• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

The Resetting Thread

Hmm true enough. But do you think it's overall pretty spacious?

Personally, I prefer when there's a big top section and small bottom section. Also the plaza is wasting a lot of space by not being in the corner. It's pretty good though.

What's the criteria?

Mine's pretty picky. Cherries, south facing waterfall, equal sized land, one pond...:p

I don't think I could ever reset my town.. I love it so much. Even though sometimes unwanted villagers move in, you can always TT them out. I do TTing all the time, so it's not a big deal. My towns looking pretty good actually and I didn't even place PWPs to weird places or anything. I really do feel like starting the game over, soo that's why I'm planning to buy a second copy. I can reset it as much as I want to get different villagers and fruit and such.

I recently reset a few days ago, but my problem is...Despite the fact that I like (tolerate? There's one dream neighbor here, but it's not a top priority one) my neighbors, I haven't really fallen in love with my map. It's a bit inconvenient and awkward, and I can't get past that.
I've only been in this particular game for...4 days now? Is it worth resetting again? I'm hesitant, but I know I'll never come to like this map.

I recently reset a few days ago, but my problem is...Despite the fact that I like (tolerate? There's one dream neighbor here, but it's not a top priority one) my neighbors, I haven't really fallen in love with my map. It's a bit inconvenient and awkward, and I can't get past that.
I've only been in this particular game for...4 days now? Is it worth resetting again? I'm hesitant, but I know I'll never come to like this map.

If you're sure you'll never grow to like the map, I'd say reset. Villagers come and go, but the map is the biggest unchangeable thing. Especially if you're only 4 days into playing, there's not a lot of work wasted.

I reset pretty recently, but I'm
not sure if I'm really happy with my layout. There isn't nearly enough space, and I didn't think my permanent pwps through at all. However, I was gifted Julian, have my paths mainly done, and millions saved. :/ What do you guys think? I reset about a month ago, and about 30 - 50 hours were put in.

If anyone is intrested, here is my criteria:
One pond.
A not so shaky river.
Peaches. I have resetted a while, so i have cut the criteria several times.

I reset pretty recently, but I'm
not sure if I'm really happy with my layout. There isn't nearly enough space, and I didn't think my permanent pwps through at all. However, I was gifted Julian, have my paths mainly done, and millions saved. :/ What do you guys think? I reset about a month ago, and about 30 - 50 hours were put in.

Hm you can get Julian held and also the bells held. So reset :D I hate when I load up the game and look at my map and I'm not happy. You should get the map you want ^_^

i'd been resetting a while (days) and yesterday i finally found a layout that is almost perfect, it has all but one of my requirements:

southern waterfall
peaches
only one pond
beach to the left with a private beach for growing hybrids

the only thing missing is circle grass/star snow
i have square grass ;__;
i feel stupid but it's bothering me a lot. should i reset?

Thinking of resetting, but I've spent way too much time on my game to actually do so (not to mention I really don't want to go through all the tutorial stuff and what not again). My town map is okay, it's just that I've spread my villagers' houses because I thought that would look better. And it did. But now I realize how much harder it makes things when trying to place PWP's that would look good together. So now I'm half tempted to make my villagers move, get new villagers and place their houses together, so that I have more free room to work with. Just not sure if I really want to do this, but it is an option that might work, I think.

i'd been resetting a while (days) and yesterday i finally found a layout that is almost perfect, it has all but one of my requirements:

southern waterfall
peaches
only one pond
beach to the left with a private beach for growing hybrids

the only thing missing is circle grass/star snow
i have square grass ;__;
i feel stupid but it's bothering me a lot. should i reset?
Grass is kind of a minor detail. I wouldn't worry about it :D

So I wound up resetting and I think I like my town. I got 4 villagers who I intend to move out, but I also got Lolly. <3
All of my main buildings (town hall, retail, and plaza) are up on the top half of the map, just the way I like.
I didn't get cherries like I wanted as my fruit, but Isabelle gave me a bushel of 3! So lucky me. :D
There's a nice little square dip in my river right down the center that gave me a nice idea for some PWP and my house.

Successful reset, methinks.

qTypaog.jpg

I think I'm going to try this map out for a little bit; the beach isn't on the right side, so it's gonna take a while to get used to but honestly that doesn't matter if I had to pick.
(circle grass too but i'm seriously not gonna reset over grass ^^;;)

Villager places bug me a TON though:
- Tabby is the house in front of re-tail (I love Tabby this is tragic b/c she needs to go)
- Simon is in front of me (you ain't stopping me from setting my house where I want it)
But villagers aren't permanent so I'm debating...

It meets everything else I want, so I think I'll just wander around it for a while and see. :x

Last edited:
good luck to everyone resetting! i've had my town for just over a month and i do believe i've finally found a town i am content with.

Last edited:
One month ago... I resetted my town. I did it to start on a NEW LEAF and to get a better town layout. Three days later, I found my new town layout with basically everything I wanted and BISKIT!! AJIAIPGUUUI!! :D My town isn't as developed as my old town, but I'm liking the amount of space. I only need three of my dreamies now, due to me getting Whitney today. I'm SO glad I reset my town!

I found a decent town with Merry, Maple, Ankha, Lucky, and Leonardo. They were all great villagers but the town hall placement and colours were bad and Lucky moved too close to re-tail. So I'm still resetting. Plus, they weren't dreamies, just good villagers.

Back