• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The Resetting Thread

I just reset like a million times and I finally found a town that I liked. It has a really long beach and a tiny one, which I love. <3 And I have pears as my town fruit which is good. c: (I'd have taken anything but apples) I actually made a male mayor in this town and called him Crowley.. The name of the town is Jigoku (which translates to Hell..) AND I HAVE KEVIN. Now I just need Moose... (this won't make sense to any of you I suppose but it's super funny to me, heh.)

Can you post your map?

2ip5pj.jpg

I reset after playing for about a month or two when the game first came out with a friend (got a 3ds just to play Animal Crossing with her) we ended up falling out and after that I lost all my motivation to play and I ended up quiting (and the fact that some ugly animal moved right in front of my house ruining my pathway really killed my motivation as well. So I'm finally back playing with another friend of mine who recently got the game! I reset a bunch of times to get a decent town map because I remember my first was absolutely awful.

I kinda like the pond at the station~ and since I don't really lay paths the placements of the ponds aren't really that relevant I guess. ^^ I mostly look out for the placement of Re-Tail (I like it by the beach cos I do a lot of ocean fishing) and the villager houses, so I guess it's not that hard for me to find a decent map. c:

I thought I found the right town for me, and I did, but I got everything so messed up, by my lack of skills, lol. I finally found my town, and I am sticking with it! Dammit! Lol.

I'm town resetting in Chrome. I don't care about the map as long as it isn't completely awful, I'm searching for good villagers.

So, I'm resetting again. I didn't really like my last town, bc it was a cycling town. I wanna make a maintown now. But, I'm always having trouble with the villagers. I have Tabby now, which I hate. Oh, also got Harry.. This isn't the right town. >.>

- - - Post Merge - - -

Found a nice map! Fingers crossed for great villagers!

Okay, so I see Antonio, Fauna, and Blanche. Kinda happy with them, but let's see the other 2.
Okay, Cheri and.. Gaston! Not a big fan of Gaston, but I really like Blanche and Cheri! Got peaches, and triangle grass! This town is perfect for me. I'm keeping this one, for sure.

Last edited:
I'm considering resetting, but I'm so unsure!

Why I want to reset:
- I miss the feel of a new, fresh town.
- I'm not really a fan of my town map.
- I dislike many of my villagers.
- I want to place my villagers more grouped together.

Why I want to keep my town:
- I have Dotty, and she is my fave!
- I have spent a LOT of time making my town beautiful.
- I have come a long way with the museum and encyclopedia.
- My house is fully expanded and I'm almost done with the HHA challenge.
- I have maxed out the shop
- My town tree is beautiful! ;_;

Here's a pic of my town:
IMG_20140701_222303.jpg

What do you guys think? I've thought about buying another copy, but then I'd have to spend a lot of money that I don't have. :C

Why I want to reset:

Here's a pic of my town:
View attachment 53719

What do you guys think? I've thought about buying another copy, but then I'd have to spend a lot of money that I don't have. :C

Well, I can tell you that I had some of the same reasons to reset as you, but I didn't and went out and bought a second copy. Personally, I think it was a mistake, because I ended devoting all my time to my new town, and I rarely, if ever, visit my first town now.
If you can handle two towns, do it! But it's reallllyyy hard, and often not worth it. I love my second town, but I could of just reset my first and had one copy.

I'd recommend visiting other people's towns, spending some more time in yours, before you're confident you want to reset. If you still do in a week, I'd reset then.

Well, I can tell you that I had some of the same reasons to reset as you, but I didn't and went out and bought a second copy. Personally, I think it was a mistake, because I ended devoting all my time to my new town, and I rarely, if ever, visit my first town now.
If you can handle two towns, do it! But it's reallllyyy hard, and often not worth it. I love my second town, but I could of just reset my first and had one copy.

I'd recommend visiting other people's towns, spending some more time in yours, before you're confident you want to reset. If you still do in a week, I'd reset then.

That sounds like a good idea. Thanks for the reply! <3

Why I want to reset:

Here's a pic of my town:
View attachment 53719

I like your map. I have a similar river. But its entirely up to you.

@ Bluetwoen

I would honestly say that in your case, resetting might be a bad idea, or at least something that you'll regret.

You have a dream villager and a huge amount of progress and effort invested into this town. The issues you are unsure about, IMHO, don't seem to outweigh the things that you love about your town.

Villagers can move in and out, so I'm sure that with the help of the campsite, you can get villagers that you like better. As new ones move in, you can plot reset them into a nice grouped area, so you'll have two birds with one stone. Also, changing up your landscaping a bit at a time may renew your love for your map (it worked for me when I was getting bored).

As for wanting a fresh, new-town feeling, you really have to think of it like this: is that feeling worth giving up everything you've worked so hard for?

Once you can answer that question, I think you'll know whether you really should or shouldn't reset.

photo.jpgI'm moving the bridge, but here's my town! I plan to haave cafe between town hall and retail, so there's a mini main street. :)
I do wish the plaza was to the north by my station because it's a nice place to drop bells during trades.

Last edited:
feavre I want your map! I've been resetting again for a few hours and it's so irritating how close some maps are but they're not quite perfect :(

That was actually my settling map--it had pears :p I had to cross out a bunch of criteria because it was taking so long.
I'm kind of an advocate of just playing the game :) But I had two copies so I could play and reset whenever.

I kinda wanna restart again (about the 1000000th time). I haven't played in months and it's just ugh. But again, I don't wanna loose what I have and it means I need to restart the whole bug/fish catalogue and everything. Life is hard. Kinda think it'd be fun to restart and do everything myself though, not trade furniture etc. Hard choices. :confused:

Back