The Resetting Thread

Yes last time I reset I specifically wanted apples, roses, and blue airport. Took me over 12 days to get it. I didn't really care for the map itself though. South and west river exits. Beaches are really narrow in most spots and I don't like where the peninsula is. Well over a year later I've decided to reset again to find something I like better. Still want those 3 things but a better map. After I adopt out as many of my villagers as possible I'll be in resetting purgatory again. Not looking forward to that part but I know if I don't give up I'll find what I'm looking for.

Really wish none of the beginning stuff was so random. It just takes so long to get what you want sometimes. For a game built around customization it just seems like you're forced to settle for certain things.

Just deleted Pookytopia 2.0 and now moving on to Pookytopia 3.0! LF apples, roses, and a blue airport. Onward to reset purgatory!

After only 6-7 hours of resetting I got a beautiful island. South and east river exits. Lovely placed waterfalls. Quinn and Hamlet for starters. Hello Pookytopia 3.0. Thank you awesome Bell Tree user Moonlight for holding my items and giving me iron and cherries! Enjoying the game again now.

resetting my island again after a long break lol. the only things i care abt this time are having peaches and hyacinths. i think i want resident services closer to the airport too. im trying to not care too much about things being perfect bc it just ruins the game for me and i get burnt out ):

well,,, i didn't necessarily reset but I did flatten! i had been contemplating resetting or flattening for months, not satisfied with the themes i was doing and unsure of where to go, but i finally decided on a theme! i'm doing a springcore island and i can't wait to decorate it after i work on my entrance and finish flattening the north side of my map. <3

So I honestly haven't played New Horizons at all since 2020, but after a long break I think I'm ready to get back into it. I'm also sold on restarting my island, which is weird to me because I never reset my New Leaf island, but I can't say I really have any core memories of my old New Horizons town. It was honestly just kind of ... forgettable to me, which again is kind of odd since I played the game nonstop from release throughout the summer. I think looking back I got burned out after I paid off all my loans in a few months and then didn't really have any design vision for my island (I don't time travel fwiw).

Any advice from people who have reset?? I don't care that much about my starters or town fruit or what color Dodo Airlines is. I think my main focus is just going to be taking my time, setting small goals for myself, and trying to emulate a classic Animal Crossing experience.

I had a very long break, last time I was a super perfectionist and burnt myself out trying to get the perfect map and starters. This time I only have 2 things I want and thats Hyacinths and peaches, preference for the airport is orange, but im fine with whatever. Only resetting if I get Plucky or Patty as either of my starters.

The theme I want is something sweet and fairy like with my favorite villagers. Granted I dont want to rush but I will TT whenever I feel like.

I’m considering restarting and here’s my question, will I have to start again w happy home paradise too? That would be enough to make me rethink this…

I’m considering restarting and here’s my question, will I have to start again w happy home paradise too? That would be enough to make me rethink this…
Yes all your HHP progress is wiped with your save file, forcing you to start HHP from the beginning on your new island.

Thinking about officially restarting my second island on my lite! <3 I've pondered this many times, but today my hubby reset his island (he hasn't played in a looooong time), and I think it would be fun to reset along side him! Plus tomorrow is ACNHs b-day. What a great way to celebrate! :,)💛

I reset my island of Equinox. I flattened it and then did not like the fact that I flattened it and once again terraforming took over my entire game play so I am taking a hiatus from the game.

I am going to probably restart my main island. After flattening it last month I am just not feeling it right now. What I want to do is to get 10 villager photos on the island, make a new user like carbon copy of my main resident "Sora", then I need to give all my old stuff to my new Sora character. I have to fully upgrade the home, do Happy Home Paradise, get all the Terraforming features on their Nookphone, Then I have to move him off the island to Quadratum (2nd island on the 2nd Switch) then I restart. Finally I will be able to start terraforming on the new island after transfering him from the 2nd island to the new island. This like a crazy and outlandish idea but if I can somehow pull it off then that will be great.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about resetting aswell... Just ugh, I'm not sure. I've collected so many DIY's and cataloged almost every furniture item possible in all colors. My island isn't done, but I've also come back from a long period of not playing and just don't like my villagers that much anymore. Also my island is FULL of flowers which are a pain to clear out.

I did consider buying a second Switch just to be able to start again without losing the progress of my first island, but can't really justify that either. Not sure what to do! I'm scared I might regret resetting. :(

Okay after almost three week hiatus, I'm ready to start my new island I'm going to call Rainbow. The theme is going to be colors. It's going to be a colorful wonderland.

ugh so tempted to restart and go with a cozy cat island themed around the peacefulness of botw's hateno and kakariko villages...maybe name it serenity or windfall or slumber or something else calming......

oooo and minimal terraforming....

Last edited:
i want to name my island something different, but i dread having to collect everything all over again..

i didn’t know your island name was permanent when i made it 2 years ago 😭

I restarted my island on March 20th 2023 ahhhhhhhh. I occasionally regret it when I think about it, but only because of things like gathering DIYs and getting houses built. I just wasn't motivated to keep working on that island!

Back