• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

The Resetting Thread

Is it bad I'm considering resetting one of my villages over a plot reset mistake?
I find my layout okay (It's LITERALLY the same as the one Squart posted), and I would have to get someone to hold my current dreamies, but this one mistake with plot resetting is going to drive me mad.
Just today I managed to get my hands on Kyle, and I had the perfect pace for him planned out. And then I went and mucked up big time. I messed up the plot resetting on my first attempt, and got him directly in front of my campsite, which is the worst place he could of possibly gone. I could try to work around it, but I really feel like that would be super hard, and that I wouldn't be happy with it in the long run.
I need advice! I really am at a crossroads here!
(If it's any help, I'm not that far in, but I have 3 dreamies, including Kyle, there already, with a 4th in my cycling town :/)

Reset the town or are you able to plot reset a new villager?
If you're referring to town, then it depends on how much you've unlocked and such. I wouldn't if I'd started decorating and expanding the house. If you've just started then go for it and restart.

Reset the town or are you able to plot reset a new villager?
If you're referring to town, then it depends on how much you've unlocked and such. I wouldn't if I'd started decorating and expanding the house. If you've just started then go for it and restart.

I'm really not that far in, so I think I will just restart. I'll give it a bit longer before I decide, and then I'd have to find someone to hold my dreamies...

I've been toying with the idea of resetting ever since I completed my Main Street (seriously, ugh).
I lost patience fairly quickly when map resetting last year and now realize I may have screwed myself over.

To name a few problems:

1. Re-Tail is as far from the dock as it could possibly be, making beetle selling a nightmare
2. ROCKS. ROCKS EVERYWHERE.
3. The southern half of town is almost completely empty while the northern half is cramped
4. The police booth is so isolated from the rest of town it's pointless
5. The campsite is right next to the police booth
6. The Town Square is off to a corner on the top right of town

Not to mention that I've grown tired of my town's name and of most of my villagers. I think I'm going to scrap the whole idea of set dreamies and just go with the flow, to see which villagers I actually grow fond of in-game rather than based on wiki entries. I'd miss Cherry and Kid Cat dearly, but neither of them are terribly difficult to get back so I wouldn't be too torn up about it.

If I could get someone to hold my tools, bells, hybrids, fruits, and some furniture for a while I'd reset without hesitation.

I've been toying with the idea of resetting ever since I completed my Main Street (seriously, ugh).
I lost patience fairly quickly when map resetting last year and now realize I may have screwed myself over.

To name a few problems:

1. Re-Tail is as far from the dock as it could possibly be, making beetle selling a nightmare
2. ROCKS. ROCKS EVERYWHERE.
3. The southern half of town is almost completely empty while the northern half is cramped
4. The police booth is so isolated from the rest of town it's pointless
5. The campsite is right next to the police booth
6. The Town Square is off to a corner on the top right of town

Not to mention that I've grown tired of my town's name and of most of my villagers. I think I'm going to scrap the whole idea of set dreamies and just go with the flow, to see which villagers I actually grow fond of in-game rather than based on wiki entries. I'd miss Cherry and Kid Cat dearly, but neither of them are terribly difficult to get back so I wouldn't be too torn up about it.

If I could get someone to hold my tools, bells, hybrids, fruits, and some furniture for a while I'd reset without hesitation.

You can dump the stuff in my town if you wish. :)

Purging myself of all this unnecessary furniture is relaxing
I actually like resetting a bit ahaha ;;
I'd love it more finding a permanent town but I love changing things up too..........

(i think i need a second copy)

Old town:
IMG_20140511_093715.jpg
Started it in September, had a "break" from November until just a week ago or so, and yesterday I realized that I wasn't very happy (okay, I knew that already, but I did just realize that I could reset).. Especially with the big ROCK behind my house (I did not think that through when placing the house there..) and the map is just.. Messed up (for me) And I had pears as my fruit.. I hate pears IRL, can't stand them! So annoying...

So I started resetting today, less than 10 times and i got this:
IMG_20140511_105042.jpg
And it's PERFECT! :D the Town House and the Central Station is both green (no idea what they were before but i like this) Re-Tail close to docks, ORANGES and my house is placed at a wonderful spot just beside the waterfall!
And yes, the date is wrong in the second picture.. I wanted to do this yesterday but it was so late and I want the house to be done as soon as possible, so I'm cheating with TT (First time in NL) and changing the date to today when I'm done with the first payment today.. Also sending in a second person to live there for pathmaking =)

Thank you belltreeforum, thanks to you crazy people I realized I could be crazy as well and reset to play my game and be happy about everything! =)

Last edited:
I can't stop resetting. Whenever I find a good map there's just something..lacking. What do I do?

I can't stop resetting. Whenever I find a good map there's just something..lacking. What do I do?
Keep resetting until you're 100% satisfied. If you're looking for a long-term town, you shouldn't compromise.

I'm still working on resetting, myself.
I had found a fairly nice, roomy layout with a southern waterfall at one point, but Re-Tail was still too far away for my liking.

Plot resetting to place Chrissy. But I didn't plan to put pwp to reduce choices to place her anywhere else in the map, and it left a lot of space it can respawn. I was wondering if it was possible to go back one day before the field house is settled to place 2 characters houses in some places + a pwp without risking to maybe cancel or what her moving in ? My last save was the day before the field spot arrives.

I've been thinking about resetting for a while now, but my town has come so far that I don't think I should... I have all of main street except the fortune teller, including the fully upgraded department store, plus a halfway-complete house, and two favorite villagers... but I just really dislike my town layout.
HNI_0017.JPG
I didn't think about it at all when I made my town, and just randomly picked one of the first options and went with it. I also didn't plan out any of the permanent PWP buildings. My house was randomly plopped down as well, and is kind of in an awkward spot.

Is it worth it to reset and lose all my progress, or should I just do what I can with the layout I have?

Plot resetting to place Chrissy. But I didn't plan to put pwp to reduce choices to place her anywhere else in the map, and it left a lot of space it can respawn. I was wondering if it was possible to go back one day before the field house is settled to place 2 characters houses in some places + a pwp without risking to maybe cancel or what her moving in ? My last save was the day before the field spot arrives.

Yes, that's possible, I've done it a few times. :) Just go back to the previous day (last time you saved) by using the 3DS clock to build the new character houses. To be extra safe, I always check with the new character to make sure the plot is not here. Then you can change the date back to today again and continue plot resetting. Whatever you do, don't log in as your mayor on the day Chrissy is placing her plot. Good luck!

I've been thinking about resetting for a while now, but my town has come so far that I don't think I should... I have all of main street except the fortune teller, including the fully upgraded department store, plus a halfway-complete house, and two favorite villagers... but I just really dislike my town layout.
View attachment 45629
I didn't think about it at all when I made my town, and just randomly picked one of the first options and went with it. I also didn't plan out any of the permanent PWP buildings. My house was randomly plopped down as well, and is kind of in an awkward spot.

Is it worth it to reset and lose all my progress, or should I just do what I can with the layout I have?

If you are really attached to what you got so far, but really want to reset at the same time, you still can find kind and generous people around here who will accept to keep your villagers the time for you to reset and all. The same goes for you items and Bells I guess. As you'll just restart, you won't have to do cycle things for you villagers. If you need to use some shops that you won't get before long, you can ask for it on the appropriate forum, there is always people to help you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yes, that's possible, I've done it a few times. :) Just go back to the previous day (last time you saved) by using the 3DS clock to build the new character houses. To be extra safe, I always check with the new character to make sure the plot is not here. Then you can change the date back to today again and continue plot resetting. Whatever you do, don't log in as your mayor on the day Chrissy is placing her plot. Good luck!

Oh, thank you very much ! On my way to do that then ~

Last edited:
I'm going to be resetting my 2nd town that is currently a cycling town.
I finished my first town and want to work on a 2nd one, with the perfect map.

Would anybody be kind enough to hold Gayle, some times and hybrids for me? ^^

Back