• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The Resetting Thread

I just bought a second copy of acnl, I'm going to reset for an awesome map starting today! Wish me luck, haha.

Do any of you care about the town's native fruit when resetting? I tend to highly favor cherries and apples over all others because I like the way their perfect forms look like, so having them on trees is more like my aesthetic I guess. I always reset when I get oranges or pears since I don't like how the perfects look like. I'm indifferent about peaches.

hey folks,im currently resetting a secondary copy i bought today in hopes of getting lolly.
currently about 20 resets in!

good luck to all you resetters ; -; It's a tiring process but worth it once you find a great town!
i think next time i get the itch to reset i'm just going to take that as my sign i need to drop the game for a while.
when i get back i'll pick up my town in whatever state it's in and work it out from there.

I can't even count how many times I tried to reset in an attempt top get Wart Jr. I didn't like my original town that much anyway, and after skipping a couple of months of playing, I figured it couldn't hurt too much to reset. I ended up not get Wart Jr., but I did get a great layout. One side of the town is empty, with the exception of my house, and I plan on making a sort of park there with PWPs. I'll just plot reset if I end up getting villagers trying to move there.

Just reset my cycling town (Cause I was getting a flood of awful villagers).
Got a decent map with some decent villagers (Fang, Antonio, Skye, Pudge, and Whitney) on the second attempt:
yep_by_xipath-d7gnsdm.png

So I want to reset... But I'm not too fond of losing ALL of my items. I don't know what to dooooo.
It's common to have other people hold your most important items while you reset. There's a lot of trustworthy people on here, so that shouldn't be a problem! You can check their wifi-rating for some extra reassurance, too.

Good luck!
Gosh, when I decided I'd reset for a good town map on my new town, I never thought it would take this long :p

Okay, that was only two tries in the end ^^' I had already decided not to be too picky. At first he wanted his house near the cliff, right in my path to the ramp... So that was a no go. The second time he was somewhere more secluded, but not in the way of anything major, I had planned to build a path the was going right next to it, so he will have a lovely path to his house =) (if only Celia would move away cause she's like... IN THE WAY)

Edit: Celia just pinged to move, wooot!

Last edited:
Okay, that was only two tries in the end ^^' I had already decided not to be too picky. At first he wanted his house near the cliff, right in my path to the ramp... So that was a no go. The second time he was somewhere more secluded, but not in the way of anything major, I had planned to build a path the was going right next to it, so he will have a lovely path to his house =) (if only Celia would move away cause she's like... IN THE WAY)

Lol, happy for you!
My good town map didn't take long either :p And I'm even happier with it, because Hamlet is one of my starting villagers! :D (What a coincidence!)

I'll may reset my cycle soon to start a Spanish town but I'll need to get Stitches, Fauna and Punchy out first and I'm sooooo lazy.

I think i found a map! Just gonna check it has peaches.

/Edit/
Ok villagers, nice rock layout.....Apples.
Keep resetting folks.

Last edited:
IMG_9719.jpg

I don't like my town, it feels so cramped. I hate having houses on the northern half. But I love my river shape. I don't know if I should restart, I have so much done and I don't want to lose streetpass houses...

What do you guys think of my map?? Be honest!

Honestly I love it. And if you'll take my word for it: that's saying something. I only like a select few maps. You put everything in a lovely place too. The only thing I don't like is how your villagers are in an orderly line. xD I prefer my villagers' houses to be put in a more random fashion 'cause then it looks more realistic and natural.

You have a pretty sweet town, IMO. This is one of the very few times I'd encourage against resetting.

Back