• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

The Resetting Thread

I think you should try to stick with this town for as long as possible. If you start to think about what's wrong with it, remind yourself of all the good things too! As long as the layout is fine, I'm sure the rest will all fall into place. I've never heard of anyone that's kept a completely perfect town either, so I'm sure everyone's eventually found something they at least slightly disliked about their town. It might take more time for others, but it happens to everyone. :)
Wishing you (and everyone else stuck in a loop!) the best of luck!
Thank you <3. I'm gonna try

Edit:
I reset it :p. I am resetting right now, with a certain layout and standerds all in mind.
Lets hope when I settle down now, it'll be the last time I have to see rover in ACNL (except for plot resetting of course)

Last edited:
Hello ... My name is Gossy and I'm thinking about resetting. I've had my town since June of last year. I'm a bit emotionally attached to it, but I'm honestly sick of the layout, villagers, public work project locations, trees, all that stuff. I really want a fresh start. But I don't want to necessarily give up all my progress on things like my stores or lose my special items I've gotten from holidays and tournaments. I'm really torn.

Anyone have tips on revamping your town instead of resetting ... Or should I just pull the trigger & move on with a new life in a new town?

Hello ... My name is Gossy and I'm thinking about resetting. I've had my town since June of last year. I'm a bit emotionally attached to it, but I'm honestly sick of the layout, villagers, public work project locations, trees, all that stuff. I really want a fresh start. But I don't want to necessarily give up all my progress on things like my stores or lose my special items I've gotten from holidays and tournaments. I'm really torn.

Anyone have tips on revamping your town instead of resetting ... Or should I just pull the trigger & move on with a new life in a new town?

Well, you can always get someone to hold your items for you. And Main Street upgrades don't take that long. c:

Almost everything is re-obtainable. If you have any really special items that you know you won't get back you can let someone hold them. I definitely recommend resetting in your case. You'll be glad you did.

I recommend making a list of everything you want in a town and resetting until you find that town, because you may end up in a resetting loop after you do it the first time.

Thank you <3. I'm gonna try

Edit:
I reset it :p. I am resetting right now, with a certain layout and standerds all in mind.
Lets hope when I settle down now, it'll be the last time I have to see rover in ACNL (except for plot resetting of course)

Still haven't found layout yet AHH I'm dying

Almost everything is re-obtainable. If you have any really special items that you know you won't get back you can let someone hold them. I definitely recommend resetting in your case. You'll be glad you did.

I recommend making a list of everything you want in a town and resetting until you find that town, because you may end up in a resetting loop after you do it the first time.

After browsing some town maps today I decided I'm going to reset. EEP! Looking at different river set ups I realized how much I've hated running along my current river to fish. Time for something new! I also was thinking about how I really don't have that much DLC or special items. A lot of my DLC I don't even use, I just like having it because it was unique.

I don't really have anyone to hold stuff for me though, so I'll have to just say goodbye!

The one thing I am kind of upset about is losing my original start date for my town. I'm actually debating TT'ing so I can start my town on the same date, and then slowly TT'ing forward till I catch up . . . but I dunno . . . that might be too much work. I've also never been one to TT either, and I might be sad I don't have my NEW start date memorialized once I get into my new town!

It's so weird the things you get attached to . . .

I am making a list of my "must haves" for my map which is the big thing when I reset. I'm not horribly attached to having any particular villagers so that'll make things easier!

After browsing some town maps today I decided I'm going to reset. EEP! Looking at different river set ups I realized how much I've hated running along my current river to fish. Time for something new! I also was thinking about how I really don't have that much DLC or special items. A lot of my DLC I don't even use, I just like having it because it was unique.

I don't really have anyone to hold stuff for me though, so I'll have to just say goodbye!

The one thing I am kind of upset about is losing my original start date for my town. I'm actually debating TT'ing so I can start my town on the same date, and then slowly TT'ing forward till I catch up . . . but I dunno . . . that might be too much work. I've also never been one to TT either, and I might be sad I don't have my NEW start date memorialized once I get into my new town!

It's so weird the things you get attached to . . .

I am making a list of my "must haves" for my map which is the big thing when I reset. I'm not horribly attached to having any particular villagers so that'll make things easier!

Have fun! If you're not much of a time traveler, you should probably just stick with the current date unless you really like your original one.
And like other users have stated, main street upgrades and such don't take too long, as long as you know what you're aiming for. :) Good luck!

Hi! i'm thinking about reseting my second town. >< I'm a bit hesitant as I have my house nearly at full upgrade, all the shops and a lot of time put into it! Iv'e had it since the release date! But recently it just feel like a little bit of a burden to keep it going. The layout is okay but not a big fan. The name is quite common, Oakville. Also I've TTed so much on it it wasn't really enjoyable at the start. One of the things keeping me from moving is Peitro, Bob, and Rosie. But shouldn't playing be fun insted of feeling a bit like a chore? Should I just try and keep it running or go for a fresh start? If I did restart i'd probably go for a themed town. I don't know... opinions would be great!

Last edited:
Hi! i'm thinking about reseting my second town. >< I'm a bit hesitant as I have my house nearly at full upgrade, all the shops and a lot of time put into it! Iv'e had it since the release date! But recently it just feel like a little bit of a burden to keep it going. The layout is okay but not a big fan. The name is quite common, Oakville. Also I've TTed so much on it it wasn't really enjoyable at the start. One of the things keeping me from moving is Peitro, Bob, and Rosie. But shouldn't playing be fun insted of feeling a bit like a chore? Should I just try and keep it running or go for a fresh start? If I did restart i'd probably go for a themed town. I don't know... opinions would be great!

By the sound of it, you don't seem very happy with your town. Since you're saying "it feels like a burden" and "it wasn't really enjoyable", along with the fact that it "feels like a chore", I would recommend resetting. You don't seem pleased with your layout either, and in the future it can become a bigger problem.
Is that town just an extra one? You already seem to have another copy, so if that's maybe your backup town, that's another reason to restart so you can resist the urge to do so with your first one. c:
I hope I helped in some way \(^u^)/

Last edited:
I've been thinking about resetting for a couple months now. I had no idea what I was doing when I started, so a lot of things are not where I want them to be. I also really dislike my town layout and I don't like almost half of my villagers. The only things holding me back is that I have so much progress that I don't want to lose, and I've also grown attached to the villagers I do like. What should I do!?!

Not sure if plot resetting posts can go here as well~

progress_map.png

So I've had my old map for a couple months now but it was bothering me that I couldn't find a spot for a 10th villager that would look nice... and there was a villager plot that was 1-2 tiles too close to the townhall that made it hard design my townhall area. So i decided to move out my dreamies and cycle them back into my town again AND plot reset them so they're more compact. My current map is just missing Julian and Stitches now, who will go into the 1 and 2 spot. The yellow villager house is Merengue and I put her there because i already have another normal, Molly, so if i ever want to move out Merengue, my villager plots will still look nice and tidy with 9 villagers. (this idea also works with stitches who is my 2nd lazy and will be going into the number 2 spot)

I'm getting soooo sick of seeing rover though, but i'm 8/10 of the way towards completion!

Last edited:
Not sure if plot resetting posts can go here as well~

progress_map.png

So I've had my old map for a couple months now but it was bothering me that I couldn't find a spot for a 10th villager that would look nice... and there was a villager plot that was 1-2 tiles too close to the townhall that made it hard design my townhall area. So i decided to move out my dreamies and cycle them back into my town again AND plot reset them so they're more compact. My current map is just missing Julian and Stitches now, who will go into the 1 and 2 spot. The yellow villager house is Merengue and I put her there because i already have another normal, Molly, so if i ever want to move out Merengue, my villager plots will still look nice and tidy with 9 villagers. (this idea also works with stitches who is my 2nd lazy and will be going into the number 2 spot)

I'm getting soooo sick of seeing rover though, but i'm 8/10 of the way towards completion!

Do you have a dream code?
Would love to see that!

So I blew my old town up last night after taking a few screen shots. I'm super excited about my new town ... Once I find it. I spent about two hours resetting last night and still haven't found my dream map ... oh man. I am determined to find one today! Wish me luck!

So I blew my old town up last night after taking a few screen shots. I'm super excited about my new town ... Once I find it. I spent about two hours resetting last night and still haven't found my dream map ... oh man. I am determined to find one today! Wish me luck!
good luck

I'm going to be plot resetting for Merengue tomorrow ;__;
tumblr_n2senshM5K1sw3o8wo1_400.jpg

Tia's house is the nearest one below the cafe
reckon i should plot reset for Merengue to go just above there
then when i get Mint below Marshal, who is the other one next to the town hall
and get the pairings together?

I feel like resetting again.....
would someone be able to hold my stuff? It might take some time til I find a perfect map though...
^^

My sister decided to reset, so I'm in charge of choosing the map! :D hopefully I'll get over my resetting urge after this..

I really love my map, so I can't see myself resetting any time soon! ^_^

Good luck with finding the map, JellyBeans! :D

I reset on the 26th of this month & I'm fairly certain I like the map. The only thing that bugs me are the villagers (damn you Hazel) but that won't matter for too long. I kinda like how the town hall seems "centered" just above the lake idk. I need to start plot resetting for some of my dream villagers & put them in nice spots.
> Cherries (love them omg the perfect cherries are so cute)
> Green town hall
> Green train station
The only reason I like the green town hall & train station is because they match, I don't think I could handle it if they were two different colors.

Back