• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Time Travelers Tavern

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankenBerry

Bells
Saw this idea on another post for a thread for time travelers since a lot of people are being salty to them lately pretty much everywhere. I tt myself and still have a lot of fun, i have never had a problem with any way one wants to play their games. So this is a safe thread for those wanting to talk about things that happen further along in the game, and to make friends with fellow tters :)

Thanks for reading

Ahahaha I assume this was inspired off of my thread? I hooe yours is fruitful and positive! :)

Lol yes it was, im with you on stuff, there shouldnt be a stigma to tting, its your game play how you want.

I agree with this completely, but coming from a person who doesn't TT. How do you feel about some of this people TTing having all this items/bells flooding the shop section of the forum? Like seeing people paying 500k for hybrids and even at one point seeing people going 10m+ for villagers. I simply cannot compete with that. Now does TTing give players more of an advantage? Personally I say yes, but it is their game and they should be able to play how they want to play, but where do we draw the line when it come affecting non-TTing players? No hate towards anyone playing how they want to play, I am just curious.

I agree with this completely, but coming from a person who doesn't TT. How do you feel about some of this people TTing having all this items/bells flooding the shop section of the forum? Like seeing people paying 500k for hybrids and even at one point seeing people going 10m+ for villagers. I simply cannot compete with that. Now does TTing give players more of an advantage? Personally I say yes, but it is their game and they should be able to play how they want to play, but where do we draw the line when it come affecting non-TTing players? No hate towards anyone playing how they want to play, I am just curious.

That wasnt from tting it was from the dupe glitch, like how in NL people were using the ARs to get tons of bells, now thta its gone the economy will recover

That wasnt from tting it was from the dupe glitch, like how in NL people were using the ARs to get tons of bells, now thta its gone the economy will recover

But how do you know? It cannot be proven, but that doesn't really change my view or statement on the matter. Because people can easily TT for turnip prices if they have a friend or two consoles. You could easily say people are TTing for nook miles obtaining Nook Tickets and selling them off for a decent amount of bells, and then how do I compete? As a player who doesn't TT, how can I compete with someone who TTs? That's my question.

Last edited:
But how do you know? It cannot be proven, but that doesn't really change my view or statement on the matter. You could easily say people are TTing for nook miles obtaining Nook Tickets and selling them off for a decent amount of bells, and then how do I compete? As a legit player, how can I compete with someone who TTs? That's my question.

You seem to be missing the whole point of this thread, you bring negativity in here for something you can do yourself. No ones telling you to buy stuff from them. Both sides are to blame one for selling and the other for buying at those prices.

You seem to be missing the whole point of this thread, you bring negativity in here for something you can do yourself. No ones telling you to buy stuff from them. Both sides are to blame one for selling and the other for buying at those prices.

I wouldn't say I'm bringing any negativity, you can play how you want to play but I just want to know where does the line get drawn? Just because you don't want to answer my question, doesn't make it negative, and I know the answer. We can't, we cannot compete. But when it comes to sellers they're going to take the highest offer, it isn't about buying because none of us can really outbid or afford these prices being thrown around.

Last edited:
as someone who time travels i'm very much poor from all these bridges i gotta pay for. The ones that are mega rich are people who took advantage of the duplication glitch while it lasted.

I wouldn't say I'm bringing any negativity, you can play how you want to play but I just want to know where does the line get drawn? Just because you don't want to answer my question, doesn't make it negative, and I know the answer. We can't, we cannot compete. But when it comes to sellers they're going to take the highest offer, it isn't about buying because none of us can really outbid or afford these prices being thrown around.

Man, you literally just came into a thread for TTers to have fun and talk about TTing, and took the whole thing over.

I'm a TTer and I'm dirt poor. You can compete. The people who are bringing in millions were doing so from duping. Time travelling doesn't somehow make me rich. I still have to spend legit time fishing and bug catching to make money. TTing doesn't give me instant bells. How do you think it does?

You knew what you were doing when you decided to post this here. Please make your own thread if you're serious about discussing this.

Anyways, back to what this thread was intended to be!

I time travelled enough to unlock terraforming, and I'm super glad I did. That was probably the feature I was looking forward to the most. I have a specific vision in mind for how I want my island to look, and being able to terraform it already makes it soooo much easier to visualize the pieces coming together. I personally mostly intend on taking things slow again (I do genuinely prefer the slower pace for myself), but I'll likely do it again if I want to change up where villagers' houses are or something like that.

I'm adding lots of waterfalls to my island! It makes me so happy to see them while I'm wandering around ♥

To each their own. People are saying saying they can’t compete with the money tt are making, but really they don’t have to buy these items or villagers that are being sold here at those prices. Plus this game is not about competitions, it’s about having fun, and everyone has fun on their own way. They can try to get these items themselves in the game. Isn’t trading items Just as bad as time traveling? You are gaining access to things by other means than simply playing your game. I time travel, and I trade here, and I don’t necessarily think it puts anyone at a disadvantage. I don’t have bells at all. I don’t buy turnips, and the bells I’m making are from fishing only. I’m time traveling in the same month of March, so it’s the same fishes as everyone else. I don’t feel like I, or anyone else is at a disadvantage.

On another note, can’t wait to get access to time terraforming. It’s taking me a while Even while tting.

Last edited:

Those paying half a mill for hybrids and Nook Tickets are likely duplicators. I don't like assuming someone is a cheater, but when it takes 10 minutes to earn 2000 miles for a ticket, there is no reason for people to advertise "Buying as many tickets as possible, 450k bells each". I can tell you it takes more than 10 minutes to earn 450,000 bells.

Last edited:
I TT'd up until I unlocked terraforming and then went back to playing traditionally. I'm really glad I TT'd, it gave me the time I needed to plan my layout properly.

Still broke from minutely adjusting villager housing however.

I know right, it's so expensive to move buildings around x_x

And you can't even place the new spot over the old one! What if I need to move Skye's house one step to the left? I have to move it twice. It's ridiculous.

Man, you literally just came into a thread for TTers to have fun and talk about TTing, and took the whole thing over.

I'm a TTer and I'm dirt poor. You can compete. The people who are bringing in millions were doing so from duping. Time travelling doesn't somehow make me rich. I still have to spend legit time fishing and bug catching to make money. TTing doesn't give me instant bells. How do you think it does?

I generally want to know why you guys are feeling attacked. I'm not saying everyone is going to abuse TT to a point where they're going to be millionaires but now that you bring it up. Would you think maybe there is TT vs TT abuse? Like TTing to forward progress VS TTing for purely profit.

Also TTing can allow you to make a godly amount of bells via Turnips between two devices. Like I've said for the 3rd time now, TTing is fine if that's how you want to play but I've yet to heard an answer to, what is the line? What is the line between "hey it's fine until..." kinda scenario.

Last edited:
Who cares??? Like, play the way you want! I don't time travel personally, but I love that people do because I can take some inspiration for the future of my island!

Please play the game the way you want to!

I love time traveling in this game.

And the only way that it has made me rich, for those who keep jumping on threads that clearly don't need their presence, is because my friend -- who is also a TTer -- and I both took turns having amazing turnip prices and we took advantage of it :). While the duping thing really sucks and has really raised up the prices, don't automatically assume someone's a cheater if they have a couple million bells.

As for the nook tickets, I bought them recently for 250k a pop and I regretted it because it personally broke my bank. I would've bought it for lower but the market has been indeed ruined by those who have 10s of millions of bells. But that's what what this thread is about, is it? Can you like, go make your own please?

Like I was saying. I love time traveling in this game. I don't do it very much -- it still takes me about 3-6 hours to get through each day since there's a lot to do! -- but I have been ridden with stir craziness and a little bit of anxiety ever since I got trapped at home 'cuz of the virus so it's really really helped me find my happy place. I have been waiting for this game for sooooo long! How could I possibly put it down when the day was done!

SillyPrinny, please make your own thread for your questions and concerns about TTing. I'm not suggesting that they aren't worth discussing, but if you read the first post, this isn't the thread for them.

Beedubz, I totally agree with you! I've found myself wishing that you could make minor adjustments too. I looove that we even can move them in the first place, but I feel like this part of it could have been implemented differently. (And on a related note, I wish we could move bridges too instead of demolishing them first...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back