• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

The Resetting Thread

I found my dream town map but now that I
have it I realized it sucks. I can put a bridge anywhere
and it's extremely hard to put paths down sigh.
I think I'm going to reset again (so sad bc I've already
put about 6 mil into this town woe is me.

1_by_eiko_tan-d7ni6y4.jpg

^^ A lot of people wouldn't like it, but I love everything about it :)

oh my god itch to reset go
away
please no
why did i name my town after something instead of making something up aaaaaaaa
go away
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

the worst part is i haven't even played the zelda game termina is in
i don't even know what game that is
i don't know anything about zelda really
i just know that's the origin of the name

i need help

Last edited:
oh my god itch to reset go
away
please no
why did i name my town after something instead of making something up aaaaaaaa
go away
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

the worst part is i haven't even played the zelda game termina is in
i don't even know what game that is
i don't know anything about zelda really
i just know that's the origin of the name

i need help

...xD
Did you intentionally name it after a game you haven't played...? (Majora's Mask, by the way. Termina is a parallel universe version of the series' usual setting, Hyrule.)

But at least you didn't name your town Hyrule, anyway...

...xD
Did you intentionally name it after a game you haven't played...? (Majora's Mask, by the way. Termina is a parallel universe version of the series' usual setting, Hyrule.)

But at least you didn't name your town Hyrule, anyway...

yes :')
at least i have that piece of solace

Finally getting ready to reset, but wondering if I should just do it rather than get 3 people to hold villagers for me. I was trying to get 3 of them held by cyclers, but only had one person offer so far. So I don't know if I should just bite the bullet and try to get these villagers again, or not. They aren't very popular so they tend to be autovoided, which made them hard to find for a while.

Still resetting! I've found lovely towns, but I'm not so glad with the villagers and townfruit. I want peaches or cherries and awesome starters! I know that you can cycle them out, but I decided not to tt in my new town. I've found a town with:
Apple, Hamlet, Molly, Filbert<3<3, and Gloria. They are so cute and I love them all, but I don't want really popular villagers. ;/
Resetting again! Okay,nice map.. Let's see the villagers!

Villagers are: Wolfgang, Felicity, Anchovy, Gwen and Merengue! Neh, let's reset again!

Last edited:
Why care for the villagers? You can easily move them out lol

- - - Post Merge - - -

But the itch to reset really gets to me. My map is okay but I really am starting to hate the town name and mayor name. yikes. I have to just let it go away lol I'm never going to complete my dream town if I keep resetting.

Last edited:
Like I said, I don't want to cycle them out bc I don't wanna tt in this town. Still resetting. I'm planning on keeping this one, let's see my starters! Okay, So I have: Ribbot, Crackle/Spork, Cookie, Olivia, and Marcie. Not that bad! But, I don't want Olivia and Cookie again. They've been in all my towns now. I got peaches, which I really like! But, this isn't really the map that I want. Let's try again one more time!

Got a nice map! And the red roof station which I like best, and my villagers are... I see Ruby, Nan, Cobb, Static, and Drake. I don't like them, plus I got apples. I'm going to quit resetting now. Trying one more town, I really hope that this is the perfect one! Map is ok, only thing I don't like about it is the town hall next to the station! Fingers crossed for nice villagers.. Green roof this time, but I don't really care about the roof. x3 And my villagers are awful.. xd I really want it done now. I'm going to take the next one, no mather what villagers. Map is ok! Arriving in Azalea now, very excited! Let's see the villagers :3 I can't keep this one. Well, let's reset again.. .-.

Yeah, but that will take really long. Okay, I really don't want to reset anymore. This is the one, I really like my map! No weird areas, town hall in the bottom, plaza in the top. My villagers are: Bill, Bubbles, Aurora, Portia, and Hugh! I like them! Not 100% sure if I keep them, though

I've got someone else over to weed Edolas before I reset it again~

I'm pretty excited to see what kind of layout and villagers I roll this time. Especially since I completed my main town lineup, so I can be a lot more lax about "looking" for villagers.

Layouts with the Town Plaza in the middle of a dip in the river irritate me. D: Gonna try for another one with it off to the side again.

I finally found my perfect town!! My villagers:
Tank, Alli, Lucky, Gladys, and Tangy! I don't really like Lucky, but the others are amazing!

okay i did some landscaping and that satiated the urge thank god
when in doubt, chop down all your trees and dig up everything and migrate flowers to the beach, then slowly plant everything back.
apparently it works. ^^;

Last edited:
Well...I reset. I was TTing and I had two fashion checks and pretty much all the fossils and had made a lot of progress on my house....in about a week. And I was having his huge and frankly strange issue with plot resetting where I would reset 5 times and no one would show up until I actually loaded my town with my mayor and then they would be in a bad spot. I wasn't enjoying it.

However now I have a town with a decent layout, I like all my villagers well enough with one I LOVE because of his house but I'm just not feeling it all because of the stupid fruit. I KNOW I can just get other fruits but I have Peaches like my last town and Cherries from isabelle like I had it my first town and I just really want something new.

Back