Native Fruit
Pear
Native Flower
Lilies
newislanders.png

Rowan.png

Derwin.png

Ruby.png

Trying a new design layout, since I think it'd be fun to see how they got their bounties. It also means I have to harass my villagers more to get something good as their crime. Also I received Rowan's photo, so I wanted to post this before he moved away.

Rowan's Big Dream
---
Ew1YClVUYAMiA10

Just don't eat anyone.

Ew1YClTVEAcfcgA

You really don't need to do that.

Ew1YClQVgAcwwPg

Rowan, please.

Louie swings in!
Louie.png

A soul penetrating gaze indeed.

I already gained his photo and he's honestly such a nice gorilla. Not sure if he'll be a permanent resident though.

LouieYoga.png

Where's your eyeballs?

A BOOTIFUL BIRTHDAY
Featuring: @Licorice, @Dunquixote, and my friend Ben.

ExdbQpgUUAEHMxW

Look at him frolic. He's so cute. Peewee is looking good too.

ExdbQpVUYAADtfd

Licorice bringing in the top tier fashion.

CouchBuddies.png

Last edited:
Prom_Banner.png

---
Part 1: Opening Night
with Dunquixote, Mick, NefariousKing, and xara

EzxcEQZVIAAkXRB

Might as well strike a devilish pose and look good

EzxcEQhVIAAVUQA

Taking a picture of the goods

Part 2: Drunken Stupor w/ Fiery Attitudes
with Dunquixote, NefariousKing, Licorice, and WaileaNoRei
Ez2i5W6WQAgTsG5

Let the booze flow through your veins.

Ez2i5YJXIAMIJ67

Nef is obviously overwhelmed to be the appointed 'Ladies Man'.

Ez2jq0DVUAEdTqE

Apparently yelling at someone to move their big, fat, head outta your prom picture does the opposite.

Ez2jq4sX0AM4QgX

Don't mess with me! Haven't you seen my
passport?

Ez2i5YeXEAMpPji

I haven't done anything evil yet and I get subjected to this abuse 🥺

Ez2j3XmVgAAGVSg

Don't Licorice and I look good? We're hot and dangerous.

image1.jpg

Steamy Wario™ and Moist Wario™ coming to stores near you!

Duuuurwin's Birthday
May 25th
E2RfO-WUcAA5ZVo

E2RfO9tVEAA_mud

Pitfall the nerdiest duck
E2RaQ3MVgAAED11

E2RaQ3dVkAISJbY

it didn't work anyways, thanks to the power of the shovel

Some Derwin highlights
EzNA04YVIAY6EjZ

Pudge merges with his umbrella

EztsKB0UYAEzNL4

I got stuck in looping conversation where he forgot he got a package, forgot halfway what he was doing and then gave me the package

EztsKBdVcAAbKnX

Boom. Re-gifted it back and he wears it forever

newislanders.png

Clay.png

Sorry, I couldn't resist playing with this phrase

250.png
Perfection

I'd love to know the juxtaposition of his picture. His home and name are clearly organic yet here he has the future-tech wall in his photo.
Quite mysterious.​

E2mEBzRUYAE9TlG

Ooo'ing so hard at his booklet of bugs

E3MlCIrVcAAZi81

He is now the part-time temple guardian

Marina.png

I'm gonna curse her. Keep scrolling if you dare

E25mbGuVUAAD16j

Tube tops are perfect outfit choices for non-permanent villagers. Though permanent villagers can work too

E25mbGzUcAAXmQh

Shiny, slimey skin textures

Understanding her crime
Marinaanatomy.png

Marinastrange.png

Look deeply if you dare

Note: I think Marina is cute and I understand she's based off cartoony versions of an octopus. I'm just being cheeky.​

Title.png

Goal:
build a guillotine out of cut-out standees that looks structural sound than a stand alone.

G1.png

G2.png

G3.png

G4.png

Notes:
This design is far from perfect but I feel that I have achieved what I wanted so far. The time of day and visible space between the two standees can easily break the illusion but it's not a big deal. To get around the seasonal color changes, I've made four different bottom standees to match the grass and cliffs which I'll change out accordingly.
The biggest challenge was figuring out what do with the negative space of the top standee where I first tried to color match the sky. When I began trying different ideas I also had to fight with a very limited palette. If that wasn't enough, another annoying factor was that each time I adjusted the custom design, the whole standee would disappear meaning I'd have to place the standee again and again.

This was the first building/structure I've made on my island. It was a lot of trial and error but that comes with design!​

Marina_Dinner.png

Marina_Menu_small.png

featuring Mick and Nefarious
E-hYsYcVQAA_cS9

E-hYsYTUcAUZR4Z

dinnerforthree.png

E-hYsYDUUAEby9t

feeling hungry?
The inspiration

E-hX1wUVcAET_IP

while walking through my fish market, I was hit with a great idea!

inspiration.png

octopus sounds delicious!

textures.png

Last edited:
new_islander.png

Rod.png

Rod is not 100% to blame for this dangerous mistake.

catchphrase_meat.png

Rory was the one who.. introduced Rod to this catchphrase. Thus the nightmare was born.

RoryBounty.png

Rory will not be given a light sentence for this. It's one thing to share a catchphrase but to make a good guy force on a pirate island?
Nuh uh. Think again, buddy.

RoryRod-small.png

Bonding on the bench

E-1E5tlVkAAfz3X

Poor Clay. He waits and waits.

E-1E5tUVIAETUjd

E-1E5twVkAEk5lp

Muscles are nice.

MeatForce-small.png

God help me.

Title.png

FD6LNjAVQAMN_zW

Kapp'n will now be an accessory for my crimes.
---
TeeheeTiki_map.png

Not a lot has changed but there's three new villagers. I'll have to play catch up later on their wanted posters.
For now, I'm focusing on adding new secrets and items to my island.

---
House Appearance & Ladders!

daynight.png

Originally I planned on dropping ladders throughout my island whenever I decided to release a dream address.
Now I don't have to drop bright red toolboxes everywhere.

FEoTDxZVQAo8Umc

FEoTDxTUUAAYAv5

FD6LNigVUAA2pdF

Nothing to see here.

Baroldtitle.png

So I had this terrifying bear-man-cub make his way onto my island and I said sure why not. He's a funny character and I have nothing against him. He has become quite stubborn of not handing over his picture but thanks to this hefty update, I have given him a new occupation and vacation home. He can now live forever on HHP.

Barold_sees_all.png

Ah, what a lovely sight to see within his home.

Barold_visit.png

Already infiltrated my mansion and proceeded to tell me a gross story how he tried to clean spilt milk by licking it up. Thanks.

Baroldtitle2.png

DrBarold.png

It's important as a doctor to take snack breaks. Like this orange creamsicle. Don't worry, he's real careful not to get drips on his patients.

DrBarold2.png

Dr. Barold knows the best way to calm his patients like reading comic books to them. He also likes to utilize reverse psychology.

reviews.png

No bad reviews here!

DrJokes.png

At the end of the day, Dr. Barold is still.. a living thing. He works hard and sometimes experiences anxiety.

hospital_title.png

Yay!

Baroldtitle3.png

FHCc1XsVEAMsm9S

No such thing as a HOA here!

FHCc1XiVIAIOUsV

Simple and comfy.​

Pinky_titlecard.png

Pink_crime.png

I have a tendency of making terrible catchphrases for specific villagers even though I know full well they will eventually pass it all onto each other. Clay was given "slurp" because I thought it'd match well to the whole lazy personality with their obsession on food.

The conversation
pinky_slurp.png

Pinky's use of the intense reaction and her immense height is a great combination of intimidation. Especially when Clay has a really good sad/nervous face during this conversation. Then there was a zoomies convention happening with poor Label in the middle. I managed to trap Tiffany who could not escape.

Previous catchphrase
pinky_meat.png

She initially took Rod's catchphrase and I was okay with it since it was funny. However she's switched to Clay's, I feel a bit mortified.

fabulous.png

insult.png

doodle_small.png

New Island Developments and Plans?
current_trapped_villagers_1.png

I updated my current villagers wanted posters. My permanent villagers all got a new background while the temporary/undecided villagers keep the jail bar theme. Pinky did leave but that'll be another time to post an updated lineup.

FZoOPYZUIAAVrT0

The island itself hasn't changed but I started to update areas with the newer items. Then I began to change my permanent villagers homes to fit the theme and my own dumb stories. My house also went through a big interior makeover.

I plan to showcase my home, villagers through their personality, homes and screenshots I really like. Then transition to back showing island life, design and a mixture of HHP homes. All that mixed with my silly drawings.

Daisy might regret living here..

FZxa2qTUYAABE8U
FZxa2qCUUAAHWMq

I don't have any normals living on my island and I took her for the time being. She reminds me of a grandma because of her soft colors and her little eyebrows + eyes.

FZ77BzMUUAEpyCl

Right at home, in the thick of the jungle.

FZ77BzEUYAE0Uqf

Her interior isn't so bad. I made myself comfy and watched a documentary about wild animals.

FZ77BzIVUAAD8rD

latteart.png

I stopped at four because I got lazy.​

Map.png
A2: Seaside Jail - three prisoners already captured.
A4: Pirate's Mansion - where the boss resides.
B1: Guillotine - a definite dead end.
B4: Oozey Booze - a makeshift shop of peculiar drinks.
B6: Workszone - WIP/test area for my own shenanigans.
C2: Deadman's Gulp - a grimy bar for the hardiest sea-legs.
C3: Jungle Ruins - anchor-shaped ruins covered in moss and vines.
C4: Boney Oasis - small floating islands shaped like bones.
C5: Skull Cliff - skull-shaped cliff. Is something up there?
D2: Farm - a healthy diet is important for a growing hooligan.
E3: Tourist Trap - free drinks and friendly vibes.
E5: Fish Market - fresh produce, food and cruelty served here!
F2: Muscle Beach - loud music and increased testosterone.
F3: Turtle Shore - turtles.
F5: Sandy Bums - veg out and soak in the sunshine.

Gyroids.png

The Spikenoid has become the main inhabitant on TeeheeTiki. I like that it looks like a reptile or amphibian; either a toad, lizard or just the enemy Spike from Super Mario. I'm using them as entrance indicators to lure the player over (or that's what I hope for) to hidden areas. So I have them placed all around my island. The Spikenoids are considered the "wild" gyroids while the others types blend into their environments or are "working" in the different vicinities.

Bulletin.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back