the "so-so job" and no rare clothing either!

I hate Gracie in this game! With every fiber of my being!

Last edited:
I couldn't do it... my neighbor was a beast at that, though, back in the day.

I could never do it either (though I was much younger then)
But I have a beast high score on pokey pummel from mario party 7, so I'm sure I could clean Gracie's car with ease nowadays

Should I get another controller? I think I would be wasting my money.

I suck at button mashing.

Last edited:
I could almost cry from all the thoughts of nostolgia Im having right now :') I remember when I was little and I hatedddd washing her car. I am terrible at button mashing too so I always used a pen which was almost always effective. But still painful

I could almost cry from all the thoughts of nostolgia Im having right now :') I remember when I was little and I hatedddd washing her car. I am terrible at button mashing too so I always used a pen which was almost always effective. But still painful

How does the pen trick work? Everyone keeps talking about, but I still don't get it.
Please be specific.

I wanted to push her car into the river. I never succeeded and I didn't have the excuse of being a lil kid while playing it. :mad:

I basically have to score at least 100 in Domination for Mario Party 4(if I want a good shot at this) and I bearly get 60. With the spoon I sometimes bearly get 100 and other times I get HALF of that!

Did Nintendo REALLY expected you to be a robot or something?!

Last edited:
I finally did it! I placed the controller on my knee (sideways), holding the controller with my left hand and started rubbing the spoon over the A button like crazy. It paid off in the end.

That's how I gained my clicking/button mashing REALLY fast ability. I once clicked 100 times in 3 seconds! :)

I always thought it reminded me of Mario Party! Glad I'm not alone haha. The way I always washed the car was to hold the controller on the ground with one hand and alternate between my pointer finger and middle finger on my other hand. It usually worked that way. Idk why, I think i probably have more strength in my fingers than my thumb.

Back