• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

The smell of cats

My cats usually sleep on my pillow so I've got used to their smell. But it's true that they have an almost unnoticeable, mild and sweet smell!

omg yes i love my cat's smell. idk what it smells like, it's like just her smell.

cats breath has a much better scent than dogs breath
tbh that's all i really notice about my cats scent

since my mom and brother are allergic to cats, we've never had any in our house and stay alert for any other houses with them...
i don't like the smell of cats (musty, fur smell), probably because i'm not used to it. then again, i have a dog and i don't like her smell either. :eek:

I never really thought about my cats smell? they usually just smell like dust?

That's what my boyfriend says, too, that cats just smell like hair/dust. :v

I love the way my cat, Bandit, smells, too. I stuff my nose behind her head and sniff, and tell her she smells like a cat. She's very vocal and she always disagrees with me.. and tries to bite my nose.
My other kitty, Dustmop, just smells like my mom's hand cream. I don't think she gets it on him, she just spends so much time with him that he smells like the Bath and Bodyworks shea and cashmere cream. lol.

My boyfriend's cat, Jack, smells like he just got a flea bath and he has ever since he moved in three months ago. I do not particularly care for how he smells. :c

Omg! Yes! My cat smells like nutmeg, cinnamon and just general spices. I thought I was alone x] I love my kitty and her comforting smell.

They smell like mittens.

Everybody looks at me like I'm crazy when I say this but I can't think of what else to compare it to. They smell like clean knitted stuff. It's comforting and nostalgic.

They smell like mittens.

Everybody looks at me like I'm crazy when I say this but I can't think of what else to compare it to. They smell like clean knitted stuff. It's comforting and nostalgic.

OMG that makes them sound adorable brb going to glomp my kitty

You're not alone, I love my cat's smell. He keeps himself clean and fluffy and I just love cuddling him!

So, this is probably going to make me sound like the craziest cat lady ever? but I just love the smell of cats. There, I said it!

If you have a cat, do you like the way they smell? Or am I really just crazy obsessed with cats? (it's true, nonetheless)

Oh my god, I know EXACTLY what you mean. My cat is the same, he's an indoor cat and always smells fresh and clean and it's so relaxing just to snuggle up and use him as a pillow haha.

Oh my god, I know EXACTLY what you mean. My cat is the same, he's an indoor cat and always smells fresh and clean and it's so relaxing just to snuggle up and use him as a pillow haha.

Ikr! And when they purr on your chest and fall asleep with you... it's just the best. I love the little things.

Ikr! And when they purr on your chest and fall asleep with you... it's just the best. I love the little things.

I love when they sleep with you. It makes me feel loved. Like, they CHOSE to sleep with you. That's amazing to me. >w<

If your cat smells that usually means it's bath time.

I actually never bathe my cat. She keeps herself so clean!

I see her on the balcony and feel bad because she's literally rolling around on the dirty floor...and 5 minutes after she comes in, she's super clean again. Like magic.

Her whole life is sleep, clean, sleep, clean, be cute, clean, eat, poop, clean, follow mom and dad around, clean, sleep....repeat

Back