Red Tulip
Winter Mittens
Orange Mote of Flame
July Birthstone (Ruby)
Waluigi Easter Egg
Green Fair Pinwheel
Rainbow Feather
Green Feather
Okay so, I just made a channel on SORCERYNET. Since people here probably don't know how to use irc, I'll give a quick tutorial. (I'm MaDNeSs in the channel, just so yall know.)

First: You're going to want to GET irc, or use a Java client. It's easy to do. First, go here:
http://www.sorcery.net/chat.html

Type the nickname you want into the nickname field (It would probably be better if you just used your Forum Nickname) and the channel. Global irc channels always have a # in front of the name, so you'll simply type in #thebelltree in the field. It's not case sensitive.

Now, sometimes you'll run into the problem where someone already has the nick you want to use, or it's registered. To change your nickname type:

/nick (Yournickhere)

If you want to register your nickname so no one else can use it the command is:

/ns register (Password) (Email)

Keep in mind no brackets have to be used, but for simplicity I'm putting them in.

Everytime you log on if you register your nickname, you'll have to login. The command is:

/ns id (password)

Some things about irc:

Only certain people can use certain commands. For instance, anyone with an @ in front of their name makes them an operator of a channel. They can kick, ban, change topics, send global channel alerts, and add other people to their rank list.

For anyone with a + they have a voice. That means if the channel is moderated for any reason, it makes them able to still speak. It does little more than that.

If you don't have a symbol you don't have a rank, easy as that.

IF you for some reason do not want to use that java client you can download mirc at mirc.com. The server is IRC.SORCERY.NET.

Zr388 said:
And yes I just stole my own text from another post. Deal w/it
I am unable to deal w/it. :(

I think tbt still has/had an irc server.. the on-site link just got taken down :/

We had an IRC server but it was taken down due to inactivity. Personally I would like for it to be put back up, but I don't think it's going to be.

Muffun said:
We had an IRC server but it was taken down due to inactivity. Personally I would like for it to be put back up, but I don't think it's going to be.
it's still up. :/

germy just hid the link to the java applet/easy peasy chat.

I'll post the info on the "official" channel when I stop being lazy, as it's on my irc client.

Go for it. The room I made is just me and m12 hanging out because we usually lurk on sorcery anyway.

Psychonaut said:
Muffun said:

germy just hid the ]It is? :eek:

Well no one goes to it anyway. xD

Me, M12 and ZR are currently talking about women cutting off their nipples. Funtimes.

Muffun said:
Psychonaut said:
Muffun said:

germy just hid the ]It is? :eek:

Well no one goes to it anyway. xD
xchat's being a *censored.4.0*, so I can't get the server info .-.

bonus points to whoever can tell me how to find it without running xchat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back