• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!

The Resetting Thread

So I resetted yesterday actually..but I don't fill attached to my town AT ALL, I like the villagers but the town itself just has this bland feel to it, I've tried placing some paths around the place but I'm still not anymore interested in this town..The problem is, I actually like three out of the current six villagers living in my town.

So I resetted yesterday actually..but I don't fill attached to my town AT ALL, I like the villagers but the town itself just has this bland feel to it, I've tried placing some paths around the place but I'm still not anymore interested in this town..The problem is, I actually like three out of the current six villagers living in my town.
If you have another copy you can get it to hold the villagers you like or you could get someone else, like a friend, to hold them.
Good luck.

I have been debating whether to reset or not. I feel neutral towards all of my villagers, and I haven't done much with my town with PWPs. I do like the layout of my town. I guess the only reason I don't want to reset is I lose all the badges/catalog items/bells/house expansions/shops, etc. that I have already gotten. It would be easy to get back to where I currently am I guess, since I haven't done much.
I am thinking about maybe just picking up a cartidge off eBay if I can find one around $10 or so!
I don't want to reset and regret it :/

Anyone have input? I am basically torn right down the middle when it comes to resetting.

I have been debating whether to reset or not. I feel neutral towards all of my villagers, and I haven't done much with my town with PWPs. I do like the layout of my town. I guess the only reason I don't want to reset is I lose all the badges/catalog items/bells/house expansions/shops, etc. that I have already gotten. It would be easy to get back to where I currently am I guess, since I haven't done much.
I am thinking about maybe just picking up a cartidge off eBay if I can find one around $10 or so!
I don't want to reset and regret it :/

Anyone have input? I am basically torn right down the middle when it comes to resetting.

You can get someone to hold all of your bells and items for you.
Also you can find tbt to bell exchange threads. 100 tbt = 20mil igb

While some may like not to reset (like myself) some do like to reset because they don't have the perfect map or villagers. Sometimes they reset because they felt like they have gone though the game so fast and would like a chance to do it all over again. There are other reasons but, to each their own :)
I reset recently over feeling guilty about time traveling

lowkey wanna reset my second town and actually make it look good. I wanted to use it as a cycle town but my timezone is terrible for cycling and selling villagers. ugh.

lowkey wanna reset my second town and actually make it look good. I wanted to use it as a cycle town but my timezone is terrible for cycling and selling villagers. ugh.

with the new amiibo update the villager trading plaza probably wont be as near active as it is now

I have reset a total of FOUR TIMES! I just can never seem to find the...'perfect town'...you know? Most of the time I time jump since I know I'll never have enough time to play the game every day, but the thing is...I never seem to get attached to it like I did before...that make sense?

Hi all! I used to have the perfect town with most of my dream villagers in them and have accumulated quite a fair bit of rare items. However, due to events in real life, I've stopped playing the game for almost 2 years and have missed ACNL terribly. I've considered returning to my town countless times but have always hesitated when I think about the state my town could be in.

Should I restart my town in hopes of starting afresh, but knowing that I may never find another 'perfect' town or should I just go ahead with booting up my current town and hoping that the state that it's in is somehow salvageable? Would definitely appreciate it if I could get some opinions from other players of the game :)

I have reset a total of FOUR TIMES! I just can never seem to find the...'perfect town'...you know? Most of the time I time jump since I know I'll never have enough time to play the game every day, but the thing is...I never seem to get attached to it like I did before...that make sense?

Totally get you. My current town is my 6th town hahah...

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hi all! I used to have the perfect town with most of my dream villagers in them and have accumulated quite a fair bit of rare items. However, due to events in real life, I've stopped playing the game for almost 2 years and have missed ACNL terribly. I've considered returning to my town countless times but have always hesitated when I think about the state my town could be in.

Should I restart my town in hopes of starting afresh, but knowing that I may never find another 'perfect' town or should I just go ahead with booting up my current town and hoping that the state that it's in is somehow salvageable? Would definitely appreciate it if I could get some opinions from other players of the game :)

I'm pretty sure you can tt back to the date you last played and everything should be fine.
You can use the activity log to find it out.

Last edited:
I reset my second town and it's absolutely perfect. It has apples and I love love love the map plus there's minimum ponds and so far haven't had much trouble with stupid rocks. And I surprisingly got this as soon as I reset. Problem is 3/5 villagers I've started with are dreamies that I already have in my main town and I would like a whole new set of dreamies in this town is it worth resetting?

I reset my second town and it's absolutely perfect. It has apples and I love love love the map plus there's minimum ponds and so far haven't had much trouble with stupid rocks. And I surprisingly got this as soon as I reset. Problem is 3/5 villagers I've started with are dreamies that I already have in my main town and I would like a whole new set of dreamies in this town is it worth resetting?
No. It will be unlikely if you found a layout that you like any time soon after resetting.

I recently reset my old town, which was only a few weeks old anyway, because I wasn't happy with the mayor's name or town name and I was bitter that I didn't warm up to the villagers that I reset for as much as I'd hoped (which is dumb I know). Since then, I've tried for maybe 30 mins-1 hr everyday, not too seriously, to get a new town that I liked w/ good starters. I really lucked out today, on my first try I got a layout I love with circle grass and peaches, and my starters are Willow, Puddles, Fang, Rudy, and Sally. The first four are dreamies (really I would have been happy with any cranky wolf). I'm super happy! And I stuck with good ol' Kitsey as my mayor's name.

I recently reset my old town, which was only a few weeks old anyway, because I wasn't happy with the mayor's name or town name and I was bitter that I didn't warm up to the villagers that I reset for as much as I'd hoped (which is dumb I know). Since then, I've tried for maybe 30 mins-1 hr everyday, not too seriously, to get a new town that I liked w/ good starters. I really lucked out today, on my first try I got a layout I love with circle grass and peaches, and my starters are Willow, Puddles, Fang, Rudy, and Sally. The first four are dreamies (really I would have been happy with any cranky wolf). I'm super happy! And I stuck with good ol' Kitsey as my mayor's name.
Congrats! Good luck with your town!

I've been considering resetting my town as well, but I don't know. I chopped down all of my trees, destroyed all of my PWP and have been trying to get the Windmill and Brick Bridge. I just recently got a request for the modern bridge but it just doesn't mesh well with my idea of what my town should look like. I've progressed so far in my town, I am nearly done with collecting fossils, it is just so frustrating since Ren?e is my only Uchi villager, which hopefully that changes soon with the new update coming because I have Cherry and Muffy amiibo cards, so I hope that'll increase my chances of getting the windmill.

I've looked at my town multiple times and thought of resetting but I am just so cautious about losing certain thing like gold/silver tools and perfect cherry baskets.

I've been considering resetting my town as well, but I don't know. I chopped down all of my trees, destroyed all of my PWP and have been trying to get the Windmill and Brick Bridge. I just recently got a request for the modern bridge but it just doesn't mesh well with my idea of what my town should look like. I've progressed so far in my town, I am nearly done with collecting fossils, it is just so frustrating since Ren?e is my only Uchi villager, which hopefully that changes soon with the new update coming because I have Cherry and Muffy amiibo cards, so I hope that'll increase my chances of getting the windmill.

I've looked at my town multiple times and thought of resetting but I am just so cautious about losing certain thing like gold/silver tools and perfect cherry baskets.
Have you heard of the diving trick? Getting pwp takes a lot of time. I am in the process of getting ones I want too.
If you really do want to reset you can get someone to hold all of your items but you obviously wont be able to save your museum.

So I've been thinking about resetting recently. I'm still having fun with the game, but I'm not happy with my town's name and the layout. This is also my original town I've had since the launch of New Leaf so I have collected a lot of things over the years, but I got it when I was young so I didn't place any of my pwps very well or strategically. I really want to make a Splatoon based town separated into two distinct sides (most likely by the main river) like a tuft war or something of that nature, but again my towns layout wouldn't allow me to do that how I envisioned it. My pwps and villagers (because I have 4 playable character houses placed down so I couldn't plot reset) are also placed in such a way that I can't do that idea anyway.

The biggest factors that are causing me to be hesitant about resetting is I have collected all my dreamies and some of them (mainly Pietro) are now in higher tiers so it would be really hard to get them again and basically none of them fit the Splatoon theme well. I kinda hate my town but I have also grown strongly attached to it so idk what to do. :T (Buying another copy of the game has also crossed my mind but I don't have a lot of money right now).

Well I think the best option would be to buy another copy.
You could save the DA and visit it once and a while?

I can relate to the town layout not working with the theme because when I first loaded up my town I was thinking of skinny path, natural look but then I wanted to change to 3-wide paths but most of the land was wayy to thin for that so I reset. It wasn't as hard for me though because I transferred all of my dreamies to my new town but since your dreamies don't fit in with the theme it's quite hard. I do slightly regret resetting my first town but I prefer my current town much more.

Also do you think you'll still continue to like Splatoon for a long time because thats probably the #1 thing to consider when you are designing a town based off of a video game, book etc.

I've been considering resetting my town can anyone help?

It's semi new (less then a month old) and it has a goodish layout and pretty ok villagers.
My only problem is I just kinda don't like it? Like mostly the theme I was going for and the layout isn't my favorite thing in the world.The problem is I don't wanna reset because I've bought a few villagers for this town (Chief Frank and Keaton) and it would feel like such a waste of TBT and I'd probably end up feeling guilty for it.
I know I can just buy another copy but I'm not too certain if I could handle two towns. Also it wouldn't really help me much since I'd want to enjoy both towns if I did.

I reset my town twice only because I felt a lack of motivation. Now I am onto my third town and I have a clear goal for what I want my town and my house! I gave my town a sort of vibe that made it similar to a real-life town (fire hydrants near the cafe and town hall, lamposts near the train station, a main pathway, etc...) so I don't really care which villagers I get, but would personally like non-snooty.

I would honestly only advise resetting if you have given up on your town 100%. It would be a waste to throw away any town that you or anyone else believes to have some potential!

Back