• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

The Resetting Thread

My town's nice, not really developed (don't have the cafe or paths yet)
tumblr_n5b5p45KZD1tb1epoo1_500.jpg
I quite like the layout, not perfect but whatever. The thing is...my house (and Pietro..one of my dreamies) house's are JUST where a bridge would be ideal. It's kinda annoying. Also, I have about half of my dreamies. Hm..

Last edited:
My town's nice, not really developed (don't have the cafe or paths yet)
View attachment 45179
I quite like the layout, not perfect but whatever. The thing is...my house (and Pietro..one of my dreamies) house's are JUST where a river would be ideal. Also, I have 6/10 dreamies. Hm..

If you feel like resetting, go with your gut instinct.

I say get your dreamies held. Let go of three dreamies (a smug, uchi, and another personality) and get the other three held. You can plot reset for smugs and uchis.

Last edited:
Can anyone help me decide if I should reset or not? D:
I've never really liked my map that much, I chose my town for the villagers and native fruit (yes, very stupid) but this was before all the stuff about how to get unwanted villagers out came out. I think I've just grown bored with my town, and I don't really have anything else to do.. But if I restarted, I'd lose all my dreamies, all my badges, all my hours, all my PWP requests etc. I don't know, my town just has almost no space to build anything. Opinions?

Post your map :) Then I can see if there's any way to maximize space orsoemthing. But what you could do is cycle out villagers and get people to hold them and plot reset. That way you can get the houses close together and have more space.

Can anyone help me decide if I should reset or not? D:
I've never really liked my map that much, I chose my town for the villagers and native fruit (yes, very stupid) but this was before all the stuff about how to get unwanted villagers out came out. I think I've just grown bored with my town, and I don't really have anything else to do.. But if I restarted, I'd lose all my dreamies, all my badges, all my hours, all my PWP requests etc. I don't know, my town just has almost no space to build anything. Opinions?
Always restart.

I might just ditch the idea of a set in stone 10 dreamies, I like going with the flow and seeing animals move naturally. Of course, I'll control who moves in from wi-fi/campsite but...prrp. Is this a good idea for a new town?

Ugghh this thread just makes me want to restart why do you do this to me.

Only thing is, I do like my town but I love redoing things to make it better. I mean I can progress quickly it took me three weeks to get the cafe. I love my map but my town hall and plaza placement could be better. I also reeaally regret my campsite placement, it is unworkable. Curt lives behind me and Marshal right next to me. Muffy lives in front of me. My map is cool but there are better ones out there.

I have 6 dreamies. I would get Vesta, Skye, and Bluebear held. I can plot reset for Mira and Marshal, and possibly get Fauna or another desired villager as a starter.

I need help on whether I should reset or not.

Reasons I want to reset:

My town map, first of all, is disgusting. My town hall is in the middle of the biggest part of my town, so I have no room over there to finish projects. I also have four ponds, three of which are in the most intrusive and annoying spots, completely ruining my pathing. I also have rocks in really dumb places, because one rock is in the middle of a bunch of villagers, so it's just sticking out of my path, the second is right next to the Plaza, so I can't really path to the Plaza, and then another is in the middle of an orchard I was planning. Also, I put my house in the dumbest spot (originally thought it would be cool), which is right next to a cliff so I have no room to decorate my house.

Reasons I don't want to reset:

I started the game when it first came out, and I like to have that on my town player card thing. I also have Re-Tail in an amazing position, perfect for my town. The only other reason is that I have Lolly and Stitches, who I freaking love so much, and Lolly was one of my starting people... I'd miss her so much. Also, Stitches just moved in and he is so freaking adorable.

Side Notes:

I spent a really long break from this game when school started, so I'm not that far into it. I don't have T&T fully upgraded, my town isn't close to being pathed, don't have a fully upgraded house (just got first bedroom), and I also don't even have things like the Cafe.

Should I restart, or no?
repost

I reset. 5th attempt, have a decent workable layout and...
>2 of my dreamies as starters and also Bob.

YES.

I have this layout and Rudy, Bob, Fauna, Mint and Patty! Smiling so hard right now (will plot reset for O'Hare/Marshal/Katt/Mira/whatever cranky tomorrow)
tumblr_n5bihka12c1tb1epoo1_500.jpg

I'm kind of toying with the idea of doing a total reset like
just saving my tools, money, and hybrid pairs (only 2 of each kind vs taking all of them)
nothing else.

really the only reason i'm saving some of this is for my catalog (I don't even want some of these sets i'm preparing to move over, i just want to fill the catalog)
it sounds kind of appealing but there's a few things i just couldn't part with; i'm too attached to my furniture :^)

Exactly the kind of map I wanted and Whitney, Papi, Fang, Wendy and Rod (all in pretty good spaces but I suppose I'll trade them for other villagers)
Can't pass this one up.

And a huge +1 is that it doesn't have a gazillion of rocks in unnecessary places.

Last edited:
In the middle of resetting. Does 'Cape May' sound like a cute town name? I am having a cutesy but natural cafe theme and I think 'cape may cafe' would have a ring to it as my home theme ? ▽ ` )ノ Cape May cafe is a restaurant in Disney World that I love so it is mostly named after that :3 I also think it's very cute ;u;

I'm kind of toying with the idea of doing a total reset like
just saving my tools, money, and hybrid pairs (only 2 of each kind vs taking all of them)
nothing else.

really the only reason i'm saving some of this is for my catalog (I don't even want some of these sets i'm preparing to move over, i just want to fill the catalog)
it sounds kind of appealing but there's a few things i just couldn't part with; i'm too attached to my furniture :^)

Put your furniture in your closet and don't take it out until you have the same house expansion as you did when you reset.

I hate all these lucky people </3

I jumped the gun and reset and I must say, it feels good! It always does imo. I have found plenty of good maps, just they end up with cherries or pears and unbearable villagers.

I have settled on Cape May. I was thinking of Cape Cod as a Tokyo Disneysea/Duffy the Disney bear reference, but Cape may has a better ring to it and fits my theme better.

I am looking for paths and QR outfits, but I know that I am going to have light brown pigtails as my hairstyle.

My dreamies will be Fauna (priority), Vesta (second priority), Lolly, Bluebear, Chrissy, Francine, Mira, Marshal, Fang and Bill/Beau

Last edited:
Is it bad I'm considering resetting one of my villages over a plot reset mistake?
I find my layout okay (It's LITERALLY the same as the one Squart posted), and I would have to get someone to hold my current dreamies, but this one mistake with plot resetting is going to drive me mad.
Just today I managed to get my hands on Kyle, and I had the perfect pace for him planned out. And then I went and mucked up big time. I messed up the plot resetting on my first attempt, and got him directly in front of my campsite, which is the worst place he could of possibly gone. I could try to work around it, but I really feel like that would be super hard, and that I wouldn't be happy with it in the long run.
I need advice! I really am at a crossroads here!
(If it's any help, I'm not that far in, but I have 3 dreamies, including Kyle, there already, with a 4th in my cycling town :/)

Back