• For our final bonus event, answer 18 challenging questions in The Bell Tree Fair 2024 Quiz! Submit your answers by Saturday, August 31st at 11:59 PM EDT to earn anywhere from 0 - 9 extra tickets and throwback tickets. Good luck!

The Poksquare - A whole new way to breed

Fabioisonfire

total a-hole
Bells
Tickets
Throwback Tickets
Confetti
Hey, guys. With my studying in my Selective Breeding articles, I think I discovered something BIG, which opens up a whole new way to breed.

It all started out when I was in Science class, and we were talking about Gregor Mendel, the Punnet Square, pea plants, and his famous work in genetics.

Then, I thought of Pokemon breeding, and if his methods could be used in a similar way with Pokemon breeding.

I bred and bred, and thought and thought, until I came up with an idea.

Instead of using the traditional 4 square Punnet square, I slanted it, making it like an X.

Here is the original Poksquare, use it to your needs. I hope it will become a big part of breeding:

The Poksquare
Poksquare.png

Below, I will desctice it.

I had four Plusles:

Male1: 11 a
Male2: 11 a
Female1: 11 a
Female2: 12 A

The numbers next to the Plusles represent the Attack of each Pokemon, starting at level 5.
The a's next to the Attack represents either Dominant or Recessive gene in attack.

a = Recessive (An attack of 11)
A = Dominant (An attack of 12)
(You may change this to your needs.)

If two recessive genes come together, they will form the recessive attack, which is 11, and will form what I'll call a 'Stat Hybrid'.

If two dominant genes come together, they will form the dominant attack, which is 12, and will form what I'll call a 'Stat Purebred'.

Now, when a recessive and dominant gene come together, it's a bit more complex, but most likely, the dominant gene will cover the recessive one, which means if aA come together, the babies attack will most likely be 12.

Male1 bred with Female1. The two had an attack of 11 (a), so I predicted the baby would have an attack of 11, which was correct.

Male2 and Female2 bred, and I expected the baby to have an attack of 12 (A), which again, was correct.

I then took the family, Baby1 and Baby2 (Attacks of 11 and 12.), and bred them.

Here is the Poksquare for it:

ps11.png

The numbers in the two boxes in red to the left represent Baby1's parents genes. They go to the top and bottom spots.

The numbers in the two boxes to the top represent Baby2's parents genes, which go to the left and right spots.

The white area in the Poksquare represents what I predicted would be Baby1 and Baby2's offspring. It had two littlecase a's, so I predicted the baby's attack would be 11.

The gray area represents the next baby, which I predicted would have an attack of 12.

Which it did.

Enjoy the use of this new invention. Although the Poksquare may not always be 100.99% correct, you can count on it.

Example: If you have two lowercase a's, and expect an attack of 11, but the baby is 10, you can assume that the lowercase a will represent lower attack.

Tell me what you think.

I'm not cdertain it works with pokemon but there are ways to breed special moves and tendicies into pokemon I think, but it is the personality that regulates attack and stuff.

But you may find that when done right TM and HM moves as well as taught and occasionally moves from a different breed can be given to offspring.

i studied that last year in biology, and i nerv thought about it in pokemon terms. its very interesting what you did.
now try it with the 4x4s. :lol:

I have a big test on this stuff tomorrow.

:p

Alleles and genes and all that stuff. It's pretty easy.

This would be cool if it always worked.

I downloaded an Emeral ROM just to experience the whole breeding and pokemon experience one last time on some rainy day.

SPORGE27 said:
Ahh Biology, so easy compared to a college level Physics class, I miss it now.
I'll bet I'll say that in a few years.

I one of the younger people here.... I think.. so I don't know what your talking about. Justin's the youngest though

:p From what I tell by his birthday.

Back