The Killer App of the DS

Bulerias

Co-Founder of TBT
Retired Staff
Bells
In Japan, with the release of Nintendogs, half a million DS units were sold, along with the game. In America, the audience is different, and even though Nintendogs is bound to sell a lot here as well, it won't be the DS's killer app. What do you think will be the killer app for the DS? Animal Crossing DS with its online play that AC fans have been dreaming about? Or maybe Mario Kart with 4 player online mayhem along with retro courses? Or maybe even a future game, like Zelda DS? Discuss.

isn't Mario Kart 8 player...

and yeah, for me its Animal Crossing DS, but im sure, seeing how many Zelda fans there are, a zelda game would be big... maybe Super Smash.

PIRANHA2 said:

and yeah, for me its Animal Crossing DS, but im sure, seeing how many Zelda fans there are, a zelda game would be big... maybe Super Smash.
8 player for offline games, 4 player for online.

The only LoZ game said to be released so far is Four Swords, which was a very very poor attempt at Multiplayer gaming. So, I wouldn't be so hyper over Four Swords.

UltraByte said:
The only LoZ game said to be released so far is Four Swords, which was a very very poor attempt at Multiplayer gaming. So, I wouldn't be so hyper over Four Swords.
are you kidding me... get 4 people playing that with 4 GBA's and what do you have... a spilled bowl of popcorn, someone over in the corner screaming, people chocking other people, and someone puting salt in your drink...

ahh the memories...

seriously... that game rules with 4 people

:)

] [quote="PIRANHA2 said:

8 player for offline games, 4 player for online. [/quote]
ok i dont have DS so idk what that means
how is it possible to have more people offline than online??

im JW

mmm said:
] [quote="PIRANHA2 said:

8 player for offline games, 4 player for online.
ok i dont have DS so idk what that means
how is it possible to have more people offline than online??

im JW [/quote]
Well, I mean that if you have 8 people with a DS, and one of them has Mario Kart, you can all play a match. But this is only for Local games, in which you actually see the people you play with. But with online, you can only play with 4 people at a time.

Back